Home

Monthly fee

HunterFett1

Hey Hunter......I'm happy to see that you are back. ;)

No, there will not be a monthly fee for the xbox version. All you will have to pay is your monthly xbox fee.

Me, I've been busy, job interview and traveling.....anyways. :)

Who's going to buy it? Well let's see...

You have the EverQuest fans looking for something different, new, and exciting...

You have the casual Star Wars fans looking for a good social experience...

You have the little attention cravers who have wanted to become Jedi Knights since age 6...

You have those who really disliked the gameplay in KOTR (for whatever reason) and want something to revive their SW RPG thirst...

You have those who look at any online game and must have it...

You have those who are really interested in ambitious projects and buy games off of the inspiration they generate...

You have those looking for a good Star Wars chat room (and use the game for it)...

Shall I go on?

As far as the most ambitious project ever, no, probably not (It's design roots can easily be traced back to EQ). I would have to give that to Fable. But hey it's Star Wars, people will buy it, and love it.

No i dont think i will have time for Galaxies unless i buy it for the summer for whenever it comes out...plus thats really stupid for paying monthly fees just to play a game for a sever. Just a waste of money and ill be into Kotor more...but the only mmorpg im thinkin about buying is shadowbane, that is what i call an mmorpg even though galaxies have better graphics.

You don't pay just for the servers...

In fact, there's so much more to running a MMORPG than most people think...

For who will buy it?

Over 100.000 people registered at the Official Site speaks a clear language...

And Shadowbane, I don't think it has much to compete with Galaxies...

Galaxies is so ambitious its bound to fail in some aspect.

I remember DAOC got great reviews. I played it. It sucked horribly. The combat system was: walk around, click on button, it automaticlly fights for you, repeat. LAME.

If they are shooting for the Everquest crowd then the project is already screwed. I'd like to play it if it works out, though unless SWG has a super great combat or political system I'd rather play Planetside.

Originally posted by Com Raven

I think you fail to see what it is about...

Galaxies is not about combat...

Planetside is shallow...

No economy or stuff...

First off, how do you know Planetside is shallow? Are you a beta tester? No? Then you don't know. Considering the vast array of vehicle, armor, weapontry, bases, and tactics, I would hardly call it shallow. And yes, it has an economy.

And as for Galaxies not being about combat, its not as combat focused as other MMORPGs, yes, and I plan on being a non combat person if I played, but combat is still an important aspect, and the main way to level up. If the combat system is sucky, its more work then play, and I don't wanna pay a monthly fee for it. Hopefully you actualy have to aim and such, lock on combat systems suck.

Archived