Home

Ethics on hunting sand people…….

Can-able

Hi Guys

I been reading this week end about Sand people and how they are not really senescent being’s , because they operate on a sub-human level.

So I been wondering is it going to be ethical to go hunting sand people for experience ?

I been thinking well yes :D

But thats me and i plan on being scum any way ;)

What do you think ?

Is that really what you want to do for fun? Remember, this is a role-playing game. So, the idea is to interact with people, not 'sub-human' creatures that live deep in the Dune Sea. As for me, I'll be on Corellia, sucking down Corellian Apple Brandy with my squad of STs, so do whatever you want. ;)

:sithm::trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper: :trooper:

Well i am not really thinking of just killing sand people....

But whats the first thing that you do when you start any new RPG....you want to get up a few levels ...

So what i mean is, Is it morally right to just go round killing sand people and there familys just for the XP ??? :D

Or do you think that the Programmers are just going to treat them like Animals ?

Originally posted by Can-able

So what i mean is, Is it morally right to just go round killing sand people and there familys just for the XP ??? :D

Well of course it is not morally right. Think Anakin in SW:AOTC. He was tormented with the act. It was an act of pure evil. Whether you consider them sentient or not, they are far more sentient than you describe. Remember their huts. They may be slightly primitive, but they can communicate and have primitive technology. If you research sentient you would find:

SENTIENT

SYLLABICATION: sen·tient

PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: snshnt, -sh-nt KEY

ADJECTIVE: 1. Having sense perception; conscious: “The living knew themselves just sentient puppets on God's stage” (T.E. Lawrence).

2. Experiencing sensation or feeling.

(American Heritage Dictionary)

By this description, and in my opinion, Tuskens are sentient life forms. Ie. Just don't go anhialating them cause you are bored or greedy! Earn your experience like everyone else! :p

Originally posted by Gontheboy

I am planning to live on tatooine so I am bound to encounter a few of them. But if they start a fight, you know whats coming to them.

:craider::blueblas1

Yes, but that would be self defense, unless of course you were searching for a fight and it just so happens that they start it. I believe we were refering to cold-blooded murder (The best kind).

Ok first I don't intend to commit genocide as it was so well put against the sand people

And it was the incident in ATOC that made me start to go down this kind of though path.

But what I am thinking is....

Is there going to be a form of alignment slide for the normal Joe...we have Dark and light sides for the Jedi, so will it apply to every one else.

Also the reson i suggested that they are not sentient is becuse :

Quote: Star Wars Fact File Issue 42 :Tuskan Raiders

"Some Anthropologist have suggested that they are not truly sentient, but instead exist in a kind of half-animal, sub-intelligent state not seen in human development"

As far as Dark Side points for non-Jedi, they are rare, and very hard to get. Only the most severe of evil acts would bring these. As such, I doubt it will be represented in the game.

Keyword in your quote, " ..suggested..". As such, a suggestion is not fact until it is proven, before this it is only a theory. Ask Anakin, he got DSPs for his actions against them and as such, they probably are sentient. As I said, a more primitive form of life, but still sentient.

I must add, that according to the definition, even your pet dog is sentient. Pontificate that and KILL THIS EVIL THREAD! :p

"Die evil thread.....Die Die!" ;)

Originally posted by Gontheboy

They are evil though, those tuskans, they kind of helped anakin along his way to becoming darth vader.

I just noticed the change in my title, "Please, I beg of you, don't kill me!"

Hey Gontheboy, they aren't evil. Evil is an intention, nature can not be evil. Is the Black Widow evil for killing her mate? Is the Praying Mantis evil for devouring hers? No, this is their nature. The Tuskans are territorial, they do not look for trouble persay, they protect their land. I am sure it is much like the American Indians, they were probably their first.

You guys think to lightly about this.

I mean even Obi Wan Kenobi got away from them.

they are extremely recoursfull and are strong.. i think you can kill one or two, maybe 3... and then you will have an entire colony of Sandpeople killing youn to death :p...

but that is what i think...

if a dev can be killed by a nest of womprats... i fairly sure you can be killed twice as easy by a sandman :D

my 2 cents

-Wraith 8-

Well I think Wraith is kind of right :D

You are going to have to be very Hard to take out a hole Tribe of Sand people. Come on the one time we see it happen is buy the most powerful Jedi ever (Supposed) :D

They are ruthless and powerful, The reason that they take prisoners and torture them is to find out what the enemy is made of, that’s why they took Shame Skywalker.

But if the Programmers program them to be like animal , then people are going to treat them like animals and they are going to slaughter them.

So we could start a charity hear and now to save the sand people :D

Just a thought though...as the Sand people's young have to complete a trial to adulthood , They could be used as a trial to join a gang (you gotta kill 2 Raiders to me in my gang) kind of thing :D

Any one want to link up and kill them Tuskan Raiders , We start with Darth_Sidious as he just became one ;)

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the twin suns, I shall fear no Can-able, for I am of the dark decent. Fear and hatred are my closest companions. Loathing and deceit, my nature. In closing....

Kiss my towel wrapped rear Can! ;)

BTW, the banner looks much better Wraith.

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the twin suns, I shall fear no Can-able, for I am of the dark decent. Fear and hatred are my closest companions. Loathing and deceit, my nature. In closing....

Kiss my towel wrapped rear Can! ;)

Hehehe...... I like that it's funny :D

Darth_Sidious..... I would kiss your royal behind but my lips arn't big enough ;)

:craider::snipe1: Die die die Tuskan skum :)

Actually the Tuskan raiders are evil creatures and need to be dealt with when encountered, and if you are of evil alignment you may seek them out and annihilate them (Role players that is). Consider the facts...

SW4 ANH: Raiders Attacked Luke, and were stealing his gear out of his speeder. Evil Act, not animal instinct.

SW4 ANH: Obi Wan being a Jedi did not want to kill anyone and was protecting Luke, so he avoided confrontation and killing, which he knew they wouldn't. Evil Act.

SW1 PM: Raiders regularly shot at Pod Racers. Either to loot the pod racer components or just for fun. Evil Act.

SW2 AOTC: Raiders kidnapped and Tortured Shame Skywalker. Theory: The Sith Lord Ordered or implanted the idea for them to do this, knowing that Aniken would find out, try to rescue her, see what they did, kill them all, thus feeding the power of the Dark Side. Evil Act.

Now being of Neutral Alingment and a Scoudrel type Smuggler, I will not seek them out, but will eliminate them if they get in my way.

MadMardigan

Archived