Home

Enter the Dark One.

Deft Aklin

OOC: Oh yah, BTW, Coryan should not kill Jodo. We need conflict for the plot line to continue, ending in a one on one battle between one Jedi and myself....which I will not kill the plot. Anyway, Jodo, your doing an amazing job. Check your PMs my friend, I implore you. I think we will wait a little for Thrackan to spring back to life. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perplexed at where this lone Jedi came from, and why he was pointing his strange blade at him, Coryan raised his hands half way and smiled chuckling, " I have no beef with you I'm not the one fighting if you would look around," he said, as he made the distraction of pointing towards Kytel battling Gilliad, Coryan pushed Jodo back feeling the Force rushh out his left arm while he grabbed his saber whirring it to life. He quickly sidestepped, preparing for a offensive move from Jodo.

The battle begins...

The hair raised on the nape of Jodo's neck as he felt the Force being used against him, shoving him back a few meters near the hedgeline of the trees. Mentally cursing himself for letting his guard down, Jodo immediately spins on his heels, digging into the moist soil with his boots, springing forward toward Coryan with a Force-assisted boost. Aiming only to disarm his opponent and not harm him, Jodo deftly manuvers the white blade of his lightsaber around Coryan's, twisting it in an attempt to wrestle it from his grip.

"RRAAAAAHHHAAAAARRRRR!!"

Without warning, the rancor that bore Jodo into the forray, who had been sitting motionless just inside the treeline, bursts from his shrouded hiding place in an explosion of uprooted undergrowth and broken treelimbs. Its jaws salivating in fury, the massive beast charges straight for Jodo and his assailant.

Quickly hitting the ground and rolling to his left, Jodo barely misses the raging rancor, leaving only Coryan in its hell-bent path...

Gilliad:

Enraged and frustrated, swings with all of his might, in an effort to decapitate his former master. His swing, so powerful, so fast, that Kytel barely avoids the blow.

Kytel:

Trying to duck Gilliad's mighty blow, is nearly unable to avoid it. The blow, in fact, was far too powerful for him to parry properly either. Arching his back away from the attack, and parrying off balance, the swing disarmed Kytel, knocking the blade from his hand. The bright red beam dissipates, and the cylinder falls lifeless to the ground. Helplessly, Kytel inches backwards.

Gilliad:

Having bested his old master, he knew it was his time to become a true master, in destroying Kytel. Gloating momentarily, his smile widens as he raises his blade to strike.

OOC: Do not interfere, this was supposed to happen. This was in my original plot.

Coryan only had moments to decide, either jump or attack. As the roaring Rancor bull ran at him, he clicked the blade and it hissed upward slicing its way threw the air slashing the head off the Rancor, the body of the massive animal fell over him craking his ribs in a painful furu.

"Arrgh!" Coryan cried in pain. He layed there hoping that the man with the white blade will not slay him.

Amid the screams of battle...

His eyes wide with adrenalin and horror, Jodo Baas watches as the head of the wild rancor sails off its shoulders and into a nearby tree, splintering the bark with a loud pop. Acting quickly, Jodo closes his eyes and concentrates, letting the sweet essence of the Force calm his fear and heighten his senses, focusing on the massive husk of the beheaded rancor pinning Coryan to the ground. A bead of sweat trickles down his cheek as the strain takes its hold, a sudden desperation filling Jodo's every facet.

He will not allow Coryan to die.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the huge body of the dead beast begins to rise, its lumbering arms danging lifelessly to the ground. Using the motion of his hands as a guide, Jodo uses his hold on the Force to shove the rancor's carcass aside, relieving the stress from Coryan's crushed ribs. As the beast falls safely back to the ground, so too does Jodo, tired and breathing heavily from the exerted energy. Ignoring Coryan's moaning, he turns his attention back to the two dueling men, his mind racing like a gundark with its tail on fire.

What in the name of the Force have I gotten myself into? he wonders, watching as the younger duelist prepares to destroy and old robed man...

