Home

Official SWGB 2 GB.com Thread

Guest DarthMaulUK

I'd be happy with that for three main reasons, which I'll reiterate as they apply to every made-up fill-in unit:

1. It doesn't replace or at least do-as-well-as a canon unit at a given task (in this case, the droideka with anti-infantry).

2. It is possible for it to exist as we did not see a type of warfare it excels at in the movies (in this case, Trade Federation sieges against fortified buildings).

3. It does not have some amazing ability that just about every army would have if they existed (not applicable for the APT, though the Wookiee mirage tank violates this rule).

I shall call these "Vostok's Laws of Non-Canon Units and Star-Warsy-ness", or Vostok's Laws for short. From this day forth let no made-up unit violate these rules. Vostok has spoken.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my ideas and input. Try not to criticize them; this is from a RM players P.O.V... they made up quite a large backbone of the game... you can agree or disagree with that but its fact. L.A did not balance the game for scenario players not single player. All the patch changes were reflecting Online Random Map, if they weren't L.A would of went crazy with scenarios made units more different etc. But you got to hand it to L.A, SWGB was one of the most balanced RTS games to date, some people think not but it's true, any civ can spank at any point throughout the game, some better at spanking in some aspects than others......

Futhermore like sayed before Gameplay(Fun)>Realism

While Realism may account for some fun for some people, it really accounts for only a tiny tiny bit..

Heres perhaps the most radical thing if it hasnt already been brought up: put in a civ editor!!! I know its unrealistic blah blah blah i really dont care; A Civ editor should be put in the game to make it feel more complete. And nothing like EE's civ editor, more than that. I posted this on another site but i'll post my ideas here.

Basically this game should be perfect, no release snags like rise of nations or what age of mythology supposivly had, fairly bug-free release with all the major parts of the game working fine...

------ from MFO's ultimate RTS post-----

Lets just assume this is SWGB being re released.

You start off with 40 point, and a civ with all basic units and techs available.

You may make changes to units, for example give your troops +1 range automatically. Giving your civ this bonus in tech 1 would take up like 40 points, tech 2, 35, tech 3, 20, tech 4, 15. The idea being giving your civ supreme bonuses in early tech levels where a smaller, "amount" of gameplay would be available, where only troop and mounty are available. You could for example do things such as, make power droid buildable in the command center, for like 60 points, but how might you ask will you get those extra 20 pts? cancel options, make your units crapper. Since you see by doing this will save u like 160 carbon, because you dont need to make troop center. So you could for example give your civ a 20% carbon slowness and 10% food (major debonuses) in tech 1, being such a signifigant bonus, but costing so much and being at a price.

Now as you advance through the tech levels more units thus more counters etc become available, stuff becomes cheaper points. For example giving your civ a 10% carbon collection bonus in tech 1 would be very costly, but giving them in tech 4 might only take a few points...

You could get extra points by

-Making units crapper, lower hp, attack, speed, build time, pricing etc

-Cancelling upgrades, ie jedi master,

-Cancelling units, ie medic, assualt mech

Of course the more useful the unit the more points u get for taking it out.

Then you could have unique units addable, but all depending on the tech lv again.

For example making a unique unit such as a probotm which is crap in later techs could cost heaps in tech 1, and sacrafising like many important features such as mountie could give u nuff to make it, however it would cost less points, say if it build slower and cost 100 carbon. The point being, you could only be able to reap big advantages from giving urself big disadvantages.

Then you could have simple, uneeded fancy stuff for people who just wanna coolen up their civ. For example, giving your civ 2 different looking troopers makable at troop center for like 2 pts. Of course they would be exactly the same and affected by same upgrades etc, just for the coolness stuff like this could be added in,

Course you could name ur civ etc.

Now adding in unique units could cost depending on the unit. Also perhaps hero units could be added, like u might manage to add fighting yoda in be it SWGB by making him cost a costly 4000F 4000N and removing a few units, but that would be pretty pointless, but the point being all in the fun of it.

Now units, course you could pick the look for all ur units and buildings.

