Home

Enter the Dark One.

Deft Aklin

(In order to perpetuate this.....I will continue)

Kytel:

Kytel and his companion casually stroll through the streets of Mos Eisley. Reveling in the suffering that surrounded him, Kytel couldn't help but smile. Even he, with all his power in the force, could not create such negativity. As they near the cantina, a small chill travels up his spine. A warning. Something was coming nearer, but what could it be? He closes his eyes for a brief second, oblivious to the world for but an instant. His eyes re-open far wider than when he had closed them, only one word was gently whispered out, "Jedi." They always came in pairs though, why did he only sense one? Did the council feel that he was that feeble? He would have to thank them for underestimating him, perhaps while returning their young Jedi's head. Regardless of what he had seen, Kytel steps into the bar. Now surrounded by such seedy individuals, it would be far harder for a weaker Jedi to detect his presence. The noise and aroma nearly overwhelm him as he approaches the bar. He had grown accustommed to the silence and separation he had experienced on the moon for so long.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoKen entered the cantina and neared the Dark Jedis' table. He had found the Dark Jedis' ship and had placed a tracking device on it, and then went after the tw Dark Jedi themselves. He knew that he could not conceal himself from them, so he decided to try a more unorthadox approach. He disguised himself as one of the customers of the cantina and tried to blend in. When he neared the table, he pulled two blasters from his belt and fired them at the Dark Jedi.

Immediately Coryan sensed the Blasters and the hostlility. Foolish hunter he thought. Coryan not wanting to make a scene force pulled the mans blasters away and gripped his neck and quickly sat the man down in the booth they were sitting at.

Looking back at Kytel then back at the man he had at his mercy.

"Why are you here?" Coryan asked the man as he tightened his grip. the other patrons of the bar went about there business used to this sort of thing.

JoKen: You don't think I'm that stupid do you? *Using the force, Joken forces the man to release his grip* Now, I suggest if you want to keep this from becoming a publicity stunt, we should leave this cantina and go to a more appropriate place.

Kytel:

Slowly the dark master rises from his seat, a gentle, forced hush seemingly come sover the room. "I do not think you wish to die this day young Jedi", a slight motion of his hand guides the force through his words. He could feel the power of the force swell inside of him, and then release with the very breath carrying his words to their destination. He knew this would not hold him off for long, but should at least give them a head start. "You should wait here for awhile, best not test fate.", his words nestle their way into the mind of the Jedi. Such tricks never worked for long, but at least now he knew his adversary.

JoKen didn't let the threatening words sink in. He was much more powerful then he appeared to be. He had sensed the force grow powerful in the older Dark Jedi. Yet he knew he was even more powerful than him. "No," he thought to himself. "You do not want to face death." When took his midichlorine count, he had even more that the imfamous Luke Skywalker. He could almost completely bond with the force, as if it were a part of him. Not even Ysalmari, the force replelling creatures, could totally dsconnect him from the force. He knew that the two Dark Jedi were in over their heads this time.

OOC: Your just killing the story now man. It's not a power trip here, it's plot building. Avoiding a conflict to build anticipation. RP not PvP man. On top of that, be realistic here, if your character had a higher midichlorian count than Luke, then HE would have been the one Obi and Yoda would have sought.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: So are we going to continue this, or has my scene been officially slaughtered? As I said when you first joined Joken, I have a preconceived ending for this story, which does not involve you being the all powerful super being you have portrayed. I mean no disrespect, but if you are supposedly that powerful, then you have killed the entire story and I will end it here. If you didn't notice, I intended your introduction to be just that, with the avoidance of conflict. I anticipate several battles that you will be involved with, but the plot suffers if I don't at least have a small edge on you. I assumed that you and Thrackan were of equal power and that I was an aging.....dying (foreshadowing for you) master of the Dark Side. Let me know if you still wish to continue.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: I'm going to start if for you guys. From now on, the 2 younger jedis are of equal power, and kytel is the most powerful.

Here goes:

As the 3 Jedis sat at the booth trying to estimate their powers, (some way over-estimating their own) a bounty hunter who happened to be nearby recieved a small message aboard his ship. A suspicious person was believed to be in a cantina nearby. An experienced bounty hunter would almost instantly conclude that all "suspicious people" were of some danger to the people around them...but this was no ordinary bountry hunter...

