Home

Do the MI demos work with XP??

lucymc

Hi again,

I just wondered if anyone knew whether you can install and run the MI1 and 2 demos using windows XP compatibility mode?

Or are they DOS games?

I do know about ScummVR but I am a bit scared of messing with DOS and need to be reassured!!!:confused:

They're DOS games, but I believe they run well under ScummVM. If you're not into messing around with all kind of weird settings your best bet would be to use ScummVM with LEC Q&E as frontend. (the current bundled ScummVM frontend is kinda poo)

No...MI1 works for XP, oddly, though the sound is funny. MI2 refuses to load at all. Don't worry, ScummVR is perfectly safe and easy to use. I couldn't load Day of the Tentacle for YEARS now because the sound and voices wouldn't work, but they work perfectly for ScummVR. It's dead easy to use and everything. I can run Simon the Sorcerer, MI1 and MI2, Day of the Tentacle, Sam n Max...EVERYTHING. Oh. The DEMOS? Lets seee... yeah them too I think. MI1 anyway.

LOL! sorry...SCUMMVM!

Hey, just to let you guys know, the dmos DO work with XP on its own, extract all files to a new folder and then run in compatibility mode for windows 95!!!!

I get no sound tho, but the demos probably dont have sound anyway huh??

But, hey, they work...cool! Should keep me going till I find the real thing!!!:D

Archived