Home

Nightlight auditions - Beneath Monkey Island!

MJ

Americans aren't the most popular people in Australia at the moment. Don't get me wrong, nobody's going to be beaten down in the street... just that there's a lot of anti-war sentiments here.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite yet, Sleeper. I've just come back from Sydney (honestly, a matter of hours ago), I need to update websites, spruce them up a bit, do an assignment, read through the script, make a few major changes to the script...

Come back in 24 hours. Maybe 27. I'll make an announcement then. Probably won't be the announcement alot of people want to hear, but an announcement anyway.

I've been pretty snowed in by work, Darthy. So instead of updating the website and doing my assignment last night, I fell asleep.

Sorry folks. I'll announce who made it in 'BMI' tonight when I update the website. Work on it will get rolling pretty soon after that.

The results are up.

Congrats, Tom. :)

So what does everyone think of the cast? Any ideas for things that you'd like to see in BMI?

I'm open to ideas. This'd be a great oppurtunity to do things that LA would never do with Guybrush. Nothing too extreme, of course. ;)

I wasn't able to hear Stan, the sample might be corrupt. I think Lechuck has a bit of scottish accent, but that might just be me and he talks a bit too slow for my liking. Guybrush and Decazador was however great, Thomas Negrette is really the man for the part of Mr Threepwood.

Hmm, I agree. Lechuck does talk a little slowly, although the accent is perfect, and who says Earl Boens Chuckie is definitive? I too couldn't hear Stan, I don't think he was uploaded properly or something. Guybrush is great though.

As for Decazador, well may I be the first to question the mental integrity of his voice actor :)

Personally, I hope to see some mocking of the Monkey Island series, and some apalling puns from Guybrush.

Thanks, Sleeper. The 'Stan' sample didn't upload properly, I'm uploading it again.

I can't hear any of the scottish accent in LeChuck, but that's just me.

Hey, what do people think about the new menu on the website? There's hardly anything up at the moment, sorry. :rolleyes:

:c3po:

Uh... Wow. I'm a... speechless. I suppose I should begin by thanking my dysfunctional family for making this possible. I thank my non-existent manager for making absolutely nothing happen and to you Timmy, wherever you are... Thank you.

LOL ;)

Seriously though, I'm really glad you all think I can pull this off. =D I'll give it my best. Thanks for the opportunity!

-=70m=-

I'm very pleased that I got the part and honored to be in a Nightlight production. Sorry that you had to do Carl, but I just couldn't manage a Jamaican accent... and Eddie Murphy? Y'all must be out yo mind, fool! (Then again, I could do Mr. T...)

Something I'd really think interesting would be for the Dalek to pop up in the middle of the play. Also, I didn't know that Decazador would be doing the Karaoke deal that all Nightlight productions seem to have ("Just the way you Are," "Wookie in Lost Cause," "You've got a friend in me"). Those are always some of my favorite parts of your productions.

Also, what's do you mean, you question my mental integrity? I'm totally stable! Totally! Just ask Skeezmo, the little man who lives in my ear! Skeezmo? Aww, he's just sleeping.

Questioning the mental integrity. That's a great way to describe DeCazador. :)

I like to keep BMI reasonably well routed, so that means that Daleks probably won't make an appearance. I have no idea how they managed to be so popular. :confused:

As for DeCazador singing 'My Heart Will go on', it won't be THE BMI song, as per se. It'll be during one of the parts. They'll be on a ship. It has to be done. :)

Unless of course, you want to find the music and record a version of it yourself. I won't stop you.

The song for BMI will probably be sung be Carl. Haven't worked out what it will be yet, but since I'm doing the part and while I'm in the recording studio, I might as well...

How'd daleks get popular? It's because they're funny, which is because they just pop out of nowhere saying "Exterminate!" Actually, Stanley Brain's high-pitched Dalek rendition is more popular with my friends then the real Daleks. A great "Deus Ex Machina" plot device.

Also, I'm just fine with not doing the Karaoke deal, but I may find a jokey little karaoke deal for myself... nothing special of course. However, imagine a Scottish guy doing "Lady Marmalade," "Get the Party Started" or funnier yet "Thriller." Feminine songs for manly Scots. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Questions: How exactly are we gonna do this play? With sound files being e-mailed? Can I throw in jokes or would it ruin the consistency of the play?

Can someone report to the Admin that that super moderator is hacked again? Someone kill that stupid account and let the real merecat take over again.

If it is the real merecatfat, dude... seriously, if it was rigged, I would live in Austrailia, know 8 of 12 personally as a next door neighbor or otherwise good pub buddy, and be having wild freaky funky monkey sex with a troop full of wild women on the open beaches of Skull Island because everyone likes a little head. Ain't that right Murray! ... ok, Murray isn't talking to me... that's aside from the point.

The point is: Since this is reality, I'd have to say that I'm actually quite happy living in California and have really no clue what people see in my being Guybrush other than the fact that I have absolutely no life.

=)

The Daleks are Comming... The Daleks are Comming!

Quick! Put some tea in the improbability drive Doctor! Let us thrust forth into the unknown because it's entirely questionable whether or not we will actually arrive in Spokane without a tea hat, isn't it Heart of Gold?

*FWOOSH*

Ah, the joys of tea, a brain and a little improbable questioning.

Believe it or not, that's the real merfatcat. He was never hacked. Just a git. :)

The audition wasn't rigged. Unless you count me getting the part of Carl, the swordmaster of Jambalaya Island.

I've now worked out what the recorded song is in BMI. But I really don't want to spoil the surprise. I think it's going to be pretty cool. :)

Archived