He headed over to the cantina and saw an old cloaked man. He instantly recognized him as the "suspicous person". He sprinted toward the cantina and smashed through the window yelling "You're coming with me!" But suddenly, he felt his feet slip out from under him, but some unknown FORCE, and he flipped sideways and crashed against the ground knocking over a few tables and stools, and smacking his head against the bar. As the people gathered to see what all the comotion was about, the bounty hunter could see 2 figures slip away...

The bounty hunter got up, and began to stumble away, when the bartender walked over to him. Enraged, the bartender grabbed him and threw him through another window, yelled "Get the **** out of my bar you scum!" A few laughed, and the bounty hunter was lying on the ground rather embarassed. Cut and bruised, he headed back to his ship, where a message was waiting for him.

You've violated Galactic Code, and are being sent to the Eth Kosley Penal Coloney. Several guards jumped him, and off he went, for that was the end of him.

OOC: Hey guys, I like this one. ;P Look at you all trying to save my RP and $H|7. I will edit a few of my previous posts to try and clean it up a bit I guess. If you put effort toward the RP, then so must I. I'll edit this post in a couple of minutes to add my RP to it, as soon as I'm done clearing up the aforementioned posts.

Kytel:

Using the distraction as an advantageous escape route and utilizing the short time he had bought the pair with his mind trick, Kytel looked to Coryan. "I think we have overstayed our welcome here.", rising whilst the words hover in the air, lingering as does dust on a gentle breeze. Slowly, as an old man would be expected to travel, he made his way back to the vessel. Turning to make sure Coryan was following, he said few words, in fact, only three, "Now, to Dathomir." He had business with the witches there, an old promise he needed to keep.

Slowly Coryan walked after the old jedi. They were headed to Dathomir, great witches he thought thats all he needed ,to see them again. He had trouble with them in the past, something about land and sacred, whatever but he knew he wouldnt be welcomed there. Oh well, Kytel will know what to do.

OOC: I'm back sorry I cant kepp up with the Mad Zabrak its gone off way to fast.

OOC: Well, I just checked, and JoKen's last post on all of LucasForums was on this RP about three weeks ago. We'll just assume he loses track of us, unless he comes back. It would be nice to have some opposing forces, just keep in mind, I am already running a tragedy here, so don't power monger....you are already going to win. ;P

As a side note, remember that what I have enterred in the quotes is OOC information for plot building only.

Kytel:

The twin suns of Tattooine slowly lower in the sky as Kytel and Coryan approach the ship. Kytel seems to be moving a bit slower than usual, a hard task indeed. It almost appeared as if their ventures had worn on him, somehow aged him. Entering the vessel, and taking a seat at the console, he released a sigh of relief. It had been quite some time since he had been this active, and the actions he had taken were definetely taxing his frail body. His mind drifts off momentarily.......

"Master.", the young apprentice looked to be rather distraught, "I think I saw a few witches outside."

Kytel looked out the viewport, "Yes, prepare yourself, we have company."

"I've heard the witches don't like men sire.", the worry in his voice only showing the students weakness in the force.

"Don't fret, for we will be accepted with open arms.", Kytel's smirk gave hint to a plan within a plan which he had already conceived.

"Yes master.", the apprentice had learned much from Kytel, but had also learned much about him. His master always had a plan, some scheme to protect himself and abuse someone else.

Together they exitted the vessel and approached the witches lurking in the brush.

With no warning, three witches simultaneously fly through the air, attacking the duo. With one hand, and a calm motion, Kytel sends two of them instantly to the ground. The twenty foot drop stunning them. Gilliad, his apprentice, attempts to swing his light saber at the third. The orange blade flies from his hand, useless, fractured by a seemingly invisible attacker. The fourth of the witches, had stealthily attacked and disarmed him. The broken cylinder sparks a few times, harmlessly, before falling to the ground. Before Gilliad could react, he found himself pinned, helplessly to the ground beside his broken weapon. Kytel approaches the fourth witch.

"There is no need for this conflict, ", Kytel's smirk widens, "I have a proposition, for we share a common enemy."

