Home

Holonet

matt--

I'm pretty sure this feature was cut and/or never officially announced (but alluded to).

Seeing as though it probably won't be in the game, I'm kind of interested in getting a site up that would be a centralized source for PA, city, and server news.

Would anybody be interested in giving me a hand if this idea ever grows into something?

Speaking of the holonet, did anyone notice that splicer wasn't on the updated professions list, or am i just missing something, i thought it might be kinda cool to do some of that. Did i miss the memo that splicer wasn't avaliable anymore or what?

cisler

Originally posted by adam990

Speaking of the holonet, did anyone notice that splicer wasn't on the updated professions list, or am i just missing something, i thought it might be kinda cool to do some of that. Did i miss the memo that splicer wasn't avaliable anymore or what?

Yes, slicer is out. The main reason is that the only thing that the slicer could do better than any other profession was, basically, lockpicking. So, as the other professions got more detailed during beta, the slicer simply had no excuse to exist. A good decision, in my opinion.

Adam, just to prevent future confusion, it's a slicer. ;)

Matt, I might be interested in writing articles, assuming you could use help doing such. Definetely a good idea, though we might want to wait until the game come sout to see if such terminals, as referenced by Zendjir, will be utilized in said fashion.

Well, if anyone want's to know what happened to the HoloNet after the Emperor started taking control, check out this link:

Official HoloNet

It's use is for the military now, ever since the Clone Wars started. And if they are true to the Continuity, it will be pretty restricted in-game aswell. :)

But as we all know, games must be made enjoyable, and desirable, so somne elements must be sacrifised due to this. Jedi come to mind. ;)

Archived