As the giant weight was lifted off Coryan, he gasped for air while Jodo tossed the body off him. The pain seered through him, he looked across the field as he saw Kytel laying there, below the strange Jedi.

"Ahhh!" he yelled as he focused the force, for healing. He was helples lying there, he could only hope that he would not be killed.

Gilliad:

A flicker of red light, a noise only tipped him for a second. "Woosh.", the blade activated from behind him, twisting in mid air of it's own accord. Gilliad's now broken body, looking on in wonderment, as the two halves slowly slide apart. The last thing Gilliad would see, as his eyes moved apart on their respective halves, was the wicked grin on Kytel's face.

Kytel:

Such a shame. Had he of ever paid attention to his master, Gilliad might have actually bested him. A great feeling of satisfaction slowly came over him. He came to rescue his student, but this was a far better outcome. Now he was free to take on a new student, his apprentice lying lifeless before him, split from between his legs through his skull. Kytel's lightsaber jumped from the ground to his hand, anxious to return to it's master after a job well done. With that accomplished, Kytel turns to his fellow companion.

In the heat of battle...

Jodo watches as the lightsaber blazes through the thick jungle air of its own accord, taking the young Dark Jedi by complete surprise. A warning dies on Jodo's lips; indeed, time seems to slow to a complete crawl as the levitating blade cuts straight into Gilliad...

...a time long ago...

"NNOOO!!"

The sound was so primal, so animalistic that it surprised even Jodo as it tore from the depths of his fifteen-year-old throat. Laying on the ground, his mouth full of blood from a cut lip, Jodo watched as if everything were mired in thick mud.

His head pressed to the barrel of a DL-44 blaster pistol, Dahvid Baas looked up at his attacker, a bounty hunter who couldn't have been a handful of years older than Jodo himself. Averting his eyes from the hunter's sinister grin, Dahvid gave his son one last reasuring look before...

...time as it happens...

Snapping out of the nightmarish daydream, Jodo is barely on his feet as Gilliad falls to the ground in halves, his limbs still twitching as they hit the folliage on the forest floor. Working his mouth but producing no sound, all Jodo can do is grip his white-bladed lightsaber out of reflex, a chill running up and down his spine as the older man turns his attention on him.

"What... what are you?" Jodo finally manages to produce, his body physically shaking with fear and anger.

OOC: In case you haven't noticed, I've linked Jodo to my other character, Thain. I have some things planned of my own...

:D

OOC: I have a feeling this will end in a Shakespearean fashion. So tragic.....:D

Kytel:

Blade deactivated, yet still at the ready, Kytel slowly approaches. His mind sifts through the varied energies focused through the area, grasping the one he desired and examining it in depth, within the span of but an instant, a mere blink, he has fully analyzed his opponent. "I am the culmination of the energies you choose to battle.", he states defiantly. "I am the emotion you oppress. The rage you avoid. I...", a mild hesitation as he seems to be distracted,"....am soon to be your undoing.", with that said, his blade ignites.

Twirling, slashing, another Night Sister falls in battle. His last statement directed to her, and not to the man before him. His graceful attack, had severed her arm just above the elbow, cut down through her pelvis, and completed it's pass through her opposing leg just above her thigh. Her body falling in shock, stil in a state of disbelief, still reacting to the electrical impulses that her near lifeless brain was still sending.

He again faces Jodo, "Now where were we before I was so rudely interupted?", pausing for a mere second, "Ah yes." His blade comes to the ready. It's glorious red light reflecting off of his devious and pale face, which now was contorting into a grimace of iniquitous anticipation, combined with a mild amount of satisfaction from his previous kills of the day.

A swarm of heat-flies begin to buzz softly around Jodo's head, their consistant annoyance not detracting from his concentration one bit. Now fully erect, Jodo levels his lightsaber into the en guarde position, the brilliant white blade erasing any shadow from his anguished features. Prodding at his opponent's essence with the Force, Jodo quietly studies him for a moment as the twisted man's words sink in.