Gilliad fades out, losing consciousness watching as Kytel begins his evil scheme.

A smile came to Kytel's face, now was the time to fulfill his only debt. He gracefully sank into the chair, a glimmer of light seemed to shine from his eyes.

OOC:

I will be gone until Friday, but please feel free to post your next actions. I implore you not to get too far ahead as I have a stopry line working here. .....and the plot thickens. Thanks guys. See you all Monday.

Conman, I hope you stay around, I've taken quite a shining to you. ;)

I have decided to introduce a new character here...I don't know how long he will last but, it should make for a better plot.

Remus:

Remus sat at the local cantina on the planet of Dathomir. Most thought of him as an outlander, a rogue, perhaps. He kept to himself and had fewer friends than a pit droid. Remus was rich, extremely rich.

He was an extremely skillful bounty hunter, who's only motives were to collect bounties, and to take life one day at a time.

While in the cantina, he took out a small PDA, and began checking for local bounties. There was always plenty of action on Dathomir, but most of it was just easy stuff with little pay. He decided to bypass a few clearance checks, and some security, and uploaded some confidential bounty files. None of them were of any importance, except for one which noted that there had been a traveling Jedi, named Coryan, with an unidentified companion. Coryan had some previous records with an incident with another Jedi, although nothing could be proven. He was seen traveling to Dathomir, but his whereabouts couldn't be for sure.

He left the cantina immediately. He went to the nearest space port, and checked the latest landing records. He saw that a ship had landed recently, and obtained some information about two suspicious characters, that had just landed. Unfortuantely, he missed them by about an hour. He decided to continue looking...

Using standard BH technology, he was able to trace the two characters out of the spaceport limits. Why they were in such an area he did not know...

Stealth fully moving along, he finally caught eye of them. He knew they weren't ordianry people...

"Jedi..." He thought.

He quickly pulled out his carbine long range rifle and took a prone position. He attached the scope and steadied his aim. He saw two. He aimed at the younger one in hopes that he would be caught off guard and....pulled the trigger.

Note: I have no intention of actually killing either of the two Jedi, I just thought i might give the plot some more flavor. This character is expendible, and is meant to be caught, maimed, killed, ect...

Sorry about the earlier post. I was in a rush, and had to read quickly, and wanted to post my idea. I didn't see the part where his mind had drifted. Better take it slow from now on... :D

OOC: Uh-oh, I knew this would happen. I seem to have confused you with the flashback. Sorry. You might want to re-read my post and change yours. Perhaps have a bounty on Coryan's head with a warning of a possibly dangerous companion? Just a thought, it's your character.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC- When I started reading this thread, I was considering starting a character in seclusion on Dathomir... and as luck would have it, it headed toward Dathomir anyway. :D

Dathomir...

The lush tropical atmosphere had always interested Jodo Baas, ever since the first time his father brought him to this planet as a boy on one of his "freelance shipping" jobs. Not much came in or out of Dathomir; Jodo was probably one of the few people in the galaxy who knew it still existed, which is why it made an ideal location for silence.

And concentration.

Sitting cross-legged on a mossy rock overhanging a clear, babbling brook, Jodo Baas stared straight ahead without truly seeing anything, his vision and concentration held by some ethereal presence. Surrounding him, floating in the humid air like swamp-bees circling their prey, a collection of small rocks and twigs swirl gently, revolving around Jodo's body like a mock star constellation.

Let it flow, like a brook... he thinks to himself, the power of the Force ebbing through every facet of his being, suspending the tiny jungle foliage surrounding him. Since he was a child he had known the great strength within him, but his father never understood. His father never would understand either... the Empire had made sure he would never deliver another "freelance shipment" ever again. Pushing the deep-seated memories from his focus, Jodo continues to manipulate the rocks and branches, letting the soothing sound of the rushing water connect with his grasp on the Force, natural and fulfilling...

EVIL.... IT COMES....

Gasping, Jodo instantly loses his concentration as the thought shatters his hold on the Force, sending the small rocks spiraling in every direction. Suddenly sweating, he looks through the dense jungle canopy to the sliver of clouded sky, a feeling of death refusing to leave his consiousness.

What in the Force...? he thinks as he gathers his lightsaber and raincloak, diappearing into the thick underbrush.