Then when your done you save it. The idea not being to add ur own units, but to add units from other civs and give urself your own bonuses and techs, basically work on your civ. Now in multiplayer, you could load this civ just as a scn file or anything so its sent to other peoples computers. Im sure a simple system which makes text files and uses a program to read them could be made, so the text file is transferred, only taking like 16kb to transfer for 8 players. Now now all this could work, i really believe it is and it would be fun as. I could sit making a civ like this for ages so i can play it on the net.

So theres a possibility of adding all those toybox units in even crap ones such as (tatooine wind generator) which is just scenery could be build for say 40 carbon but taking only like 2 points. Then you could have toybox ones like main terraform processor which take up heaps of space costing like 200. You could perhaps invent some whole new wacky strategy: walling their CC from afar, i mean maybe making a main terraform processor would be able to be made out of range.

Something like this would just seem like so much fun to inplement in a mulitplayer game.

Now the game would would be of course ultimate so it would include many ultimate features such as, Inbuilt random map script maker, scenario editor of course, inbuilt modding capability, even the option of editing games units (?) for use in a seperate game exe file which puts your changes into play (if you didnt know they released some sort of game editing program at heavengames (read mod forum).

Then of course the game would have to be fun, ie swgb, include lots and lots of extra features (simple stuff, cool intro vid, customizable hotkeys, many before game features ie rush time inbuilt(ron) etcetc)

And of course have a good multiplayer system and actual game support by the people who made it (following the release of rise of nations ive seen a lot of it, they even stop to answer simple questions not even directed at them, the kind of thing you might not of seen before CC was released)

----------------------------------------------------------

Basically a simple patching system in theory COULD be developed... with simple files being downloaded off the game server whatever running and changing the games file... instead of basically replacing the .exe file which takes a while to download. Game could in theory be semi-3d, lets face it not all of us have super killed rig machines and not all of us have the money to update or buy either. If LA really want success they would have to realise this and make the game not too spec hogging up all system resources..

civs is a thing i havent really delved into... and not intend too. But GB was really, a bunch of unique units with the same stats. So in theory L.A could make more "minor" changes to civs... eg civ a's mech destroyer has +5hp civ b's troopers cost 5% less resources.. little things such as that. I think L.A did a great job with the civs in the game but frankly they could of changed em around a bit more. More TF like civs would be cool; this civ has no power cores, that civ has to do this... this civs (building) gives it +10 pop etc. Not too outrageous ala warcraft III and starcraft but more ... different. The civs could all have equivalent units but small things like i sayed.

Civs now

Naboo..

Gungans..

I thought merging them would be a good idea but looking at the way LA made the civs in GB i think they did quite a good job, and whoever sayed they are totally different civs i agree with now.

Empire..

Rebels..

Pretty self-explanatory

TF..

Confed..

They are really 2 different civilisations... only an alliance. And just as in GB LA did a great job on these guys ..

Republic..

Keep them in, play a large role in Ep 1 2 3 and the SW universe of course

Wookies..

Again LA did a great job implementing a civ with only 1 character referenced into the movie.. they may as well keep them.

NEW CIVS

Any Ep3 new civs if any.....

some of the EU civs....

I havent read any of the books and im interested in seeing some of these civs. I heard about them..

Yuuhzang vong or whatever

New Republic (?)

other ones.........

Ewoks are too insignifigant to put into the game.

Gungans>Ewoks

Ewoks are obviously like half as intelligent, they are still stuck in the stone age. Don't put them in!

ya. basically a REAL POLISHED game. LUCAS ARTS EAT YOUR HEART OUT!! dont rush to out the game on the shelves like BHG did with RoN. Too many bugs have snagged it's release.....

Some ideas in general for the game

- INBUILT RANDOM MAP GENERATOR

- EXPANDED SCENARIO EDITOR WITH THE ABILITY TO copy triggers and stuff!!

- Inbuilt modding capabilities ala RoN

- CIV EDITOR WITH ONLINE INTERFACE. RATED ROOMS/NONRATED ROOMS/NONRATED ROOMS WITH CUSTOM CIV/RATED CIV ROOMS.

the idea behind this is your saved custom civ files get sent to other players. The game reads them, they are just information about what settings your civ has. Could be as simple as a text file or advanced scenario file, but the idea is to keep it file size low so it could all be sent fast

- LOTS OF OPTIONS and game modes again referring to RoN

- LOTS OF HOTKEY OPTIONS and ingame stuff to turn on once more rise of nations

- INBUILT SERVER (?) and/or ZONE WITH RATED

polished game. good intro video LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT a bit more civ variety without too much imbalance

- Expanded game areas

In GB fighters were a pretty crap unit which could only be hit by specific units and had the ability to fly over terrain.

Jedi were also super strong monks

you COULD give these guys more abilities...

and ya...

Here are my ideas and input. Try not to criticize them; this is from a RM players P.O.V... they made up quite a large backbone of the game... you can agree or disagree with that but its fact. L.A did not balance the game for scenario players not single player. All the patch changes were reflecting Online Random Map, if they weren't L.A would of went crazy with scenarios made units more different etc. But you got to hand it to L.A, SWGB was one of the most balanced RTS games to date, some people think not but it's true, any civ can spank at any point throughout the game, some better at spanking in some aspects than others......

Futhermore like sayed before Gameplay(Fun)>Realism

While Realism may account for some fun for some people, it really accounts for only a tiny tiny bit..

Im no longer the only person here who believes this! Yahoo!

On a whole, a good post. Some things though:

Generic units aren't the best way to go. You can still implement the virtual point system, but instead of basing it on bonuses, base it on units/ablilities themselves. I use a similar system for balancing my templates. Also, along with this, generic civs arent the best way to go either. Simple additive bonuses here in there makes for easy to make/balance civs that play quite similar (ala RoN). On the other hand, even if you still use generic unit sets, the bonuses should be more creative and have a greater impact on the way you play (e.g., Playing Set is a very different from playing Isis or Ra in AoM).

The other thing is you are correct in saying that LA should keep those with lower end comps in mind. Along those lines, if unique unit sets where to be implemented (and they should), that many civs would be a lagging nightmare. Im only having 7 civs in my templates, and others are suggesting fewer.

Civ Editors-Not the best choice. Unless the game isnt very finitely balanced, being able to make your own civ is quite disasterous. Even with a point system, things are bound to come undone. People will just make combos that are unbeatable, or tweak bonuses so that they are worht more than what the designers originally thought.

Okay, while I agree with most things there I don't think customisable civs will work. Here's why:

1. I'd prefer unique unit sets over a customisable civ any day. And I'm not sure how customisable civs would work at all with unique unit sets.

2. This is Star Wars. The civs are set. It makes no sense having Trade Federation with really good troops or Gungans with really good air. With customisable civs this will happen. Now while I agree for the most part with Gameplay > Realism I think it is also important to realise that letting realism slip a little for good gameplay does not mean creating gross unrealism for unnecessary gameplay.

Why make customisable civs in a Star Wars game (where it doesn't make sense or fit well) when there are heaps of other games out there with customisable civs already (EE, Civilisation, etc...). It is a Star Wars RTS, not just an RTS that happens to have some Star Wars stuff in it.

Yes i agree how it would be unbalanced, thats why it gets its own little rooms..

I know its a bit whack but it would be a lot of fun and would present a lot of new ideas and long lasting gameplay. Besides if you dont like it; dont use it. Go to the non custom civ room. LA could in theory develop a simple patching system which updated the game exe file instead of having to download big large 8MB upgrades(large for 56kers ne how)../

But then, if they are unbalanced, then very few people will play them, thus not helping with game longetivity at all. In fact, part of the reason of EE's downfall was the fact that they had customizable civs where people would design civs that could easily destroy any other customizable civ (i.e. all of your bonuses go to boosting villager attack stats, it doesnt matter if your opponent has uber-air, cause he'll be destroyed VERY quickly by a villager rush).

