Home

Do You Think they should Re-Release Monkey Island 1 & 2 with Voices?

Zak McKracken

I don't know if that's a good idea...

I have printed voices in my head for all the chars....

in cmi some voices were disappointing...

I think the voice of Largo would disappoint me.

On the other hand. the graphics in the newer versions COULD be disappointing, cause you're used to these ones. Just like Guybrush's appearance which was very disappointing in cmi....

I've always thought that they should do something like this.. i mean, they could do it with CMI graphics. I know some of the voices in CMI were'nt too good (wally, Elaine) but i dont think you're ever gonna please everyone because we all have different thoughts of how they sound.

I did when i first heard Guybrush, think he sounded perfect though :D and the same with Elaine in EMI... although i thought she'd have a slightly more "caribbeann" accent...

But i still think it'd be good, just for fans that do want to hear all our old favourites :D

guybrush was still the same guybrush in cmi as he was in the other two, i can't explain, but it still felt like him. but in the same sens, playing mi1 or 2 with the same graphics of voices as cmi wouldn't feel right. i think it's just the moving on thing that seems right (although i can't say i liked emi). so in other words, keep it the way it is, it's real monkey island style. if in fifty years time they bring out Monkey Island 17: This Time It's Tripley Personal, i'd still like to think that we could look back to secret and revenge to get a real feel for what monkey island was and what it should wlaswys be.

personally, i'd love it if they went back to cmi graphics for mi5, somi graphics would be going too far, but i prefer cmi graphics to emi graphics.

Ewww no. CMI graphics!!! Yukk. Guybrush was wayyy to tall and thin and geeky. I always got the idea he was pretty well built and all. You don't have to be 7 ft tall to be funny.

I prefer MI1 and 2 without voices. I think Guybrushes Voice in MI3 and 4 are really good...they're really him. I think the art was awful though. Elaine looked to young, Guybrush looked too old (He's just a lil baby, goochiwoo!!!) well you know what I mean, and it was too cartoony.

Oh yeah back to the topic, we all have our own ideas of what the characters sound like in our head, I agree. It would just spoil the atmosphere of those games.

Mind you, I really think they went bad with MI4 too... 3D graphics should be given the boot in MI games. In that sense, I preferred animation as a method.

Archived