Home

The MIDI music

Lundquist

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm listining to the soundtrack now. Just have to figure out how to make a playlist on WMP (PM with info, I'm new to this version...)

Well, I love the site, but let's just say 56k users might not like it (to many links...)

I find it hard to use, but in time I won't have a problem with it. Keep up the good work all. ;)

I really like the new site design. Just takes a few seconds to figure it all out - but doesn't most sites?

maybe there should be a new thread concerning the new design?

oy, the soundtrack is described as 'breathtaking'. That kinda makes me feel obligated to return to it and make it sound better - I probably will do that in the future when I get better samples, or if someone has some changes they'd like done to it.

Originally posted by Lundquist

I really like the new site design. Just takes a few seconds to figure it all out - but doesn't most sites?

maybe there should be a new thread concerning the new design?

oy, the soundtrack is described as 'breathtaking'. That kinda makes me feel obligated to return to it and make it sound better - I probably will do that in the future when I get better samples, or if someone has some changes they'd like done to it.

Do you have a valid e-mail address I can add, so that people can contact you directly about it?

I am kinda hoping people will use the comments on the poll in the website to offer feedback on the site design - most people seem to like it. It's quite overwhelming, but professional was what I was aiming for - and I think that's what I have acheived. I am thinking of breaking up the menu, then it may be a little easier to navigate. Anyway, I'll see what feedback I get before I start editing things.

:)

Hey, I posted a thread in the swamp about your music.

It's attracting more LF members to it. I finished it a little while ago and love it. Thank you so much. It has a nice mix of instruments, giving the mood that the level does.

Like 'Crix Madine's Fate' sounds like a stealth mission James Bond movies would have. The boss music between the DT and that guy from level 11 (is it really a spoiler?) give the listener a sense they're there in the battle. I could go on about this, but I'll shut up now.

Oh, and I was surprised to hear the Imperial March. I don't remember that (it is in one of my least favorite levels, the Executor...)

The_One: My e-mail is Dartkenlun@hotmail.com, that's one I use. I posted the suggestion about a new thread before I saw the poll + feedback... I understand now why it took some time to make the site.

Katarn07: Thanks for all the positive feedback you throw my way, I appreciate it :)

Nah, you're probably right, the boss on level 11 isn't a spoiler - I don't know why I got the idea of not mentioning his name - he looks pretty cool in the screenshots!

Originally posted by Lundquist

Nah, you're probably right, the boss on level 11 isn't a spoiler - I don't know why I got the idea of not mentioning his name - he looks pretty cool in the screenshots!

Sadly, I was talking to Darth NeoVenom, gave him the link, and he says: "OMG, #### #### is in it?! Wow. That kinda ruined it for me..."

Well, yeah, I'm sorry he saw him there, but the original player's knew he'd debut. He was on the box, in the manual, on the back of the CD case...

But the way he enters the game...

Crap, I'm getting off topic.

Listening to your music with the volume up higher (no one watching TV, so it ain't buggin no one...) and it sounds really great. There is something about this soundtrack. Hope you even do TIE Fighter's later on (never played the game myself... Really should)

I just found this thread and after reading all the good reviews about Lundquist music I wanted to download it; but it seems I cannot manage to find it. Is it still online? Could you please tell me the trick? ;)

Oh and btw, X-Wing and TIE-Fighter would also be great, I still have the floppies and even the manual but my PC doesn't like them..:( Getting the soundtrack would be great!

PS: Which tool did you use to convert the midis to MP3?

RazorBlade: On the main Dark Forces mod site (you can get there by clicking on the banner on the top), it's in the music section under downloads.

To answer your other question: I used GigaStudio to make it.

oh, and I am going to do TIE Fighter as well - might take longer than this DF soundtrack though, I seem to be drowning in projects all of a sudden.

btw, I appreciate all the positive feedback, but if anyone has any suggestion how to improve it, like idea's for better suited instruments for some parts or whatever, I'm open to those, some of you might have thought of something I haven't.

The soundtrack is really, really great! I can't find a render that works as well as Gigastudio. I'd use it, but being only 18 and getting ready for college, I don't think I'm going to be able to get a hold of the program, esp. for the price.

Back on subject, I really enjoyed the soundtrack. I've even burned it onto a CD. My only gripe is I as why the music to Gromas mines is missing? Also, why you cut off the Arc Hammer music. I really do like that track alot. Just a minor grip, to how great the music sounds.

I would really love to hear x-wing and tie-fighter soundtrack. That was the classic music.

WhiteLightsaber:

The reason why I cut off the music to the Arc Hammer where I did is because after that initial cue it returns to the music from the first cutscene (which I called 'Katarn's Mission'), and then into the gromas mines cue, which reminds me - CRAP! you're right I actually missed something, the first part of the gromas mines music is identical to parts in 'After The Massacre', but the last half isn't! I guess I didn't hear it all the way through.

- Expect an upgrade to the soundtrack shortly!

Coolio!

Just little something I wanted to mention, maybe you could add little electronic sounds here and there...sort of dark-cybernetic-computarized-twisted technology-Doomish sounds and beeps and the like? :) where appropiate depending on the situation..like for example, levels like"Imperial Weapons Facility", The Ark Hammer, Coruscant would benefit from this. Maybe that could be done for v1.1? if theres ever one? that is if you can do it, maybe not. I mention this coz Dark Forces is all really about this dark cybernetic-army you going againt...so these little additions would suit the concept of the game well...that is all :) good luck with your mission!

Ok an excelent example of the type of sound Im talking about is when Boba Fett shows up in the ANH and ESB, the first time its when Jabba is next to the Falcon calling Han down and at the end Boba appears and seems to look at you for a sec...theres the the little "circuitry, distorted sound" and the second is when he tails the falcon and you get a glince at him for about 2 secs inside the cockpit pushing some lever up, again, theres the "circuitry/cybernetic distorted sound" Im talking about...as you can see its only used very, very, rarely in the movies...thats the way I was meaning it to be used. Same care should be taken with the tracks...

Archived