A civ editor would be a good idea,if it doesn't lead to EE worker rushes. It would be fun to change civs to suit your style of play. For example Let's say I want to change the rebels a bit to my style, so i take away their ability to use strike mechs and some siege weapons and put in upgrades for better troopers and better anti-building aircraft. That would still make them fair and viable to play, both more in tune with how the rebels appear in the movies.

I don't post here often but I have a question, why does windu rip off Command and Conquer? The atp idea of his comes from CCgenerals and so do a lot of other ideas he has said from time to time, i've played ra2 and all that and i would find it hard to believe those units could be implemented in swgb2 ( Like a tank with a flamethrower will make troops garrisoned inside a fort get out, even if shielded,It would be very hard and unrewarding to try balancing that thing) Besides the aoe style of play is better

Originally posted by RagnarokXXX

1.A civ editor would be a good idea,if it doesn't lead to EE worker rushes. It would be fun to change civs to suit your style of play. For example Let's say I want to change the rebels a bit to my style, so i take away their ability to use strike mechs and some siege weapons and put in upgrades for better troopers and better anti-building aircraft. That would still make them fair and viable to play, both more in tune with how the rebels appear in the movies.

2.I don't post here often but I have a question, why does windu rip off Command and Conquer? The atp idea of his comes from CCgenerals and so do a lot of other ideas he has said from time to time, i've played ra2 and all that and i would find it hard to believe those units could be implemented in swgb2 ( Like a tank with a flamethrower will make troops garrisoned inside a fort get out, even if shielded,It would be very hard and unrewarding to try balancing that thing) Besides the aoe style of play is better

1. That was implemented (more or less) in StarCraft's editor. It was ok...

2. LOL! It's just Windu...don't expect anything better...sorry windu.

1. Cause they are impossible to balance. No designer can think ahead an calculate specifically how much each specific bonus is worth, or even people can do what you said and tweak the civs to make them imbalanced slightly. In higher levels of play little things like 10 food here or 1 attack there can make or break a civ. Ill give you an example from AoM, just so that you guys who dont have it will have to buy it and play it to relate: Someone takes Set, who is currently tetering on the edge of imbalance at higher levels of play, and gave his apes a boost in attack exchange for not allowing them to be used for food. To the designers when they first made this (I know cause they posted things along these lines) that would look like a fair trade off, seeing that they envisioned the animals to be a primarily economic helping hand (thats how I played Set during the alpha, using all my animals for food). But anyone can tell you now that the mutant Set is overpowered big-time, since the apes are his biggest weapons now.

2. LOL. Thats probably the most honest and smartest thing I've heard someone say about Windu. Plus you like AoE over the "other" game styles. Plus you have an AoM related name. You are now probably my favortie forummer :D

1. Ragnarok, you gave an example of strengthening Rebel Troopers and Anti-Building Aircraft while decreasing their mech and heavy capacity. This is all well and good, but what if someone were to do the exact same thing to the Trade Federation? For the Rebels, they are still-Rebel like in their strengths, but for Trade Federation, you have totally changed the strength of the civ around. This, in my eyes, makes no sense from a Star Wars point of view and therefore makes no sense in a Star Wars RTS.

2. Yes, Windu shamelessly ripped off the Mirage Tank, then explained it by saying SWGB2 should by a hybrid of all successful RTS games. I like to think the good people at LucasArts are a tad more creative. And now you tell me his "Plasma Tank" idea is a rip-off from C&C Generals I say double-shame on you, Windu. We're talking about Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, not Command and Conquer: Star Wars.

Cool I got a couple of replies to my post. Well let's see.

1.Yeah the TF example got me thinking that maybe civ editing should be more restrictive, like you picking the units and upgrades but only those that go along with the civs strong points, for example let's take the RN for example they are a an air jedi and pseudo mech civ so i can edit those areas but not their troops or heavy weapons, excepting their cannons are really bad. So I can have extra hp for strike mechs if i give up assault mechs or something like that.Or maybe cheaper aircraft if I give up some upgrades for them like the extra armor or extra LOS.They would still play like normal naboo, but if you prefer to have cheaper air or better strikes in exchange for some units and upgrades you could tweak it a little to your tastes.Anyway this idea needs more thought and work in order for it to be viable in any way

2. I don't want to be mean or anything to windu but ra2 was one of the worst balanced games ive ever played, and the maps were always the same,I'd like to keep battlegrounds with an aoesque feel.Finally i've never played aom, I got my name from ff8.