He had felt the surge of energy when Gilliad died; a great wave of hate and vehemance engulfed his senses for a single moment, but that single moment was enough. The feeling lingered like oil in pure spring water, festering on the boarders of Jodo's conscience, his mind in turmoil between wanting to somehow save this creature of the Dark Side and wanting to kill him.

Jodo had never felt anything remotely like this before.

Licking his lips - a nervous habit he had picked up among the Cray Claw clan - Jodo slowly circles the Dark Master, pushing the putrid feel of Gilliad's demise from his head with all of his concentration. Finally finding his inner peace, he speaks.

"You know I don't want this to end in somebody's death, and I can't see you would either," he slowly reasons, his eyes fixed firmly on Kytel's. Two dark, evil eyes. "Please, I'll lower my weapon if you do the same. All I ask is that you leave my planet in peace."

Jodo ignores the sounds of Coryan's painful moans behind him as he waits, preparing himself for anything.

Even, he tells himself, to die.

Kytel:

His mind violently sifting through the thoughts of his opponent, he could only make out two details. One, Jodo was sincere in his offer. Two, the death of Gilliad had had some negative effect on the psyche of his apparent foe. A humorous glimmer spikes the creative juices of the aging Dark Jedi.

"Agreed.", he says, backing away slowly. A small glimmer in his eye. His face contorts ever so slightly as he tries to hide his fiendish plan.

"Didn't like the way the force turned in on itself when he died?", he asked, already knowing the answer. "The ebb and flow of the energy reacts strongly to death,", he chuckles softly, " especially when that death is a fellow Jedi."

A few meters from the forest, and he struck. The corpse of Gilliad flying through the air. An red mist appeared between the quickly approaching halves. Smothering his foe in the blood of the deceased. "Now, not only can you feel it, you can taste it.", his smug regard to the gross defilement was unnerving to say the least. Such a grotesque act, even for a Dark Jedi.

As the red mist clears, Kytel has vanished, along with Coryan. They had now, only one task left. Something Kytel had recently discovered, something he knew how to resolve.

In the forest

"Are you going to make it young student?", he asked Coryan after having mistakenly dropped him while levitating his body out of the area. He had not intended it as it had happened, but he would not admit err on his part. He was growing weaker. His aparrent victory over Gilliad had nothing to do with his strength in the force. He was feeling weaker every day now, yet he had hidden it from his apprentice. His success was sheer intelligence, he saw an opportunity and used it. Any sentient being could have done that, he had not impressed himself. He almost lost his life today, but he would never admit it.

Alone, so terribly alone...

Blood is thicker than water, they say.

Shaking violenlty, his head held in his hands as his knees sink to the rich mossy ground, Jodo Baas wonders just who "they" would be. Covered in the blood of a Dark Jedi, his long brown hair matted to his neck with sweat and gore, Jodo sits where he had been, suddenly alone. His mind running at lightspeed, no single thought has time to conclude before the next, the taint evil permeating Jodo's body both mentally and physically.

What have I done? he asks himself, pulling his head up and looking to the jungle canope for an answer that wasn't there. Blood runs from his chin in rivulets of crimson, splattering on his cupped hands.

Blood that wasn't his.

Blood that belonged to nobody, now.

His body still in shock at Kytel's nightmarish display of power, Jodo dejectedly turns his gaze toward his hands, soundless sobs wracking his chest as tears mix with the acursed blood. In the span of a heartbeat, however, the sobs quiet. His entire body freezes, his frantic and injured psyce jarring to a complete hault. Blinking the blood from his eyes, Jodo stares at his palms, at both of his arms.

They were pale. Very pale.

