Home

The best multiplayer mod idea!

Xener

Role Playing! there are many servers and a few clans that do this in many ways by role playing, developing a character that ties in with a storyline that involves other characters that other people play, without NPCs (except for maybe stormtroopers ;) ) and they normally keep things reasonable and make sure it fits with the star wars universe.

Ha, I don't know about The Sims (don't follow it), but as for NWN, I think it needs more team-based SP, like Baldur's Gate was. I started NWN, but after playing BGII one day I was never able to seriously go back :rolleyes:.

I agree, though, there are so many mods out there that really aren't all that different from CS with their team-based multi; one of the reasons why we changed to co-op actually ;).

I'm told it's impossible to eliminate (although I don't really believe anything is), so we're going to have to either split each map up into several small maps and have in-game loading, or create our own entities that act as spawn points of sorts. There really isn't a good way around it that we have found yet. However, we haven't gotten into any actual coding of this yet... but if anyone has and other ideas on what to do, feel free to post them.

See, this is exactly the problem we have. We can't get any PR so no one knows about us. I've tried to post help wanted threads on here in the past and they just get closed before anyone can even respond, so they get buried right away.

Anyways, as for your question, we will be creating custom maps. If you want to learn more, check out our site below ;) (I'll be updating within the hour too).

Bloody hell! We're down again? Looks like the whole network... This should be temporary... I will update the site first thing when we come back. Sorry for the inconvenience, but our host is undergoing a server upgrade (although I thought it was complete).

Yes, we were at one time (our highest day/week/month actually), and I do believe I could, but I don't want to give them requests without having something to show off too. So I'm waiting on my lead coder to finish making some minor changes to a model that I made a skin for before sending any help wanted requests (and yes, he is not technically a modeler and I'm not technically a skinner, but we need more team members ;)).

Also our site is back up now, like I expected it would be (it wasn't pre-planned downtime).

Sounds likea very ambitious project. If you need any additional modelling help, I would be interested in helping out. I mostly have experience in chrarecter modelling for JKII and normal cad/3ds modelling for non game stuff... never tried making a map (I thought it to bee too big of a project do do all alone) but if I can help in any way I'd be glad to. :)

I cannot tell you how desperately we need a character modeler (we don't even have one!), ksk h2o; that would be great :D! I look on here at all the quality independent stuff and am completely jealous! Could you e-mail/PM me your e-mail address so we can discuss it further? Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion, JediStone, but not on your life. That little host and I have been through a lot together ;). No, but seriously, I've talked with people who have been hosted on JKII.net and they haven't had anything good to say about their hosting program, and from what I gather as well, they're right. Look how many of their hosted sites are down currently - and have been for months!

Archived