Home

Single Character Server

Lord Helmet

I have a question...but first I will give an explanation then ask the question...besides the explanation I just gave telling that I was asking a question after my explanation....confused? that wasn't the question....

I played Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot....both I played for a while, and got high level characters in, somewhat. I always enjoyed being "high-level"....knowing that I could take certain enemies, knowing that newbies would ask me questions, knowing that I was studly(i need reassurance :)). Anyhoo...since SWG is not going to be level based (which is pretty sweet) I'm wondering what recognition will advanced/experience players recieve? How will it be shown or what not? I'm originally guessing that armor, vehicles, and buildings could show how rich someone is...but what would tell you the difference between a starting out doctor, and a mastered doctor? I guess its just hard for me and my buddies to figure out the development process...what will we be looking forward to becoming? Either way...i'm gonna have a hella good time playing...I was just curious if any of you had some insight into this....thankee

Ben

well.. this whole SCS is getting me... well... mad.

not towrd that its a bad thing. but i just got back from the official forums and my God. these peopla are weird.

it doesnt affect my choises in any way.

i was planning on one chrachter for some time. so it doesnt get me warm or cold. :D

Jan and i found a realy funny comic about this whole situation:

20021210.gif

and if it doesnt work.. click the link:

http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/archived/20021210.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I've posted on this before but here's more 2cp worth...Great Cartoon BTW

It cracks me up how pro-MCS see this as such a limiting feature (yes feature). You can still hord gear in your buildings. You can be any number of races/classes on any of the 10 servers. You can twink yourself if you tire of your class on a given server, just turn in all those skills for a bit of exp and train up again in a new skill (have to keep the same race), you get to keep all your gear and still use it! If you like playing multiple chars with all your friends, just repeat the PA on other servers (Like the Pet Trainers PA whos name I forgot).

Just think about the twink part, in EQ if you are a Cleric your gear is only usable by a cleric, if you wanted to become a Wizard you would have to sell all the dropable stuff and buy new stuff at a probable loss. But in SWG you can keep all your ranged weapon gear and skill and just trade in gunsmithing skills for say pilot skills and sell your lathe and shop for a space ship (just an example).

That rocks!

MadMardigan

Archived