Home

Enter the Dark One.

Deft Aklin

(I am leaving this generally vague for several reasons, one being the mystery and suspense. The other, I have no idea where I am taking this. We shall see who would like to participate and let it lead us where our hearts desire)

In the time of the Rebellion, this lone Dark Jedi waits anxiously for his return. Soon he will reclaim power in this realm, but for now, he waits. On a lone desolate and nearly uninhabitable moon, outside of the charted worlds, he has surrounded himself in the blackness and void that has been his life. He waits, for soon will come a visitor. One he has foreseen, but for what they call, he does not know.

Across the dark planet, a desolate region opens. Resting in the center of the wasteland of black sand, lies one lone metallic structure of near massive proportions. A small landing pad bares an unknown symbol, from an unknown time and an unknown organization. This structure appears abandoned, it ancient walls wear the blackened colors caused by severe acid rain. In the distance a bolt of lightning strikes the barren sea of nothingness. A small landing pad, almost unnoticeable, rests just outside the front gate, the doors of which are wide open, as if to invite company. But this building is not as it seems, it is neither unused nor abandoned. One sole inhabitant lurks inside. His own dark soul complimenting the exterior walls.

(Fade to the thrown room)

Kytel:

Slowly the dark one rests his weary and aging body into the blackness of his throne. Alone, in this room he had spent much of his time. As age slowly creeped up on him, he had succommed to its requests and spent more of his time in deep contemplation. His followers had long since passed on, not that he had made any effort to save them. They had done his bidding for his cause, and in doing so, paid a price for his decisions. Many had died, but even more had retreated as the dark one spent more time in trance and less time perpetuating his small empire. As his interaction and strong leadership was slowly removed from the criminal organization, it crumbled. Little was left, except for a large supply of consumables, as none were there besides himself to use them. His own ship was taken by the last group to leave, his servants. Left a lone, nothing but his own company and his lightsaber. Contemplating these things began to trouble him. He gradually cleared his mind of these thoughts and began to return to an older, more instinctual state. That is what he had done for nearly the last decade. Resting, preparing, he knew the time would come. The time in which he would be required to return to the old ways. The intense emotion he had once felt, the anger that drove him, once again filled him. Slowly he entered the rage trance. Closing his eyes, recalling the battles of old, his adrenaline increased synchronious with his beating heart. Not fully engrossed in the act, keeping mindful of his surroundings, he could sense the intrusion. There was some one coming, but for what he could not foresee. Slowly, he allows his trance to fade away once more. Turning his throne on its axis, he takes in the view of the oncoming storm. Great bolts of blue and purple begin to strike in the background, and slowly the rain came again, as it always did. It came to take away the life from this moon, not that there was much left. A slight sense of satisfaction gently intrudes his being, the storms were always strong in the Dark Side.

Slowly his attention returns to the intruder, he could feel the presence right behind him, quietly entering the room. Before his guest can speak, Kytel speaks in a low, raspy, weathered voice, "I knew you would come, but for what I have not foreseen." Slowly his chair spins, eerily as if with no action on the Dark Siders behalf, "Do you come for my vast fortune.", he pauses for a chuckle, "If so there is none, my servants have taken everything to further themselves. I lack even a vessel to travel to my homeworld." Kytel still rests in his chair, making no hostile moves, as he would need a ship and a pilot to leave........finally.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC: Let it flow man. I don't like games with pre-defined scenarios and planned outcomes. That is why I left it the way I did. If you want to be a Dark Jedi seeking training. A criminal seeking assistance, pursuing a leader for your organization. An Imperial Inquisitor stumbling across my humble hide out. Feel free. I will edit my post to make it a little more pre-defined. With a better setting of course. Well.....you'll see.

There....hopefully that will suit you better. As I said your character and your reasons for coming are up to you as I have not decided whether this will be the story of Kytel's salvation, or his demise.