Also on the subject of other crazy units that should never make it to swgb2

1.Transports that attack(no, gunship would be hard to balance, and we would ripoff nighthawk from ra2)

2.Mech destroyer coupled with aa(Turn two cheap units together that work effectively on their own and what do you have?Either the crappiest unit in the game or a game breaking unit,and sorry windu.. this would be another ripoff of ra2's expansion an IFV tank that can attack aa with a guardian trooper inside=what windu proposed months back)

Units and features that we could work could be

1"Gunships" With decent Hp good vs troops bad can't hit air,slow somewhat expensive medium range

2"Turbolaser" batteries can hit both ground and air, but significantly weaker than their individual counterparts

3 Rated rooms and rooms where rules are enforced(ala rm room is for rm only)

4Finally aircraft carriers and capital ships

Well i thought Capital Ships and Aircraft Carriers would act like pseudo Command Centers in space and Sea games.Instead of the regular old command center you have a capital ship that can move about and produces aircraft, can attack etc.But I guess this would be different from a normal rm. It would be more of like a space combat or fleet combat whereas if you lose your capital ship you lose game.Same with aircraft carriers but changing space for the ocean.

It could be fun,but it would be a different style of play than a normal game a more tactical aproach.Anyway it's just an idea that would be cool in the game( If properly implemented and balanced)

Ragnarok, I really think you're trying to put too many games into one. A normal GB2, something where you can totally screw with balance, a space-focussed game, a ground-focussed game, and so on.

Now I know that I'm generally the optimistic one, protesting that it can be done, with things like 15 civs. But at least that's all within the one game. This is about 4 or 5 different games. Hearken back to the days of Fergie and his 'super hybrid,' with different genres and the like all combined to form what he thought was a brilliant game but we all knew was unachievable, especially the way he was trying to go about it.

Some of your ideas are good, Ragnarok, but the concept of having several kinds of game doesn't really work with me.

Also:

1. Transports that attack are fine, and I think they'd be a good idea. And you can't say you're ripping off another game's generic class. 'Oh, we can't have Basic Ranged Units, they were in AoK...'

2. Mech units with AA? You're thinking with a GB1 mindset. This may turn out to be the norm and quite easy to balance in GB2. There may be no actual 'mechs' or specified 'AAs,' so I'm preferring to keep my mind open.

And once again the board gets led around by the nose by people who dont know what they are talking about...

The APT idea just seemed simple and logical, and after discussions with other members, it has been fitted into my TF unit listing. I have NEVER PLAYED C&C GENERALS and probably never will. The closest i have gotten is looking at the back of the box, and i would appreciate it if members would refrain from posting baseless rumours.

I actually agree with having aircraft carriers in SWGB2 - to an extent. Having updated my idea (before i read these new posts) i gave the Naboo a unique ships unit, the Starfighter Carrier, which can submerge and carry about 12 aircraft pop slots, which means about 6 N-1's or about 4 Royal Naboo Transports.

The reason for adding the Carrier is that the Naboo are very Navy-heavy, and with the carrier being a submarine, a Naboo player could launch suprise air attacks from the sea, whereas an opponent would know an air raid was coming in because the aircraft would already be visible. Also, if they figured out where your airbases were, they could take out your airforce. Not so with the carrier.

Windu, Luke is right. Even an invisible carrier would be pointless. Remember that it would be confined to the seas, and also that aircraft are fast enough to suprise attack anyway. I dont see how letting my enemy know my fighters are coming a second in advanced would be worth me buying a unit, putting my fighters inside the unit, and then waiting for them to be carted over to the attack point seeing that the carrier would have to be slower than air units. And I still dont see how the enemy destroying your airbases would have any effect on the carrier. You still cant build any more new aircraft, the only difference is that the aircraft in the carrier are stuck in a watery sloth that kills them all if it is cornered and sunken as opposed to being fast and free and capable of retaining a usable airforce while you rebuild your new airbases.

