Home

How many civs should SWGB2 have?

Admiral Vostok

How many civs should SWGB2 have?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many civs should SWGB2 have?

• SWGB2 should have more than SWGB (10 or more)
    • SWGB2 should have about the same as SWGB (7 to 9)
    • SWGB2 should have less than SWGB (6 or less)

One of the biggest debates on this forum is how many civs to have in SWGB2. Should there be more, less, or the same amount?

I'll have my say first, I think they've got it just right at the moment. We have each civ that was involved in one of the major battles (Naboo, Geonosis, Yavin, Hoth, Endor) plus the Wookiees to make it an even eight. I don't want to see any EU civs like Yuuzhan Vong or Smugglers Alliance as they are not truly Star Wars (see my arguments about this elsewhere) and I don't want any less (unless we only lose Wookiees) because then you can't recreate all the excitement of the movies.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would, for one like more, but not rediculosly more. All the canon civs and some which were in current GB and need to be touched on, like Ewoks, etc.

My list of Civs:

1) Republic

2) Gungans

3) Naboo

4) Trade Fed

5) Wookies

6) Separatists (more appropreite title for Confids)

7) Empire

8) Rebels

9) Ewoks

10) Mon Cals

11) Hutt Cartel

12) Transdoshans

I could go with 12, though 10 would be fine for me (in which case I'd definitely go with the Hutts, and probably 2nd with Mon Cal). Of course it would depend on the gaming release. If it didn't come out til after Ep III, then there may be a prominent civ or 2 that I might want to see...

Kryllith

And that would require and advanced computer. In that case people should get their damn computers upgraded!!!!! It's about bloody time devs stopped babysitting crap computers and move onto modern computers!

Also why not have all those civs in full 3D?! I've played a few games on this 3yr. old computer here and it plays fine with about 6 civs. The're no reason why it won't go further with more advanced computers.

Guys take into consideration the games are based on the movies not expanded universe i agree with 1 civ in Crazy dog's post and that is ewoks.

here's wat they should have

1.republic

2. confederacy

3.rebels

4. naboo

5.wookies

6. trade feds

7.empire

8.gungans

9. kamino ( i dont think they should have clones in this civ but like the kamonians with lasers)

10. ewoks

11. hutt's criminal alliance (if swgb guys can do this i say go ahead but the hutt's are a criminal organisation not army creators)

in the expansion or swgb 2 they definately need more diversity and more heroes

Why not having some ''secret'' civ that you need to do something to unlock them and play with them. Of course they would only be available in SP. You can add Ewoks and Yuuzhan Vong that way. They don't need to be balanced because they are ''secret'' civs and are there just for fun in SP. It doesn't make any difference 'cause in SP some people uses cheats so they would be some kind of cheat.

what about secret units? like if you beat some of the 1 player campaigns u could get units or buildings ONLY in single player or online cheat mode.

Some ideas:

-death star

-world destroyer

-star destroyer

-ion cannon (one that does damage)

-b-wing

-amphibious gungan ship

-rebel spy

-flying sith infiltrator that transports sith

-Tie X-1 fighters

-v-wing

Whoa, let's not go over the top with secret units. Too many of them and the devs will be spending more time working on them than working on the actual game!!

And I don't think the DS and such weapons of mass destruction should be included in a realistic form. The cheat version we have now is a good thing to work off.

I'd love to see the vong. I argued for them like crazy back in regular GB, but for some strange reason they wanted to "stick to the SW cannon" (ROTFL).

The Mon Cal, Wookies, and most other species specific sides would not be good. Mon Cal and Wookies were enslaved and were relitivly easy to conquer...only when they were united under the protection of a galactic civ did they do any good. Same with Naboo and Gungans. Ewoks...yeah well do I really have to argue this one? Hutt Cartel I can see, because in EU they are a civ practically. Same with the Hapans and Chiss. They area civs that I could see going into the game. Species specific civs are worthless except when they own systems. Hapans, Chiss, and Hutts all own systems and field their own armies and none ally completely with the New Republic or Empire.

Archived