Thats pretty good scene set-up there Sidious. I'm something of a newb to the RP forum- the first I've tried is on the boards under the hungry hobo. Lol, sounds like a tounge-in-cheek RP but I think we have a good start on it. I've thought about joining several other threads, but they all seem to be somewhat crowded, and often have too many restrictions on staying within the timeline, keeping consistent with existing characters and plots, etc. That just stresses me out..lol

The other thing that I have a natural aversion to is Jedi threads. I'm one of those who's sick of Jedi's in general, and cant wait to enter a world where they're extrememly hard to come by ;) I'll be around tho, just waiting for the right RP thread to jump into!

JS

• 2 weeks later...

Allright Lets Do it ...

The intruders black leather boots clack dwn on the ferrocrete floor as he strides towards the thrown.

"I have come to seek you wisdom,"he states as he kneels down before Kytel,"I wish to help you in any way I can. I am Coran Bathyan from which planet it does not concern you. I have come to aide the dying Sith."

hows that tell me if you want me to edit

Sorry guys, this sat for awhile, so I guess I just kind of stopped checking it. My bad. ;) Give me a sec and I'll add on here.

Kytel:

His chair completes it's motions, coming to a halt after moving full cirle almost of it's own will. The darkness of the room suddenly is replaced by a flash of purple light from the storm outside. A near whisper of a chuckle comes from the elder man, "I fear you are hiding something from me, something you desire more than my wisdom." Briefly he closes his eyes, reaching out with every fiber of his being. Even assisted by his strength in the force, everything was clouded, it had been a long time since he had used such powers. There was no need, for there were no companions. He had become a hermit, a recluse. Hidden in his own dark creation, on his own dark world. Again, the light brightens the room, revealing Kytel now on his feet, eyes focused on the man kneeling before him. "What is it you are hiding from me?", he asks in his harsh, accusational way. His eyes slightly enlarged and penetrating, yet his body language suggests no offensive intentions. A gentle, diminutive step forward, and the last of his robe falls from the chair, gently floating to reach it's final destination on the floor. Lowering his posture, leaning in towards the man, he gently whispers, "You have already dishonored yourself and me as well by calling me a Sith. Do you think I need gadgets to be strong in the force?", a weak chuckle follows, then a pause, then he continues, "I have no need for such things. The force is strong through me, because of me, that is all I need." In his own deluded and aging mind, somehow, he actually thought that the power of the force was somehow generated from him. Perhaps cenility was setting in. Perhaps somehow he was right? Perhaps the Dark side had warped him far greater than even he knew.

Kytel:

He had many things to do, many foes he had yet to vanquish. Many tasks still not completed. What was this man talking of, what were his plans? Kytel, was not worried, he normally just liked to know all of the details. He had to agree though, he did want off this god forsaken planet. "Take me to your ship then.", the man could not possibly be trying anything, Kytel would easily be able to strike him dead. Turning to a container next to his chair, then waving his hand over it as if performing some feat of magic. The cantainer slowly slid a small metal cylinder forward. With his right hand, he grabbed it, studying it briefly before attaching it to a belt under his robe. He had not used the weapon in nearly a decade, he had grown too powerful for it. Now he was leaving the place that had given him so much power in the dark, no it may come in handy once again.

Kytel:

Casually, yet cautiously, the old man slowly creeped his way down the hallway. The lightning from the storm seemed to crackle with each delayed step, almost as if in anticipation of something. He didn't quite understand the apparent lack of patience of his guest, the nearest planet was a good two days hyperspace journey away, and anything remotely near the core would be nearly twice as long. A loud, "CRACK!!!!", is heard from above. A bolt of the purple and blue lightning must have struck the ancient, decaying structure for following the cackle of the storm came a hissing noise from the building. As he neared the vessel, he paused for a second, assessing it's worth, as he was still assessing it's owners as well.

There it stood in the wake of the storm the Altecron . The majestic ship lit up as the lightning struck right behind the spaceship. The laser turrets gleemed on both side of the vessel. Slowly as they walked forward towards the ship the landing ramp came down allowing the passengers to board the ship.

"So, what do you think will it do?" Coryan said as he helped his passenger on board.