Hm, well i dont know.....

I guess a civ editor would be inappropriate for a star wars RTS, but it's something thats never been done in a really popular RTS. Sure ee had the choose your bonus type thing and all... but nothing too customizable.

I think LA needs to consider how the game will work. Im guessing they will move away from the AOE aging model, as that dosent suit star wars pretty bad, i mean GE wouldnt of started off with recruits that walked as slow as grannies.. it really dosen't make much sense the way the aging system works. Theres got to be some other way that would really suit a SW RTS. With C & C games or at least the ones i played you got the tech as you go style of play; you need this to build this, which you need to build this. You could have it working this way but i think a more original way of getting more technologically advanced is possible...

How would all this work in the SW universe? think about it, its an important part of the game. Would you have teching as in SWGB, slowly teching up ala terrans protoss and C & C civs, upgrading your main building as in WC3...

• 4 weeks later...

Please no civ editor lol...

I want a unit that makes me carry like 40 troops(but only troops or mounts or naders) at same time... thats what i want... and I do support the idea of Turbolasers to shoot both grounds and air units, but dont make em that weak... maybe em more than a turret and an anti-air tower would cost, and make it hard for the to target planes... then its ok too!

i would also love to see stuff like a mountie being shot of his dewback and the dewback still fight or shiat... but thats future i guess...

I'll Argue with no one that RoN and games like that are good but for a game that has technology a few centuries ahead of that they should propably look at engines built for games similar like imperuim galactica 2 space empires homeowrld and space rts like that not looking back at engines built for combat on one planet EE is a good starting point as the most basic building block but not as the main theme for an engine they would need to butcher an engine to get the game out for ep 3 because i'm no computer programmer but i can guess that builidng an engine from scratch on top of making a game would take a while and i'm obvoisluy mad copyiong this out from the other thread but since it's got ideas for this one and the otherHey we're all going to have to have some EU in the civs no matter how hard you try and if what's being said is true not all of this EU will be EU because if george lucas makes episodes 7 8 and 9 it would propably include remeanet and maybe a little on the vong and a lot on some of the other civs i'm putting ideas forward for these are only ideas though not wohat should be in though i think an few of these should be in to make SWGB 2 different from SWGB because not tht many people would pay over £20 or $20 for a spruced up version of SWGB so the game would have to be different by quite a large margin so i've put in ideas for how the game could be changed because noit many people i think would be happy if the game stayed like it was with just new civs in but would propably need to expand to space and some of the civs in here i picked up as suggestions a while back and only just struck me as to how they could work because doing it the way i think would allow them to be in without making them tii much made up i've put in some later parts of civs like empire and imperial remanet because they were different for exaomle the remeanet got the cloaking sheild the empire had it but never used it and the rebel alliance had mainly fighters but the new republic had mainly spaceships i've taken out naboo and gungans because the gungans never really developed starships so they got around the galaxy the very few of them hitch hiking on naboo ships and the naboo only had ab out 10 different fightuing units so they wouldn't make a good civ realistically maybe have them in as a campaign or scenario civ though and everyone may think there' not much out there but if your like me and collect the official star wars encyclopedia and see how much there actually is you realize it's not that hard it's just a case of knowing hwere to look for the stuff well anyway here's what i think should go in

1.Rebel Alliance

2.New Republic

3.Galactic Empire

4.Imperial Remanent

5.Trade Federation

6.Confederacy

7.Wookies

8.Trandoshans

9.Chiss

10.Yuzzhan Vong

11.Ssi Rruvvi

12.Smugglers League

13.Old Republic

14.Mining Guild

my reasons

1. to keep these good civs in while expanding them with a new idea for how the game should be built which i'll meantion later on

2. becase the rebel alliance by the time it was new republic had evolved to something else with different strengths and weaknesses and units because they didn't have the e-wing and MC90 star Cruiser and for this i'd class new republic instantly after battle of endor

3.same as number 1

3. because after battle of endor they became different as well with warlods such as Grand Admiral Thrawn and Admiral Screed and had some new technbolgies such as the cloaking sheild which unless you count the TIE Phantom which never made it past the prototype stage because it was destroyed by the rebels was not in use before admiral thrawn.

