Home

Animation in JKII

Batiushka

I think this is in the wrong forum... right now, nobody really knows how to make new animations for JKII. There were some really good modellers and coders in the old modelling forum that found alternate ways of creating different looking animations, but not really "new" ones. :)

Its is possible, but as the lack of help from the Dev at Raven is making it impossible for us to continue with new animations.

We have the software and we have the ideas and we did have some progress with James Monroe, but they seem to be 'too busy' to do anything, so that is one of the few reasons why JO is slowley dieing, and will admit that even the TC is having problems trying to move on, with out the Devs supporting the community and swiftly moving into gear to help the community, JO will be one of the few Q3 Engine based games that will not be able to move on from the orignal game, which as you can understand from a Modders view very annoying.

Dam I wrote too much- oh well- dont worry Im still pestering them about it.,

Was the SW part of the editing toolkit released? For the life of me I cant see any of the included progs doing the job, or didn't quite see how we could use max and export gla files. If not part of the toolkit, what limb do I have to sever to get my hands on the tools? :)

The tools were somthing I and James were working on, it was based on getting the animation files working in Milkshape, as many people didnt have a spare $10,000 to spend in Softimage, even though I still cant get the animations to work in that either, but some one has got the raw data from Raven of the animations used in game, even If I had one I could work from I would be able to develope some sort of plugin or software that would enable us to carry on.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe we should do one of those petition things from that petition website i cant remeber it but it should be all of us whining to Raven to release the SP source code and to let us exploit their engine to the best we can we can get the community to mass email them everyday till they give to our demands we are the consumers damnit and they should make us happy and let us modify their damn game or else. :atat::deathstar:deathii::biggs::bdroid2::evanpiel::ewok:

Archived