Home

Update

michael_collins

It looked weird when I saw it. Probably the Bryar in hand. It looked huge! (When can we expect it to have its sword and shield? Near the end of the mod, right?). But I remember Monkey Mania posting a bunch of pics of the DTs from the original, so here is what the new one looks like compared to the original. (pretty good IMO).

Original DF Dark Trooper: Phase I

DF JO Mod Dark Trooper: Phase I

Having a chance to actually play around with DT Phase I inside the MP engine, I can say that it's an awesome model. I had seen screenshots and thought "hey that looks pretty cool," but it wasn't until I actually saw it up close, in motion, and played around with it ingame that I was REALLY impressed with this model. It's really awesome!

Way to go, Corto!!!

:D

OK now, first thread about my last creation, even when subtle changes could be made to the mesh, all those things you are talking about are already there.

As the mather of fact it has a nice blade and a huge shield, you just cannot see very well from that angle, I shall take a few sreens of how it's seen on SP with 8.3 feets tall using a melee attack.

About the modelling process, I used those original Darktrooper Phase1 screens posted as reference all the way, the mesh imitates those sprites as much as you can see, but once again, the orginal was an undetailed, 2d sprite, not much to compare so.

The skin is not finished yet, and I'm going to make some more changes on the model itself.

Originally posted by michael_collins

How would u go about making it more malicious, evil, etc, the original still makes me run while searching frantically for a better weaon....this one looks the part, but can u make it BE the part?

I started a thread about this a loooooong time ago. Darktrooper Behaviors and Deaths, I think I called it...

They will be able to tell late in the mod, one of the last things they'll do. Same with coding that beloved boss of level 11... You know who I mean.

Archived