1.Rebel Alliance Bail Organa, Mon Mothma , Garm Bel Iblis

2.New Republic Leia Organa Solo, Cal Omas, Borsk Fey'la

3.Galactic Empire Emperor Palpatine, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader

4.Imperial Remnant Grand Admiral Thrawn, Ysanne Isard, Admiral Daala

5.Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray, Lot Dodd, Plurre Barron

6.Confederacy Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Poggle The Lesser

7.Wookies Attichituk, Chewbacca, Shoran

8. (leave out)

9.Chiss Sev'rance Tann, (other Chiss from NJO Period, leaders of two opposing factions in Force Heretic)

10.Yuuzhan Vong Nom Anor, Warmaster Tsavong Lah, Supreme Overlord Shimaraa / Onimi

11.Ssi Rruvvi (Admiral guy, ?)

12. The Underground Jabba The Hutt Talon Karrade Prince Xizor

13. Old Republic Chancellor Valoruum, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Padme Amidala

14.Mining Guild Lando Calarissian, Zorba The Hutt, (frog guy from Kessel)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

EA are tweaking the Generals engine for what *looks* like a half decent Lord Of The Rings RTS - only time will tell.

DMUK

A Generals 'Lord of the Rings' RTS you say? Sounds good.

For xmas i got the 'War of the Ring'. Must say that it is one of the inferior RTS' i have played. Some of the game is good, but the view is zoomed-in too far, and with a pop cap of 100, and most units taking 2 or 3 pop-cap 'points', there is no chance for the epic battles seen in the films.

Guest DarthMaulUK

War of the ring is a joke. Basically Warcraft 3 but cheaper. What I have seen of EAs RTS doesnt look too bad, but its EA and they are renowned for making crappy games that sell in millions.

Afterall, EA are the 'Borg' of the game publishing world. They took a great team like Westwood Studios and then decimated them into their collective and now Westwood are no more and we have the rather naff Generals and like ALL EA games, the original is poor until the add-on is released.

Dug in the screenshots I have seen of the new RTS, theres actually very few ingame shots. *whys wonder*

DMUK

• 1 month later...

I haven't been here in a while. Is there any updates or news on the next Star Wars strategy game or SWGB 2? Just curious! I hope they announce it at E3 2004 in May. Then again I have watched Lucasarts.com for many months and they don't seem to be updating that much information each week.

• 2 months later...

With the official news of Mercenaries on PS2 and X-BOX for Fall 2004, Star Wars Battlefront on PC, PS2, and X-box for Fall 2004, Star Wars Republic Commando for PC and X-box in Fall 2004, Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed for PC in Fall 2004, Star Wars Episode III game for PS2 and X-box in May 2005, and the rumored Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords game for 2005 I doubt Lucasarts has any plans for any Star Wars RTS game period for 2004 or 2005.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Okay, while I agree with most things there I don't think customisable civs will work. Here's why:

1. I'd prefer unique unit sets over a customisable civ any day. And I'm not sure how customisable civs would work at all with unique unit sets.

2. This is Star Wars. The civs are set. It makes no sense having Trade Federation with really good troops or Gungans with really good air. With customisable civs this will happen. Now while I agree for the most part with Gameplay > Realism I think it is also important to realise that letting realism slip a little for good gameplay does not mean creating gross unrealism for unnecessary gameplay.

Why make customisable civs in a Star Wars game (where it doesn't make sense or fit well) when there are heaps of other games out there with customisable civs already (EE, Civilisation, etc...). It is a Star Wars RTS, not just an RTS that happens to have some Star Wars stuff in it.

Yeah it's not the same as it is with EE or AOE 1 or 2, Star Wars is very defined, I can't stand most of that expanded universe crap let alone what some of these idiots who wouldn't even be able to get a licence would end up putting in.

If they make the game right there will be little need for modding, but otherwise it should be friendly to editing.

• 1 month later...

They need to make SWGB 2 similar to Star Wars Battlefront in content. Meaning keep to the films for vehicles, starships, locations, organizations, species, planets, and troops.

I can think of just these planets from the movies that are seen or mentioned that they could use:

Example- Planets

Tatoonie, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Dagobah, Courscant, Yavin 4, Alderran, Ord Mantell, Kessel, Sullust, Dantoonie, Naboo, Geonosis, Kamino, Kashyyyk, etc.

There are other popular planets also:

Corellia, Rodia, Mon Calamari

• 4 weeks later...

I say SWGB2 should use a brand new 3D engine. It should have a scenario editor that is as powerful as the WarCraft 3 editor. (ie: it can not only edit maps but also the tech tree. Editing the tech tree was an awesome feature! You couldalso be able to import your own unit models. But don't use tilesets!) SWGB2 should have maybe 4 factions and the tech trees should be completely unique for each faction (ala WarCraft III). Perhaps the Rebel Alliance could be the sneaky, inventive one (ala the GLA from C&C Generals). The Empire could be the one with huge armies to crush the opposition (ala China from C&C Generals). I haven't thought of what the Republic and Confederacy should be like.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived