Home

Completly New Profession Layout!

Jan Gaarni

Ok, so ... the Star Wars Galaxies team has recently updated their Feature Page, and it seems they have rearranged and renamed alot of the professions. They've gone so far to delete some for now, but have added more so it is now 35 instaed of 28 professions.

They are now as follows:

Starting Proffesions:

Artisan

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Medic

Scout

Elite and Hybrid Professions:

Architect

Armorsmith

BHunter

Carabineer

Chef

Combat Medic

Commando

Creature Handler

Dancer

Doctor

Droid Engineer

Farmer

Fencer

Image Designer

Industrialist

Jedi

Merchant

Miner

Musician

Pikeman

Pistoleer

Ranger

Rifleman

Smuggler

Squad Leader

Swordsman

Tailor

Teras Kasi Artist

Weaponsmith

but...but...but there's NO POLITICIAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What am i going to do..............:(:mad: :mad: :mad::(

Hmm.. seems Commando has become more of a "heavy weapons profession". Might have to see into another profession to complement...

*starts to think of herself carrying a big, BIG, machinegun*

Hm. Perhaps I should not be too hasty about that! :D

Oh, and by the way, is it just me or does it seem to be an awful lot of close combat professions (swordsman, fencer, pikeman, brawler, teras kasi)? Seems a bit odd in my view of the Star Wars galaxy, but hey, I guess everything goes...

Oh, and rangers doesn't seem to be a very combatant profession anymore. Lots of changes...

In Delta force, a good sniper is alone, covert and moves constantly after he has fired some rounds. He also only fires when he's sure he can hit his target.

Most of this wont be possible in this game because; covertness is hampered by blaster bolts (tracers) and 1 hit kill is impossible. You can't really be sure that you hit someone, it's all statistics.

If I would become a sniper in this game I would:

Look for a fast firing/ long ranged/ high damage accurate weapon (damn, thats an uber weapon!)

Put alot of skills in "moving" skills, you need your speed to fall back and launch another salvo of shots. When vehicles come out, buy a speeder bike to fall back more quickly.

Put your other skills in faster, more damaging and more accurate firing.

I'm not sure, we have some listed on the members charter, but not anyone who posts here a lot...

Oh, and I just realised I have to put some points into creature handling. I need to get a pet in this game.

Let me rephrase myself: I need to get a pet in this game. :)

Originally posted by swediot=)

so i can look like a true wookie :D

You're going to be a wookie? Jesus, it's going to be hell trying to talk with you. Hope there aren't going to be any language barriers when we train together, if we train together.

• 4 weeks later...

On the one hand, I should be an Industrialist so I can help out The Associates (How much money would we make if we could churn out truly bulk amounts of things? Nobody else is going to want to be an Industrialist :)) but on the other I want to be a Weaponsmith.

And if I get to be a Jedi, I'll do that too :D

Archived