Home

Noob Hunt

Lord_Vessen

I was wondering about noob hunts, how will this be handled in SWG? In Final Fantasy 11 they took out the aspect of PvP that was a bad move for that game. I know there will be faction sides and such and no fighting zones, but what about when they leave those zones will they be constantly hunted down? Well if there is such an event then invite me. (Chuckles)

:mob:flamthro

:newbie:

You won't be able to kill noobs, unless they make their way to a free-for-all zone. And I doubt these will be immediately outside noob spawn zones.

Why can't you kill noobs? Because only overt members of rivalling factions can kill each other at will. And you will propably have to complete several quests to be accepted, or at least figure out how to join a faction! Noobs, as the name describes, doesn't manage this. So no, no running around in noob spawn cities, evaporizing scared, defenceless players as you might be used to :D

(personally, I think this is great. Be a man/woman, and go pick on someone your own size instead. Or go kill peons in WarCraft, if killing defenceless things is your thrill.)

One main difference is that when you spawn in CS or any such fps game, the fighting ability of you and your enemy is not that great. Sure, he might have picked up a few good weapons or so, but nothing major. However, if one player has 200 hours gameplay experience and accumulated gear, than the match is not as fair, right? Hope you see my point. ;)

well its in the giude on Star Wars galaxies.com:

and i quote:

When you enter the game, you are considered neutral, and are not able to attack another player, nor can another player attack you. There are several ways to get involved with consensual Player Vs Player (PVP) combat. Once you are involved in PVP, your targeting reticule and radar will clearly inform you of whom you can and cannot attack. In some areas, such as new player starting town, no one is allowed to engage in Player Vs Player combat.

Archived