Home

Monthly fee

HunterFett1

Its not aim yourself? It does all the work for you? Then Galaxies is more shallow then Planetside. At least planetside has complex tactics. Galaxies is "Hit the attack button". I'd still play if I honestly belived combat was not very imporant, but since half of the classes are combat focused, it must be- I mean they don't even have a senate so what will a politician do all day?

And while you don't aim in KOTOR, you have multiple party members, and different kinds of strategies. I played DAOC and it was "Hit attack button. Maybe hit spin attack button sometimes." BORING. If I wanted to click and kill things I'd play Diablo 2 online.

Yes, hopefully they will- I'm not saying its bound to fail. Simply it would have more depth if it had aiming AND special abilities. If everyone in the Star Wars Universe could just auto lock on to opponents with their blasters...well....thats not how things work. But it still could be good- I was just saying I played DAOC, it had a similar combat system where it locked on with lots of special abilities, and it was boring as hell- the special abilities wern't THAT important- a poison spell, a damage spell, a spin attack, just a buncha ways to kill an opponent that doesn't really matter because it usually came down to who was a higher level anyway.

I'm also concerned about the non combat system. I wanna be a politician, for instance. So what do I do? I mean in the time frame of SWG, the senate has been disbanded and the empire essentially runs everything. So sure, I suppose a town ruler can raise or lower taxes or something, but thats not something you do every day- so do they sit around and twiddle their thumbs? They better have a lot of non combat quests- dungeon hacks are, by nature, repetitive, and will get old fast, and a MMORPG is not a game you play for 3 months, it should have a multi year shelf life.

Archived