Home

LOTR: The Two Towers for X-Box

Dark Warrior

Originally posted by Dark Warrior

I am looking into buying The Two Towers game for my X-Box and just wanted to know if anyone has played/own it and wouldn't mind giving me a review on it. I have been looking at the trailers and am planning to rent it next week. I just wanted to know if it is as good as it looks. Thanks.:)

it is EXTREAMLY FUN but it gets boreing after a mounth or two. its one of those games that you can play when your other games get old

I saw it at Wal-Mart and being the greedy person I am I bought the game. I was not disappointed. It is EXTREMELY fun if you like hack and slash games. It is similar to Gauntlet legends except that there are more moves in TTT and it requires more skill. The only thing I don't like about it is that thee is no multiplayer mode like Gauntlet legends where you can go through the mission with 2-4 players. But other then that it is a great game. Thanks for the comments on the game guys.

Originally posted by Lost Welshman

Sorry to tell you but LOTR:TTT isnt on the Xbox- Yet, febuary next year i think it is coming out.

What are you smoking? It came out on Dec. 30!

I've played it on PS2 and I suppose they are about the same since the Xbox version is a port I think. So here's my review for both the Xbox and PS2 version.

This is a great game! While it is called the Two Towers, you actually must go through something of a Fellowshilp highlight reel before you actually move on the the events of TTT.

The fact that you can choose a different character for each level and then power them up afterwards using the points you acquire from killing enemies adds very well to the gameplay. Its also very convenient since the levels grow progressively harder (that's why its also convenient that you can adjust the difficulty in the options menu :p ).

While the gameplay may look like a cookie-cutter hack-n-slash, the slick controls and excellent RPG stat-building elements make it feel like a whole new genre.

If I had to give this game a numeric rating, I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 (I'd give it a perfect 10 but its pretty tough in places and Gimli just doesn't get enough throwing axes! :mad: )

Archived