Home

Imperial Brewery levelshots

Takeoffyouhoser

Well, these shots are about 3 weeks old. David, I forget his forums handle, created this page for me, for which I am thankful, to host a few shots.

http://sonkate.com/imperial_brewery/

Now, the interior shots are brightened a bit, so in-game the light is a hair bluer than on the screenshots.

much of the smugglers lair looks like the interior shot of the hallway. I wanted to create a snakelike and meandering place, just to get players a bit disoriented.

the exterior shots are also a bit dark, but, they are supposed to be like that. I may change the textures of the bunker, but, in-game, they look fine.

* Disclaimer *

I am NOT a professional level maker, so bear with me !!!!!

i'm pretty happy with how its coming along, actually. I just have to work on the warehouses, as well as the smaller rooms along the hallways, and this should be done.

The Imperial Base is basically going to have the same style as Kejim ( built to Imperial Standards :) ) and will have the

" brewery" so to speak. Its labs and a few large tanks, but hey, its relevant!!

I'm also going to have to make a small Nar Shaddaa like level for the introduction level to the story. this shouldn't take long...

So, this will have 3 levels total..

the outdoor area is pretty neat!!

basically, behind kyle in those shots is a small clearing and there are trees around it... like 150 trees!!

the clearing is sunken a little, and this was suppose to be a small pond...from all the rainwater... but i decided not to use it cause of the lag all the water created...

i mean i'd rather 150 trees then some water anyday!

this area, the terrain, is like a backdoor entrance and the clearing is an emergency landing area incase of fire or something.. lol

i have a story/reason/excuse for all my architecture and areas and stuff....

and you know when you go to Home Depot or Lowes and you see them moving pallettes of stuff on a pallet jack..well, I made the star wars version of a pallet jack as well. it uses Func_Bob to make the " hover-jack" float, and rise and fall just enough for the player to notice....

• 2 weeks later...

update, 1:02 am

I have some areas of the level where you climb ladders. No, not a Werner 12' Type IA Fiberglass Stepladder with a 300 Lb Duty Rating, but making certain areas climable. These areas would be like up a ventalation pipe, or out of holding tank filled with water.... kinda like Red Faction related climable stuff, just not normal looking ladder type ladders...

well, um time yes.... er.....

I only play around with it on my days off, or after work, and only then when i feel like it... so its slow going.... I am making some good progress, though.

I am making the command area, water treatment area, some living quarters, a submerged living quarters ( so i don't ahve to make it, he he he he) right now....

I have to make the warehouse area, prison cells, and the hangar bay next....

I may change the Imperial Base to a Nar Shaddaa setting as well, which would be more fun i think.....

I jsut can't force myself to make anything, so its slow going.

Archived