5. same as number 1

6. same as number 1

7. same as number 1

8.because in the game most civs have their mortal enemy in and their are quite a few things known about them one is that their workewrs were of the asp series worker droid set up with how the trade federation had their battle droids the trandosahns strengths could be starships troopers and mechs

9.because a lot of information has began to become more widley known started off principally by the expansion pack and genral sev'rance tann which gives an insight into chiss and another well known is Grand Admiral Thrawn the specialties for the chiss would be air sea starships and mechs. they would get advantages in sevreal areas and get unqiue units aimed towards throwing an enemy off balance or in use for certain strategies

10.because they were actually in the star wars galaxy a few years before the battle of naboo and visited a world known as zonamma sekot and were known about by the emporer well not in an obvious way he sensed that a new threat was emerging and the chiss began fortifying their borders before the battle of endor against the yuzzhan vong their specialoty's would be troopers mechs air and starships and instead of having a traditioanl worker would have a shaper as a builder and would have upgrades each tech level enhancing it and a shamed one as resource gatherer they would be cheaper as a result their buildings would not need power and would be self regenrating and would have unique units of a dovin basal mine and instead of a bounty hunter would have a voxyn andinstead of jedi they would have preiests

11.because they were quite dominant in their part of the galaxy and if the chiss had not helped would have been a severe threat to the rebel alliance they were known by the empire and in fact encouraged to rape several worlds for living batteries and their strikes were used as propganda their specialites would be heavy wepaons starships and jedi and would have a unique unit of a life energy drainer that if polaced near other battle droids would increase their attack points and hit point along with regeneration sort of like a fambaa sheild genreator

12.this would be in because their were space battlkes between a shadowy alliance of smugglers and the empire and when i use the title smugglers league i also inculde crime orginasations like the black sun and it's buildings would be made to look like they belonged in their surrondings they would have unque techs of Ysalmir rack that would be similar to jedi sith purge which would be changed from it's current form to be a tech for increasing bounty hunter effectrivemness against jedi or sith. their s[ecialites would be troopers air and sea and would get a boinues to repair

13.same as number 1

14.because partas of the confederacy were made up of mining guilkd and that is to prove that they had a mlitary force but the main reason would be places like gem diver station nomad city and bespin their were battles at all 3 of those places and would have as unique abilities spaceport techs and mining advantages their specialities would be air workers and troopersand certain elements of starships

for each civ their would be 3 off shoots if they incorporated an idea suggested a while ago and i also thought about an added extra to it it;s a system similar to the age of mytholgy but not quite the same it would be like picking a general first and that would pick your specialities in certain ares and for civs like the sugglers league and the mingn guild picking certain Leaders would change building style and unit cost and in some cases which units are even availble to build. i may run out of ideas for some so if anyone has read won this far post some ideas as well and soory about this ebing a bit long winded but i think it's important to put this down along with reasons so people can't dismiss it easily. the game would propably have an elemnt of space warfare in since all of the civs i have suggetes have taken part in some form of space battles and that area would be a bit unbalkanced for some civs but they would get some bonuses to upgrades or repair costsor maybe even build costs and times

1.Rebel Alliance Luke Skywalker, Mon Mothma ,General Solo

2.New Republic Senator Garm Be Iblis, Admiral Ackbar ,Borsk Fey'la

3.Galactic Empire Emporer Palpatine, General Veers, Darth Vader

4.Imperial Remanent Grand Admiral Thrawn, Isaane Iceheart, Captain Gilliad Pelleaon

