Home

The MIDI music

Lundquist

thanks :D It's motivation like this that makes me work more on it, knowing that other people also want it when I'm done.

as far as I remember (it's been a LONG time since I played it) it's only in the 1st an the last 2 level where there are cues that are directly from the movies. Anyway, I'm gonna make the whole thing, so the soundtrack should get a nice flow to it. I do think, however, that I'll mix some real recordings into the intro and credits.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tzar Sectus

That sound clip sounds simply amazing, Lundquist, I hope you're not losing motivation for this project. It'd be awesome to hear the final soundtrack.

-Remi

Hi Remi - long time no hear. Care to join us with the coding project now that we've made some head way?

lemme know

Originally posted by Katarn07

Actually, no. Most to all of the music in DF is original. The only John Williams composed music from the movies that I remember is the SW fanfare, the endcredits (and in the middle, they play the DF theme like ESB does with the Imperial March or TPM does with Duel of the Fates), and some shorts strings added into the level music.

ie, Parts of the demo's level 1 music. When it first starts up, I think that is from the movies.

Hmm, I did actually listen to the DF midis the other day, I thought I recognized a great lot. Then again, I've probably listened so much to the original Star Wars music I think I hear it everywhere :p

-Remi

Originally posted by Lundquist

thanks :D It's motivation like this that makes me work more on it, knowing that other people also want it when I'm done.

as far as I remember (it's been a LONG time since I played it) it's only in the 1st an the last 2 level where there are cues that are directly from the movies. Anyway, I'm gonna make the whole thing, so the soundtrack should get a nice flow to it. I do think, however, that I'll mix some real recordings into the intro and credits.

I'm pretty sure more than the first two levels have cues directly from the movies. I got the sense they are pretty much scattered all over the place =| . Anyway, good luck with the project and keep us updated!

-Remi

That's true, I've heard all the music now, and there is a lot more music directly copied from the movies than I remembered.

btw, I've been having a VERY slow weekend, so the last 2 days I've been doing nothing but this soundtrack, I'm about 80% done, so I may complete it today.

That's true, I've heard all the music now, and there is a lot more music directly copied from the movies than I remembered.

btw, I've been having a VERY slow weekend, so the last 2 days I've been doing nothing but this soundtrack, I'm about 80% done, so I may complete it today.

You're 80% done with the entire soundtrack already?? :eek:

Say, you haven't considering redoing the Tie Fighter sountrack as well, hmm? *secretly hands over a bag full of cash to Lundquist* :p

-Remi

Actually I had thought about it, though it was more of a mix of both Tie Fighter and X-wing. But I think I'll give the comp a little rest for a couple of days, I've been sitting here about 12 hours a day this weekend, my... bottom... is sore.

Anyway, I'm now done with it :) - a lot of the tracks are actually repeated throughout the game (some with VERY small changes) I didn't see any reason to make those. I've made some small changes to some of the pieces because some of the instruments are very synthy (like fx4) so I had to find an instrument that could replace them.

It's runningtime is approx 60 minutes, now I just need to find a place to put it :confused:

Actually I had thought about it, though it was more of a mix of both Tie Fighter and X-wing. But I think I'll give the comp a little rest for a couple of days, I've been sitting here about 12 hours a day this weekend, my... bottom... is sore.

Anyway, I'm now done with it :) - a lot of the tracks are actually repeated throughout the game (some with VERY small changes) I didn't see any reason to make those. I've made some small changes to some of the pieces because some of the instruments are very synthy (like fx4) so I had to find an instrument that could replace them.

It's runningtime is approx 60 minutes, now I just need to find a place to put it :confused:

Neat! Wish I could help you about where to upload it, but I'm clueless. Hopefully someone here with a good deal of webspace may help you...

By the way, how large in megabytes did the entire soundtrack get?

-Remi

I encoded it in Lame 192kbps J-Stereo 44.1 khz - I went with CBR as some versions of WMP can't handle VBR very well, and in 48khz, Nero burns the tracks with a metallic reverb sound. The exact running time is 59:05 and the size is 80.3 mb.

It'd be great if they could put it up here, but 80.3 mb is pretty large. I'm open to all suggestions.

I'll host it for you on the website - it could go up with the re-design.

However, you are going to have to e-mail it to one of the team other than me as I don't have broadband and would be unable to upload it. I'm also unwilling to give you access to the website FTP. I hope you understand.

Anyway, if you could get on to maybe Darth or MilesTeg about it, I'm sure they'd be willing to accept it in an e-mail?

Great! Thanks! And I completely understand (an know personally) about access to the ftp. Also, aren't you going to have to pay extra for the webspace? I feel a little uncomfortable about letting someone else pay for something I made.

also, It's a bit too big for me to send as e-mail (my max attachment size is 1mb) So I'll try if I can catch someone on ICQ or AIM - if they are willing and have the time to receive it...

Okay, I'm sending it to MilesTeg, so I thought I'd just give a little info on how I constructed the tracks: The level based music is titled after the first level they appear in, and is mixed with the fight music that is also in that level, The rest of the track titles may not be perfect, But I named them so I could remember where they are from. The transition between the SW main title and the credits roll at the beginning have been changed completely from the one I posted here a while ago (I just couldn't get it quite right), I also added a real recording of some of the credits into the credits roll at the very end, though, again, the mixing didn't go exactly as superb as I had hoped, but I still think it works.

There was also some boss music in the gmidi data that I don't remember being used in the game at all - like when you meet the 1st phase of a dark trooper for the first time, the battle with Boba Fett and the battle with Mohc. I also added them.

If anyone has any Ideas how to improve it I'm open to suggestions.

Anyway, I hope you'll all like it :)

Archived