Kytel:

His eyes frantically assessing the vessel, "It will have to now won't it." Slowly he creeps up the ramp, entering the vessel , now but a passenger in this wild ride, this new adventure. Setting himself upon a chair, his mind reaches out to the future. Pain, suffering, death were all he could feel. His eyes open,only a few short seconds after closing, smiling as widely as his mouth. Unlike most, these feelings were comforting to him. KABOOM! The lightening becomes more violent still. Almost as if trying to prevent something, some twenty bolts of various shades of blue and purple ignite the view before them. It was time.

Kytel:

As the ship soars upward through the atmosphere, the air becomes more turbulent. The lightning spreads across the face of the scorched earth like a wave over a small child. Bright blue and purple hues ignite the very air itself. The storm was getting worse. Almost as if the moon were crying out in agony, a final plea for something. As the vessel finally exits the ensuing melee of electricl disturbance, suddenly, unexpectedly, it stops.

"Yes, Tattooine.", a brief answer for someone with little time. Somehow, Kytel knew this would be his last adventure. Casually yet exhaustedly, the aging master rest his weary and frail body upon the chair before the co-pilots control panel. With a rear facing glance, he releases a loud exhale, one last sigh in rememberance of the world he had become so attached to. A world that had somehow become attached to him.

Kytel:

Not sure of himself anymore, even going so far as questioning his power in the force, he felt drained upon leaving the moon. He could only assume that this would grow worse as he travelled farther from it. He didn't know quite why, but it seemed as if the satellite had been fueling him. He had grown incredibly strong in the force, but how strong was he now? The orbitary object had sustained him for quite some time, in fact, he could not quite remember exactly how long. His mind quickly refocusing on the question posed, "Yes, I feel such a journey might be necessary." For the untrained individual, his contemplation might have appeared trance-like, almost as if he were seeking advice from the force, farseeing the future events to come. He had done plenty of that in the past, for once he wanted things to happen outside of his knowledge. For once he desired unpredictability, uncertainty and impulsive decisions to come from within himself.

"Allright then lets go," he told Kytel as he gave his commands to the Air Traffic Control at Tatooine. " Ok were landing now in dock B-132."

Coryan pulls the ship into dock and steps toward a cabinet in the corner. He opened it and pulled out dual sabers and holsters them along side his DL-55 prototypes. Slowly, he helps the man toward the landing ramp.

" Fill er up," he tells the anding droid,"And dont cheap with the bad stuff now you hear?"

" Yes kind gentles," the droid replies.

" Lets stop by the cantina, do you drink?."

Kytel:

Kytel had sensed the force in his companion. Thankfully, he was not as strong in the force. 'Any tremors he would cause would hardly be noticeable to the Jedi Council', he thought to himself.

(OOC: I realize the timeline I set forth in the opening, but this is part of the story, so don't get too confused. ;P)

"Yes, I do drink.", a simple answer to a dumb question he thought. "Fluid is necessary for ones existence no matter how powerful one becomes.", his naive words make him appear as an infantile being, an ignorant fool. Perhaps, just from an older time? A time when no Jedi, good or bad, would risk his existence for pleasure in the form of a beverage.

OOC: OOO... Sounds like fun...

IC:

JoKen, once, several years ago, had been a smuggler. Now, he had grown extremely wise and strong in the force. Originally thought not to be force senseitive, He had tested himself after he was able to move a small pebble without touching it. The results came out positive. Why his original test had come out negative he was not certain.

He had been sensed great evil approaching Tatooine, his home planet. He immediatly begin trcking it down, which led him to a cantia in Mos Eisly...

OOC: Okay, now that we have a protagonist, we must set some ground rules. Since I am attempting to build a story here, let's set it no character killing. Injuring is okay, but no disarming, that means no hand removal there Luke. ;) This way we can build the drama a little, building up to the ending I have preconceived. So you can burn someone, incap, but no decaps or body part removal. Incarceration is questionable, though lacking permanency due to the fact that everyone so far is a Jedi. Is this acceptable? It should allow us to build conflict and aggression without anyone having to leave the scenario early.

Archived