Home

Star Wars : Deception (SP Level)

Shadriss

From Page 1173 of the Shadriss Dictionary :

Good Mapper - adj - A mapper who is able to make things in a JK2 enviroment look like something other than a design based entirely of of lego contructions. A Mapper who is able to use curves to good effect. A Mapper who understands that lighting is an EFFECT not a necissity.

I think that about lays it out. :)

I'll get with you shortly on what I can use help with, Aru... I'll ALWAYS be willing to take help.

Originally posted by Shadriss

From Page 1173 of the Shadriss Dictionary :

Good Mapper - adj - A mapper who is able to make things in a JK2 enviroment look like something other than a design based entirely of of lego contructions. A Mapper who is able to use curves to good effect. A Mapper who understands that lighting is an EFFECT not a necissity.

I think that about lays it out. :)

I'll get with you shortly on what I can use help with, Aru... I'll ALWAYS be willing to take help.

Alrighty then, Shadriss. Whenever you need me, just give me a shout. I'll be in whichever circle of hell it is that they keep the patch meshes.

OK, Aru - I have a job for you... all I really need from you right now is a GENERAL layout for a power generation center. Nothing too big or fancy, but a fair sized power generation center. Dont worry too much about frills and eye-candy - I always redo work so it fits the scale of the base map anyway.

Wes - for you, I have a Main Security center. Which, for the most part, should consist of two items - the security hub room itself, and an armoury.

Keep in mind, both of you, that these both take place in a NEW REPUBLIC facility, and the texturing you impliment should reflect that. No real time constraint right now, as I have a number of other rooms to be working on while you two get me those general layouts.

Thanks AGAIN, and if you two have questions, feel free to contact me.

Originally posted by Shadriss

OK, Aru - I have a job for you... all I really need from you right now is a GENERAL layout for a power generation center. Nothing too big or fancy, but a fair sized power generation center. Dont worry too much about frills and eye-candy - I always redo work so it fits the scale of the base map anyway.

Keep in mind, both of you, that these both take place in a NEW REPUBLIC facility, and the texturing you impliment should reflect that. No real time constraint right now, as I have a number of other rooms to be working on while you two get me those general layouts.

Thanks AGAIN, and if you two have questions, feel free to contact me.

Kinda vague, Shad, don't you think? Should it be a round room? Square? Rectangular? Is it an industrial type setting, or something more commerical? About how big should it be? And imagine, for one moment, that I know NOTHING about the New Republic (I don't know anything about it... never read the books or even thought on it), so give me an idea of the feel you're going for. I work a lot better when I've got specifics, so load me up on the details.

The New Republic is what the Rebellion became following the end of the civil war. So, if you want it in those terms, a Rebel Base. :)

So far as shape is concerned, I left it vague mostly to keep from fettering your creativity, but if you want specifics...

A) The Power Generator itself. It should be in it's own room, with no access to it. It's meant to be viewed from a window, not actually played around.

B) Control Center. This should be fairly large, and have several different control stations. Piping and control wire runs should be visable on cieling and walls. At least one large window should overlook the generator itself.

C) A Machinery Room. This is where, if it were real, the heat energy from the Generator would be made into actual electricity. Again, control and piping runs, along with a few larger machine-type items.

Anyother rooms or additions you can think of will also be fine. For decorative purposes, it's somewhere in-between industrial and a stream-lined military facilitry, if you understand what I mean.

For size, well, a generator for a base is generally going to be fairly large, but as this is a smallish base, you could probobly get away with a medium sized one. Just fit it all together as it looks best to you... as I said the first time, I'll be remapping it to fit my scale anyways.

Hope that gives you a better feel... As always, if you have more questions, let me know.

Sounds good to me. I'll start sketching out some ideas on paper before I commit anything to Radiant.

Oh, one last thing... do you want me to light it? Or will you do that yourself? I don't know what type of lighting scheme you've got planned. I'd prefer to use ambient light just so that I can see it when I test it, and leave the specific lighting up to you.

OK, finished the hospital foyer, and have moved on to the hallway network of the base itself, and have begun laying out the two hangers. The first is a small "Ready" Hanger, containing 4 X-wings. The larger one will have the other 8 of the squadron.

Screenshots of the new rooms will be up just as soon as I figure out a func_rotating problem (ie - it dont work... commonlyknown in the Navy as BDDNWW syndrome)

Note : What does BDDNWW mean? :dev6: Broke Dickie-dickie No workie-workie!

ONly a small update from here - I've got the smaller "Ready" hanger mapped out and ready for texturing, including a new bit of work that I intend to release via PCGamemods as a prefab. What could it possibly be, you ask? I'm glad you DID.

It's a missile storage rack for Cuncussion missiles. Wow. Something you'd expect to actually FIND in a hanger! I sent it off to Wes Kesh a few days ago, and he's already clamouring to use it... presumably in his Tintagel level. :)

Anyhow, that's all for now, as that func_rotate STILL dont work. ARRRRRRRGH!

Quite simple, Wudan. It dont work.

What I am making, basically, is a rotating sign. It's a square block that is supposed to rotate around the z-axis. I placed a small brush (textured with the origin shader) in the center of the brush, selected both brushes and turned them into a func_rotate. Result : No workie workie.

SUffered a MAJOR mapping casualty today... still not sure what happened. One moment, I'm making a wonderful little curved fuel line, then radient crashes. I reload, and ALL my work (minus a small portion of the hanger and the fuel lines) is GONE. THere is a backup, but I dont have it, so we're on hold here until I can get it back.

Archived