Slowly staggering to his feet, Jodo manages to clip his lightsaber to his belt. His legs move as if weighed down with cement, refusing to cooperate properly. With a great effort he finally rushes back into the murky half-darkness of the shrouded jungle, the feel of the Dark Jedi's blood on his body seeping into his consciousness like a sponge, making his stomach roil. Stopping a few paces in, the insides of Jodo's stomach spill unhindered into the rough foliage, but the feeling remains.

I can't go back to the clan now, he realizes, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. Stumbling onward, unable to perform any of the Jedi calming techniqes he had learned, a dark thought takes hold of Jodo.

I don't belong anywhere, now.

And with that, he begins a walk that will change his life forever, both physically and otherwise.

Kytel:

His body falls into the chair, nearly incapable of motion, he looks out the viewport while Coryan readies the ship to travel. He had little to say, his body nearly broken from the ordeal, "Back to my homeworld." He knew that the young fledgeling in the force would not question his order. He felt so weak, his face even, had nearly gained twice as many wrinkles as before. He began contemplating what was happenning to him. So as any true follower of the force would, he consulted the ebb and flow of the energy surrounding him.

The vessel made it's way quickly into the atmosphere and out of it even faster. Within a few brief minutes, the nav computer was beeping that the coordinates were set and they were ready to depart. Coryan activated the hyperdrive, and off they went. A blur of flashing lights appeared before them, and then sped by. They were on their way.

His eyes openned widely, now he understood. In his wisdom and age, he did not get excited as he stood from the chair. "I must ask you one favor young apprentice.", pausing for a response, yet not waiting to receive one, "If I should not make it home, please leave my corpse out for the animals to feed." A very strange statement, from a very strange man. "Also, if that should happen, you will find my teachings saved on holochips in my practice room. You should find it easily enough." With that said, Kytel dragged himself forward, making his way to the rear of the vessel. His cryptic words most likely had unnerved or even confused his student, but he needed to say these things......in passing.

OOC:

I had more, but I figured I'd give you guys some final posts before I kill the thread with plot. ;)

Coryan slowly steered the vessel out of the atmosphere of the jungle planet. He still had a slight pain from being crushed, dropped, and thrown, but other than that he was fine.

Kytel rested in a seat behind him. Glancing up at Coryan he mouthed in his raspy voice,"If I should not make it home, please leave my corpse out for the animals to feed. Also, if that should happen, you will find my teachings saved on holochips in my practice room. You should find it easily enough."

The words encircled Coryan, his eyes twitched. " I will do as you say," he said in a somber mood. He looked back but Kytlel had already moved to the back. Strange.... Coryan thought.

The ship entered hyperspace and zoomed towards Kytels dark, stormy planet, while Coryan pondered what Kytel had said.

Kytel:

"Forty Years", the words rung through Kytel's mind slowly, his aging frame melding with the cushions of the sofa. He could sense the light from the world, the flickering power of the storma below. As the vessel approaches the surface, descending throught the atmosphere, the lightning slows, as does Kytel's heart. Small flickers of light, every two....now four seconds.....and then the lightning ceased.

The hatch to the vessel opened, accepting in the atmosphere with a loud gasp...a gasp that masked Kytel's last breath. In his stubborn and pig-headed manner, he had somehow assumed that he filled the planet with his power in the dark side. Unfortunately, his ego driven dillusion was incorrect. The planet had in fact infused him with it's power. Although he was one of the most powerful Dark Jedi, he would have died nearly twenty years ago on his own power. Yes, Gilliad's words were true. Kytel knew that when he heard them. It explained everything. Why his workers never came back, why he was alone so long, why he felt so strong in the force. The planet had sustained him, buton leaving, he had rejected it's gift and upon returning, it rejected him.

The quickly cooling corpse of Kytel quickly loses all color, becoming a sickly, unhuman white. His face contorted as if his passing were agonizing, and wrinkled twice as much as it had been just a few hours prior. His death would not be mourned, he knew this. That is why he requested his sacrifice to the animals, a peace offering to the planet. A gift of his energy to that which had prolonged his existence. He owed it at least that much.

Archived