Home

Favorites Warcraft III civ and Hero

Zygomaticus

For all you warcraft III players out there, which do you think is the best civ to play with and the best hero??

I honestly love playing with the humans. The archmage and his blizzard is cool for early rushes and the riflemen are just stellar :D

And the best hero, i think is the archmage cuz of reasons mentioned above. I know the icefall or whatever the nightelf heroine can do is more dangerous but getting to level 6 can be hard in a short game, and getting something that does area damage early on, i find advantageous.

Who do you think is the best civ/hero?

Humans. The humans have nearly no weaknesses, and they have good air, great towers and great magicians. And the knights rule with their high armour and attack. Combine them with a few priests and some sorceresses, have a Paladin for keeping them alive and a Mountain King to take care of enemy heroes, and you have a nearly unstoppable army.

My favourite hero has previously been the Archmage, but a lot of updates has focused on getting the Archmage a bit weaker and the Paladin stronger. So nowadays I mostly stick with the Paladin.

My fav is human also, but I can't really decide on the hero. Archmage is cool because I like his water elementals, brillance auroa, and mass teleport, but he is kinda weak and he doesn't have the strongest attack. Mountain King is tough but lacks armour, he has a powerful attack and all of his spells are offensive ones and he has the only stunning spell, storm bolt, of the humans, which can be used to stop those powerful ultimates like starfall, tranquilty, ect. And storm bolt is an awesome hero killer. Pally I just don't use very much, if he had some more armour and better attack he would be an alright hero, but it seems like everybody always targets him first and because he is kinda weak, he dies kinda fast unless you use invicabilty spell. But his spells are ok, just not offensive spells except holy light can hurt undead. So I just don't find much use for pally.

A ranking of strongest to weakest race after my opinion.

1. place: Humans - reasons stated earlier

2.place: Undead

Strenghts: They are great for overwhelming enemys with ghouls and skeletons. Abominations are strong and with high hp. Good heroes. Good air. The ability to make defense towers of their food towers gives them good defense.

Weaknesses: Poor ranged units. Skeletons gets destroyed quikly by priests and dryads.

3. place: Night elves

Strenghts: They have the best set of ranged units and great air.

Weaknesses: Poor melee, wich make them quite weak against high armoured quick units.

4. Place: Orcs

Strenghts: Good melee. Bloodlust.

Weaknesses: Poor ranged. Weak defense towers. Weak against magicians. Poor defense against air, exept ensnare ability, but that requires a lot of micromanagement.

PastMaster

i'm relatively new to the game and have only played 4 games and sadly, lost all 4 :(

also, i can hardly play 2v2 cuz when more than 10 units meet up in a clash my computer starts to splutter and stutter and i can hardly control the battle or even move my mouse to a different area of the screen or save my hero or things like that.

All i can do is just watch as pretty butterflies fly across the screen :(

Hence i'm thinking of sticking to 1v1 although it ain't that fun...

I have actually played the demo so far and it looks great. The only thing however is that I had to put all the video settings to the lowest in order to run it, but it runs pretty smoothly then, so I might consider this game maybe christmas, but other things are needed first. I will however be able to crank the settings up all the way soon!!

Originally posted by Darth54

List your account name and level here!

mine is : I)arth(Y)uffin@Azeroth---Team lvl8 (I play AT more than normal, so that's why I have a low level)

My account name is KingofMark, never played ladder game though, but is getting quite good in Zone Control, Aeon of Elder Heroes, Castle Defense and WW3

Archived