Home

Cantina Six: Postlude to Holocaust Part II

Redwing

Aidan: Oh great. A portal. I'm sure this will end well.

Raschel: *hesitates* So...we're supposed to go through that? It doesn't look so friendly...

Marin: Okay, let's recap. We're looking for gates. Or at least a gate. And we're supposed to unlock it with this. *holds up the clear crystal key that had started the entire mess* Are we supposed to assume that this portal will take us there?

Misae: *speaking for the first time since entering the station* I wouldn't, if I were you.

Marin: What do you mean?

*Misae points to a symbol directly above the portal. Marin looks at it, uncomprehending* What is it?

Misae: Sith.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Misae looks suspicious at Idun's comment*

So, the Norns and the Sith share something in common...

...didn't they say the "Jotuns" helped create the Sith?...

*Misae steps through the portal. Marin enters, then Aidan. Raschel lags behind*

Raschel: *to Orthos* So...we follow them? Are you sure about all of this, Orthos?

Raschel: No, I never did. Funny...he always seemed so above everyone...like a superhuman. Deac Starkiller, hero of the Rebellion. I never thought I'd wish I'd met him, until I found out he was dead.

I'm really sorry.

*Raschel pauses*

I guess we really do have no choice.

*Raschel steps through the portal*

"Hero"...he might not have liked that. But he always tried to do the right thing. I guess this is what I have to do.

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you must decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you....

*Enters portal*

((In the background appear lawyers for Tolkien ready to sue Deac for copyright infringements))

*In front of the group sits a large ornate temple. Directly infront of them is a large staircase. Idun continues to explain about the marking.*

Idun: A long time ago we hunted the sith, to stop their darkness. Eventually helping the Jedi to elimate them at Yavin 4. Our forces would go into a sith stronghold and elminate everyone there, and place that mark above the entrance. Usually they would also have traps set for any sith that returned. Overtime that mark was used by the Sith to mean danger, or as a warning. They were never able to get the detail correct, which is how I knew that was paticular mark was not Sith. We call it the mark of the Norn since they were the ones that predicted the rise of the Sith and our hunting them.

For the Sith it means danger, for us it means that the Norns had something to do with this.

*Heimdall looking around only sees the temple*

Heimdall: Looks like we should go there (motiioning to the temple).

*He begins to climb the stairs.

*The group ascends the stairs, reaching the temple entrance. The entrance has an very high, very beautfully crafted enormous gate. The hinges were cleverly created so they left absolutely no gaps between the gate and its frame. Two large, ornate handles were set in the middle of the gate, where the double doors joined.

There was only one problem with it.

There was no separation where the doors looked like they should join. The handles were there, but no seam. One door passed right into the other*

Aidan: Figures.

Raschel: How does that...open?

*Guy walks directly up to the gate and looks more closely* There's a keyhole...

[OOS: Deac calmly explains that it's not like he made any money from it and that he really loves that book, and then quietly guitars them]

*Orthos stares at this place. It looked like the place he'd been when he'd become the Darkkiller, but different...*

*Marin takes out the key and puts it in the keyhole, and turns it. The key sinks into the gate until its top is parallel with the gate's surface. A pinprick of intense light forms at the top of the key, and expands to split the key in half. The beam of bright light streaks upwards and downwards across the gate, vertically splitting the keyhole and the rest of the gate with it. The light fades, leaving the missing seam in between the double doors*

Marin: ....Wow.

Aidan: So it was pretty. Goodness me. What now, are we supposed to prance right on through?

*Orthos looks up and then sees why this place looks so familar. He sees the Tower, and the meeting room that sits above it. The place where he has been before, and the place where the fates of the world were decided. Then he looked further, and for a few moments, faintly, thought he saw a huge golden city in the stars. Then he looked to the bright gap between the doors, and was the first to enter...*

*Invisable to the groups eyes and silent to their ears, completey unaware, a watcher proceeds to obsurve them...*

???(1) talking to self: "Aaahh, yes these mortals seek the Orb of Forever... I shall see how well they use it..."

*The Spectar floats to infront to orthos, whom is still not seeing who or what is in front of him.*

???(1): "Hmph, Another mortal with an Avatar... I don't understand a mortal ever needing one... Bah!"

*Floats over to Heimdall...*

???(1): "Now heres a fighter, nice and intelligant to boot. He'd be interesting to tweak out a little..."

*The spectar continues to admire the group, as they proceed to find the Time Matrix...*

((OOS: "Vinar" have Avatars? If you're referring to the specific type of Avatar in this universe, you need to seriously read up, because there's no such thing as a Vinar and in the history of this universe (known to me) only mortals have ever had Avatars.)))