OOC: Okay, Thrackan and conman haven't RPed their characters in awhile. I'll message them, but until then, I have a character to introduce anyway, so I'll extrapolate a bit. The hunter will die though. It's necessary, especially since we have a good Jedi to toy with now. Welcome to the RP Jodo.

Coryan:

The shot pierced Coryan's flesh. Neither he nor Kytel had noticed the intruder. The sudden shock, sends Coryan to the ground in agony. He was not prepared enough to focus his energies. Slowly his consciousness begins to fade.

Remus:

Kytel, in one swift motion, vanishes into the shrubbery. Such grace and speed normally not seen on a man so old, the hunter was nearly dazed by the sight. He blinked for only a millisecond and the old man was gone. He began scanning for him down the barrel of his blaster carbine.

Kytel:

Improving his stealth with the power of the force, it was easy to meld into his surroundings. Gathering his senses, he regains his normal breathing before beginning to track down the hunter.

A sudden flash of light and a loud hum breaks the silence. Kytel watches as the hunter's head rolls down the hill, coming to a rest near his feet. The grimace of agony staring back at him, he releases a tiny chuckle. He knew who had done this. He knew that the adventure had reached it's summit.

"Gilliad,", Kytel chuckles, "I had not expected to find you so soon." Slowly he steps into the open, reaching out with his senses to anticipate an ambush.

Gilliad:

Casually, gracefully descends the hill. The body of Remus still pulsating lifelessly behind him. The nerves in his shattered remains carrying signals to his muscles that they unquestioningly carried out. The mans aged and darkened flesh is adorned by a minimal of clothing under his wood brown robe. Nature had tanned his flesh. Time had strengthened him and wrinkled his him. "That is because you did not find me...", a cold, calculated hesitation, "...I found you.", he said.

Kytel:

Still sensing his surroundings through the force. "You have grown strong young apprentice. The witches have taught you well.", the elder master said with anticipation of far more. "I can barely sense your presence in the force, that normally comes with far more skill.", the Dark Jedi master poked at his old apprentice.

Gazing upon him for the first time, Kytel's eyes grow large. "The years have not been kind.", making reference to the wrinkles upon Gilliad's face.

Gilliad:

"I have grown far more powerful than even you, Kytel.", a noted absence of the term master, strikes a chord in Kytel. "That comes easily over fourty years.", the words cut through the air, as does Gilliad. A thrity foot jump and a sweeping attack with his deep orange light saber.

Kytel:

Shocked at the words of the man, Kytel nearly is split through the crown of his head. With a smooth side step and a flick of the wrist, he was equally as armed, his red blade swinging twice in an instant. "You have lost track of time old friend...", Kytel said with contempt, "It has only been a decade."

Coryan:

Nearly unable to move, Coryan watches on, unable to assist. He began to focus on healing himself. The wound would need to be repaired if he were to be of any assistance.

Somewhere in the wilds of Dathomir...

"Kitchi ryn gofin, Jodo," the haggard old woman says, forcefuly jerking a wrinkled finger in the young Jedi's face. Ignoring the bustle of activity around the small village behind him, Jodo Baas quietly tries to soothe the woman's temper.

"Fre'lin kil netro preen, borka les tikina," he gently responds, which softens the old woman's bunched features. They can feel the presence too, and they think it's my fault! he thinks to himself, ushering the Elder of the Cray Claw clan back to her tent, ignoring a few stray stares from others stopping in their chores to notice him. After assuring the Elder woman of her safety once more, Jodo sighs as he scans the surroundings of the small jungle village, watching a mounted scout steer her saddled rancor through the dense underbrush.

Somebody knew he was here on Dathomir. Either that, or something incredibly evil had taken an intrest in the backwater planet, which was equally as dangerous. For five years Jodo had lived with the women of the Cray Claw clan, using his "magic" to keep them safe from the wilds of the jungle and Imperial occupation. Whatever this dark presence is, however, is something else entirely. But I'll be damned if I let them hurt my people, he affirms to himself, frowning as the mounted rancor disappears from sight through the trees.

Gathering his dusty brown raincloak around his body and flipping the hood over his full head of long brown hair, Jodo Baas takes off at a jog in the general direction of the rancor scout, his mind fearing the worst. After all this time, it had finally happened.