5.Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray, OOM-9, Plurre Barron

6.Confederacy Count Dooku, Sev'rance Tann, Count Poggle The Lesser

7.Wookies Attichituk, Chewbacca, Shoran

8.Trandoshans Pekt,

9.Chiss Sev'rance Tann, Grand Admiral Thrawn

10.Yuzzhan Vong Nas Chokka, Warmaster Tsavong Lah, Supreme Overlord Shimaraa

11.Ssi Rruvvi i'll modify this later when i can look it up

12.Smugglers League Jabba The Hutt Talon Karrade Prince Xizor

13.Old Republic Mace Windu Master Yoda Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

14.Mining Guild Lando Calarissian Zorba The Hutt Lord Ecalsiess Fig

and i like most of the ideas but they would have to be balanced an invisible carrier is a little much but if it was invisible with an imperial remanent cloaking sheild meaning that it has a line of sight of 0 and would have to be guided to wherte it needed to go that would be more balanced and anothe r balancer could be for civs like empire where TIE interceptor and fifghters and bombers would HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO be launched from a carrier ship unless they had defneders because i'm all for some units in the game being buildable without reaserch but have things like sheiulds or hyperdrive but would propably put a limit iin like maybe combining the fuel systenm from EE but not so restricting depedning on ship to ship for TIE fighters half an avergae space battle before refueling but for X-wings a game month maybe but combat effectiveness would begin to drop and defenesive beuildings i like the idea for turbo lasers but small fighters lkike X-Wings and tie fighters were too small to be targetted accuratley but could obviusoly hit things like ships and planets so give them an accuracy reduction against fighters maybe like 1 in 5 shots hit but that shot would take it out no matter what and maybe put in Ion Cannons were they disablew the unit and it could be tractored in and use a sort of reverse engineered idea for spy some has had and inteerovgate thjem and certain parts of map couold be revcealed i agree witrh other people with rare resources and maybe put resources that arn'y nessacerily rae only hard to harvest in meanigful amounts so that could be a special abilty for a civ i've suggested the mining guild and some players go along the strategy line build a good econ and to heck with what civ bonuses are overwhelm em so that would add possibilities their could be ways to harvest resources avilible to only certain civs and take out mind trick maybe make it as a 50 50 stealth upgrade some units see the user some don't anther referbnce to one of the coivs i've suggested the sugglers league would have a few units like this because they adept at sneaking asround in this there could be neutral entities like Duro Shiiping And Repair Facilities Kuat Drive Yards and so on they could be neutral for all to use and some units could only be gooten from them though all this aside the game should be a nice mix of cannon and eu because in most cases it's only EU until the film comes out such was the case with eps 1 and 2 though i do agree with a lot of people here saying there should be no ridicuslosy overpowered units availible to 1 civ alone

if the suggestions i've put forward were implemented the empire would be like it is in the film but it's weaknesses would be cannon I.E. overconfidnce meaning that most units would have some obvious weakness to a bystander but not obvious to them like the Tie fighters lack of sheilds or evenm life support and the AT-AT's weak underbelly another weakness could be bribery which would make them easier for players to influence or deadly failure a system could be ut in where you train genbreal staff and put them in a command center and trhey gain experience for battles won this would be for all civs but for empire if they picked vader or emporer as leader they would lose huge chuinks and froces woudln't fight as well witghout them untilk new ones got to a similar level that would be sort of like the ultimate cannon since that happens in real life too the more they do it the more experienced so they better they do it it would be a good idea but i'm not ENTIRLEY sure how they would do it though for this game most concepts should be dropeed since it's star wars not dune or command and conquer or sim city it's a star wars game with it's own set of rules things like mirage tank might work but they would have to be veulnrable for more than a few seconds more like till the slow count of 10 but there is not even a whisper that something like that even existed and for things like a plasma tank that's a rip off of the Geonosian Sonic Cannon from ep 2 i have designs for that and it can make short work of a sehilded buildng in a fews minutes that's on important thing not to give units with abilities or characteristics that were defintly poseesed by onlku one orginisation and thewy should custom tailor type of units to have weaknessess like mechanical troopers vulnarable to plasma fire or having a restraining bolt attached which have been fired off rifles at droid before and organic troopers being weak aginst poison darts little details like that would make the game more unique since i'm not sure that's ben tried before

Archived