----------

*Astral plane. A flash of light appears, and two men appear facing opposite directions, as if they had just bumped into one another. The first man is the man in the dark coat. The second wears similar clothing but has a head of light purple hair and blue eyes*

Man: T. Fancy brushing into you here.

T: Sakara. Asrogeth. Why have you pulled me here? I have business to attend to.

Man: You're late. It's already begun.

T: I had someone to talk to.

Man: *grins* I know.

T: What are you doing here, Sakara?

*The purple-haired man grins* Interfering. Just like you. How's working for the powers-that-be treating you? Good pay? Nice hours? Had any time problems?

T: I must be on my way.

Sakara: So soon? What? Oh...let me guess. Afraid of her, aren't we?

T: *turns to face Sakara* I'm working for the Aeges, gods in their own rights and beings of this dimension. I am fixing a major error in the fabric of space time, so she will just have to live with my presence. So, if all your business with me here is useless taunting, I must be leaving. I have a job to do.

*Sakara is grinning* Alright, you don't want to admit it. But that wasn't what I called you here for. Checked on your little group of dysfunctional "champions" lately? *Sakara flashes a huge grin, as if delighted with something*

T: *says nothing for a moment* What are you talking about.

Sakara: Well, if you're so on top of your "job", you must already know about it, right? Silly me. So, I'll just be off now...after all, you don't want to talk to me anyway... *Sakara fades from view, still grinning*

T: What? Wait! No! Oh...Dammit! *T turns and vanishes instantly*

[Avatars are normally the mortal forms of gods. In this case, these two require mortals to exist for prolonged existence on the prime planes, because they have been weakened]

*The Next Room. Different decors fill various shapeless spaces around it. Orthos sees it is full of people, many that he has known in his life, and is puzzled. Many of them are dead. His mother and Syrnl stand at a viewscreen, planning attacks. Lokpihet sits alone in a corner with a different decor, mumbling to himself, his therapist sits on his couch back in his office, his old Captain from Wraith Squadron sits in what was his office and Deac Starkiller sits in what looks like part of a cantina. Orthos sees no door ahead of him. This must be some kind of challenge*

Marin

*Marin enters the gates after Orthos. She expects to see him, but...he's nowhere to be seen.

What she does causes her to trip in astonishment.

There was an enormous room in front of her. Shapeless pieces with differing decor filled with people, all people she's known at one point in time or another in her life...some dead.

The nearest section was clearly underwater. She could see her father, standing with other consulars, all other Water-Breathers, in heated discussion.

Other sections had her numerous childhood friends, now all moved or gone...or dead, even, in the War.

This place was all wrong. It had to be a memory. A collage of memories. Was it some kind of test?

In one section was the gang Aidan had come from, the gang she had met when she had run from her kidnappers. A few she recognized.

The closest was the gang's "recruiter" and minor leader; a tall girl with short blonde hair and black eyes named Kate. She wore a pink shirt and orange pants emblazoned with flames, with the words "I KISS GIRLS" on the front of her shirt. Icefire, another mutant, dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans with blue flames etched on them, sat next to her, along with Ice's cousin Sara. Next to Sara Marin recognized Miguel, Kir'lhana, and Masque; a tall Latino-looking gargoyle with powerful magic powers, a mildly psychic North Elf and a powerful but somewhat withdrawn mind-reader, respectively. Near them she recognized a couple others...Griff, an insecure shy mutant not completely in control in of his power, which consisted of morphing gold-orange wings, claws, fur and feathers; Cloud, a sweet English weather-controlling girl; Winter, blaster artist; Winter's sister Aria; Gillian, an unusual ensouled half-vampire...and at least thirty others she knew only by face. They were all discussing something she couldn't make out.

A little apart from them sat a girl all in black, with black eyes, short, thick, black hair spiked to resemble a "cat ears" style, and a canary yellow collar. Chere Cecilia. Marin didn't really know her, but remembered being fascinated by her. She was staring off into space, eyes piercing.

Marin, confused, looked past all the people, eyes searching for the passage out.

There was none.

----------

Aidan

Aidan entered the gates after Marin. He was surprised upon entering to find that she had vanished.

Instead the eerie scene that had confronted her confronted him, with drastic changes.

The mutant "street gang" he belonged to - "Kate's gang" (more accurately Riss' gang, but as Kate had recruited him he'd always thought of Kate as being the leader) was in one section closest to him. In other bits and sections were his parents, his teachers, an uncle, the few friends he'd had as children...