The Dark Side had found its way to Dathomir.

OOC: Oh man forgot all about this one, my fav.:)

IC:

Coryan quickly focused the force on his wound feeling it heal.

"Ahh," he sighed with relief. Looking on at Kytel he was about to jump but thought better. Slowly he worked his way across the brush to get behind Gilliad.

He jumped out swinging his red blades in a whir of light. But the other jedi sensed this and quickly parried the attack forcing Coryan back, but Coryan quickly regained his footing and stood his ground. THis will be harder than I thought he grimaced.

Kytel:

His blade was easily parried by Gilliad, he had grown far stronger than Kytel would have anticipated. The witches had done well with him. His blade hummed as it sliced through the air, moving faster than most Jedi could ever imagine. The sinister expression on his face, giving a physical view into his dark and evil soul. Their blades clashed together as many as a dozen times in the first few seconds of their conflict. *crash* *hiss* *crackle*

Gilliad:

"I am amazed that you still have so much strength. I thought age would have consumed you by now.", he said whilst parrying a few more of Kytel's blows. He spun as a whirlwind in the desert, sending a few unfocused attacks at Coryan, just to keep him off balance. "What, can't defeat me alone.", he taunted Kytel.

Kytel:

Losing focus for a second, Kytel only partially parried the last swing, singeing a small portion of his lower robe. Taking a step back, he signals to Coryan to leave this to him. "I could defeat you without my apprentice, and without my lightsaber.", the words came in unison with an unnoticed attack. The head of the unfortunate hunter slams into the back of Gilliad's own. The loud thud echoing in the empty, lush forest.

OOC: This is probably a good time for our friend Jodo to arrive. Coryan on Jodo. Kytel on Gilliad. Combat ceases in two more posts.

OOC- Thracken, your character and mine haven't even met yet. You're fighting someone else, not me. :D

Besides, I didn't want to get into a physical confronation yet. Not my style, and certainly not the Jedi way. Jodo will be watching the fighting from nearby, and is going to confront you when it is over.

And considering I'm the only "good guy" in this RP, I seriously doubt killing me would be a good idea. Like you could anyway... :rolleyes:

Deep in the jungles of Dathomir...

Like oil spreading across a clear lake, Jodo Baas can feel the presence of evil lurking over the horrizon, calling to the inner reaches of his brain with seductive whispers of power and hatred. He had dealt with these kinds of things before; the mysterious Nightsister clan had been a constant presence on Dathomir for years, but their essence was more organic, more in tune with the planet itself.

This dark Force was different, and far more powerful.

Hefting his dark brown raincloak over his shoulders, Jodo deftly weaves between the thick fallen branches and bushes of the jungle floor, reaching out with his mind toward the oily feeling that seems just over the next rise, ready to spring at him at any moment. The temperate air would have forced any normal man to stop long ago and rest, but the constant cross-country pace Jodo was traveling didn't even seem to phase him, as not a drop of sweat permeated his brow. The patchy grass parts as he passes as if brushed aside by unseen hands, clearing his way through the darkness under the treetop canopy.

All right Jodo, what are you going to do? he asks himself, ducking under a fallen tree trunk almost four times thicker than his body. You don't even know what this is, let alone how to defeat it. Shoving the negative thought from his mind, Jodo rumages on, heedless of anything other than the unseen enemy's presence. Pushing an opening through a pair of dark brown bushes, he stumbles into a small clearing under the canopy...

... to find a lone rancor, its body doubled over a small brook, lapping at the water with its massive drooling jaws.

Jerking to a complete stop, the sound of rumaging bushes tears the rancor's attention away from its drink, resting two glassy black pupils on Jodo. For a moment it pauses, looking at the Jedi as if confused, a few specks of moss dangling from its jagged teeth. Then, without hesitation, the rancor rears its head back and emits a throaty roar that sends a flock of birds fleeing from the canopy above.

Closing his eyes, Jodo Baas allows the sweet essence of the Force to enter him, calming the sense of fear that the creature's ferocious rumble initially gave him. Extending one hand toward the rancor's head, Jodo speaks soothingly, touching the beast's small mind with his own.

