Home

#Monkey-Island Temporary Move

Riffage

#Monkey-Island has temporarly moved to irc.axenet.org while the DALnet problems *hopefully* move on. Word has it that the DOS attacks have gotten to the admins of dalnet and 2 of the major US HUB's have disconnected permently, rendering 90% of the DALnet network useless.

#Monkey-Island has moved to irc.gamesnet.net (a Remi edit)

#Wing-Commander has moved to babylon.beyondirc.net

By clever vote-rigging popular request, we've decided on irc.gamesnet.net instead - still #Monkey-Island.

On the same server, you can also join our friendly sister channels #joeythefish, #gfnetwork, and some dull Star Wars channels you wouldn't be interested in anyway.

The #Wing-Commander temporary server remains the same.

If I could be bothered digging through the appropriate logs, I could paste a netsplit that occurred on your beloved axenet, too, in the short time we were on it. Granted it only lasted a few seconds, but your pasted text doesn't have much context either. :)

At the end of the day, GamesNet seems a much better choice. The commands may be a little *different* to DALnet, and it's a more major network, but those are both strengths if you choose to see them that way. GamesNet is also a network about - shock - games, as opposed to random weirdness as Axenet was. We might get some visitors who are actually interesting.

I could go on, but I've made my point. Get on irc.gamesnet.net, #monkey-island or die.*

(* Visit #joeythefish too or be eviscerated.)

Archived