Impossible. They're all DEAD. And I left my gang back in my dimension...

----------

Misae

*Misae entered a sparse and extraordinarily strange room. She could see her dead parents and two cousins in one section. In another were a few adults she'd once known. In another, a bundle of anonymous and disapproving Jedi. None of the figures or the background around them looked "real".

But, the biggest shock of all was standing right in front of her, instantly commanding all of her attention. Her master...Quhn Vaas.

----------

Guy

Guy entered the gates at the same time as Raschel. He was only able to register her being there once second, the next disappearing, before his head exploded in a brilliance of pain, blinding him.

----------

Raschel

The room held her dead parents, exterminated long ago by Syrnl Darkstar. It held all the human children she'd observed from afar as the only alien child at the Imperial royalty high-class private school. It held her first few friends, including the Twi'lek Subari and his sister who had opened the door to the Rebellion and the very first Wraith Squadron, created before the Death Star had destroyed Alderaan, for her so long ago. She recognized all the Wraiths near them, with only Orthos Darkstar missing. There were others she'd known, people from the Rebellion after the Wraiths, people from the New Republic Intelligence she theoretically still worked for.

Then there were others.

People she didn't recognize. People she was sure she'd never seen before.

Some of them looked like her.

Raschel had never seen another member of her race before. Ever.

She was amazed, terrified and confused at the same time.

What is going on?!

*Hearing no reply Heimdall turns around, expecting to see the others to find nothing, only more memories of his past.

This time he saw himself kneeling before his farther. It was when he was given a seat in Gladsheim. All of the council was there. Heimdall looked at each person, all but three were now dead.*

---------------------

*Idun stood outside the doorway hesitating to go in. She saw the other members of the group wandering around the room, they were almost in a trance. How odd she thought. In the conner of her eye she saw Heimdall suddenly fall to his knees. Without a second thought she rushes into the room to go to him.

Almost immediatly after crossing the threshold she lost all knowledge of the others. Images of her past then began to come to her, and soon completly absorbed her attention*

???: "They all see images of their pasts. But I don't... All I see is another set of double doors. Seems like this Marin is on the right track... she just needs to ignore everything and walk on through..."

*??? then sees Guy in pain...*

???: "This room only brings you pain only becuase the room tries to pull out your memory, and finds none... It doesn't matter, it's still part of the test..."

*the spectar takes form, of an ancient Sith... The room for him slightly changes to show images of couresant before any major cities were once there, but the spectar ignored it...*

*Orthos looks around. No-one else is here. The door has vanished from behind him. He moves over to Deac and sits beside him*

Deac: Orthos? What are you doing here? Anyway, maybe you can help me. I've got this damn dagger, and I need a force crystal. Think you can find me one?

*Orthos nods. This must be part of it. He does not talk, but moves over to Lokpihet*

Lokpihet: I have no idea how the hell you are, so unless you've got my prize dagger, get lost!

*Orthos places the dagger down*

Lokpihet: You have it? Amazing! Here, take this medallion.

*Now Orthos moves with trepidation toward Syrnl*

Syrnl: Now, Ithekka, I've lost the damn source of my power. I can't do my work without it.

Ithekka: I'm sure you'll find it dear- hey! Lieutenant, take this damn book back to the library,would you?

*As Orthos walks away, he hears her say: "I don't think Orthos is what I want him to be. He's no sith. You didn't tell me."

*Next, his therapist*

Therapist: Now Orthos, I think you're fine. You can have your rank back. Did you ever find me

*Orthos looks at the book. It is the Prophecies of Zedeem, the religion of his therapist. He hands it to him. He then places the rank on Captain Garrik's desk. Looking at the medallion, he sees the Darkstar crest. He then looks back at his fighting parents. He almost doesn't want his parents to have it*

Originally posted by Scarface2k2

speaking of syrnl... I feel kind left out, thats why im not posting any irvines in a few days, cus im waiting for a syrnl one...

deac: o.0 :(

*As the Spectar finishes that formation of his temperary body then a symbol that was identical to the one on the outside of the temple was shown on his forehead, carved out... He was the first...*

*After wards he notices the old skeletons that laid about on the floor, not that he didn't know that they were there, but he sees the danger for those whom do not pass...*

*the spectar still saw each of the room's victums...*

Spectar: 'I could help... but there is the purpose of the room... Crap. This room was made by to same damn people whom killed me... well might as well, poor saps...

*Walks over to Orthos. And places a Hand on his shoulder.*

Spectar: "You better move it. Or else you'd end up like them..." *points to skeletons...*

Archived