"I mean you no harm," he coos, extending his mind through the Force toward the towering creature, "I only wish to pass, not to disturb." For a moment the rancor continues to roar, but stops as if its vocal chords had been flipped off, lowering its ridgid head at Jodo's much smaller form with those unblinking black eyes. Cocking its head to one side, as if pondering some unasked question, the rancor stares.

And then lowers to its haunches.

Smiling, Jodo flips his hood back to allow his long brown hair to move in freedom, slowly walking alongside the rasping beast. Gently caressing the leathery skin along its rib cage, Jodo reaffirms his hold over it with the Force, swinging one leg over the rancor's hind quarters and climbing upon its back. Setting himself between the creature's shoulder blades, Jodo holds on to the ridged portion of the back of its skull as the rancor rises, hoisting the young Jedi up with it. Patting the beast reassuringly on the back, Jodo frowns as he looks into the distance.

"Let's go see who knocks on our door, friend," he says quietly, commanding the rancor to move on through the forest. Lumbing away, the creature obeys.

Jodo had unwittingly stumbled upon even more than he knew. The beast of burden he had taken control of belonged to a pair of sleepers stealthily making their way to the combat that still ensued.

Through the air, flew two Nightsisters. nearly 30 feet in the air, they swooped in to attack the duo of Dark Jedi.

Kytel:

Without a moments hesitation, Kytel manipulated the force to his bidding. A large fallen log made it's way into the abdomen of one of the Nightsisters, pinning her to the ground in the process. Her body broken, but her mind still fighting, she franticly struggled with the wooden object to no avail.

Kytel was unable to assist with the second, as he returned his attention to the immediate threat, Gilliad. Now the second sister had a clear attack route to Coryan.

His breathing slightly quickened, "Impressive, it is nice to see you remember my teachings.", he said, while twisting into a new attack. Three quick slashes from his blade unbalancing Gilliad.

Gilliad:

Slightly outclassed by his elder foe and teacher, Gilliad becomes desperate, the Dark Side growing ever stronger deep within his bowels. He slices at Kytel's ankles, then his head, a quick combination in a pitiful attempt to set him up. His attempt failed horribly, his opponent simply touching his blade to the mans left shoulder, nearly avoiding his block entirely. Thankfully, he was able to stop it from completely passing through his body, only slightly burning his flesh.

Kytel:

"Perhaps you do not yet perceive how much I have taught you....", Kytel hesitated while performing a move far more complex than Gilliad could ever imagine...........

The forest overlooking a clearing on Dathomir...

"I have a bad feeling about this."

Perched atop the rancor's backside, Jodo Baas finally reaches the source of the evil presence that has been tugging at his mind like harpstrings. Through the cover of the jungle, he can see into a small clearing where three men with lightsabers do battle; off to one side, a dying Nightsister tries vainly to remove a large log from her midsection, roaring in agony as it crushes her innards. Brushing back a strand of brown hair from his eyes, Jodo only gapes at the scene of chaos spread before him, his hand instinctively twitching toward his lightsaber hidden underneath his brown cloak.

The Force help me, he thinks to himself, preparing to leap off the rancor and into...

"Miya st'el ochkin!" a Nightsister screams, appearing from somewhere in the treetop canopy, knocking Jodo off balance from his percarious perch. Trying desperately to regain himself, Jodo tumbles from the lumbering beast's back and hits the ground at a roll, instantly grabbing his organic-looking lightsaber and thumbing it on in one smooth motion. A brilliant white blade springs into exsitance, swinging in a broad arc between himself and the crazed Nightsister.

Unable to stop herself, the haggard Nightsister takes the brunt of the lightsaber's swing, clutching her midsection as a searing pain tears into her flesh, coderizing it instantly. Now in full view of the clearing, Jodo slowly turns around to face the closest adversary, a young man with a slight reddish-brown tint to his hair. Concentrating, Jodo allows the Force into his being, guiding his movements with the Jedi blade, taking a defensive stance in front of Coryan.

"I don't want this," Jodo says to him, trying to be diplomatic, "This doesn't need to end in bloodshed. Please, put your weapon away and we can talk this out like rational, sentient beings."

Readying himself for anything, Jodo waits for Coryan's move.

Archived