Home

Can something besides 3d max put a player model in JKII?

Drico

Originally posted by Drico

I cannot afford 3ds max and I won't download it from kazza so it their anything else I can use? PLEASE HELP!

First of all, you can get Softimage XSI (which is only some odd $9000 US and there are only fifty places in the country where you can get it). Second of all - will you not download it because of some strange sense of morality or because you have a pathetic 14.4 Kbps modem?

Um... Both! I want cable, satellite modem anthing! (big sigh) Cable go's by my house but they wont give it to me! What's wrong with running it 900 feet through wood's to my house!

Ok back to the subject...

$9000!!!!!! uhhh (passes out)

Um could g max do it?

Could 3D Studio Max r2.5 do it?

I think this is it for me and modeling...

The model needs to be in xsi format for carcass to convert to glm. technically, you don't need 3dsm, but you do need to know what you are doing.

The raven plugin puts it in xsi format, currently you can use a program like assimilate to make the .car file and build your model, but assimilate seems like a waste of space, i made my own .car file and built the model, it worked fine.

So, just get it in xsi format with all your caps tags, bones and everything in place. I haven't done it yet, but when I do, it WILL be in 3dsm.

I think I will need a little more info on how to do that. I just wish I knew more about this. I am use to object oriented programing, but I realy want to lern all this stuff. So is their any way you could explain in more depth how to do it? I just need to get it down once so I am not so lost.

I'm sorry I have to draw the line. I'm not gunna steal some software to edit my game. But at their website they are taking vote as to what game you would like added to gmax. If they added JKII my problems would be over!:jawa

But you know I saw a full version of 3d max 4 educational version for sale on ebay for $80 buy it now. The lady said that her son had it in college. She also said she had his freind install on her comp and it worked fine. But I did not know what it was then!

I think it's sad how you need to spend major amounts of cash to just get into modelling players... I know that most competitive products you can use for player modelling can also be used to create full blown games and movie effects, but there has to be a way to put out a decent 3d modelling program that doesn't cost thousands and that's aimed at the gaming modelling community.

So far, milkshape and gmax seem like nice promises but they fell short of accomplishing what I would have gotten them for.

I'm with you! They should make it so JKII is in their! On top of that as someone else put it I have some strange moral conviction because I would not download it from kazza. Although I do not think being agianst stealing is strange. As I recall the latest version of milkshape dose have some support for JKII... hmmm I'll look it up.

don't bother with milkshape. you won't be able to do anything you cant in gmax. (ie: you cant make complete player models for JKII) you do get a nice glm IMPORTER though. But the use of that importer is very limited when it comes to character modelling.

Well... unfortunately with just gmax you cant do much pleyer modelling for JKII. You can technically MAKE a model but you won't get to wieght the mesh to the bones or see if the mesh you made is adequate for the animations.

You could try your hand at making quake3 models while you get your hands on a more complete program or at least untill gmax has JKII support. The best way to learn is to create a model and play with it. The doen side of making a JKII model and not being able to weigh it with programs such as gmax is that you don't get to see weather the mesh you made deforms well with the bone structure. I had many models which I had to tweak the mesh in order for it to deform better with the raven bones.

Well I do not have quake3 and no I'm not getting it. someone said that I could go as far as I could with gmax and then plead with someone with 3ds max to finish it for me. Do you know of any one who would fo it for me?

Also do you know of any tutorials to make a face with?

Archived