Home

Musicals, Plays and the Theatre ^_^

Darklighter

Hey everyone! Just a general wondering of whether any of you have been/go to the theatre. If so, what is your favourite play(s) or musical(s)? I went to see 'Blood Brothers' tonight in London. It's a fantastic show, probably the best I have seen ever.

So, you go to the theatre too?

Post number 3000...Yay! ^_^

Hmmm, I went to see Jesus Christ Super Star, but it was this weirdo futuristic thing. When they flog Jesus, they used stun batons and they had a score board as to how many times they whipped zapped him.

I didn't like the way it was done. The movie was good (except for the fact Christ does not rise from the dead... :mad: )

I like Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, but never saw it in the theatre... :(

I plan on seeing Joseph next time it's in Chicago...

I have been to many local no real talent plays here (my ex girlfriend used to play the leads a lot so I had to fork out 8 bucks just to go see her).

One time when I went on a trip to England I saw that one with the chick Cossette I believe. It was made into a movie with UMA JERRY and our main man Liam. Someone tell me the name. That blew me away. I thought I would be bored as hell but I wasn't.

When I lived in St. Louis they have this one theater hall which is spectacular and plays and stuff are shown there. Anyways, my Dad got some tickets from his work to go see the ballet and I dreaded it from the first mintue. I made fun of it the whole way and by intermission I had my father cracking jokes at it too much to the dismay of my step mother. The worst part was when these two guys started like humping for a good two minutes. Unbelievable.

BigTeddyPaul

I've seen Les Mis quite a few times. It's my absolute favorite Broadway show ever. I could watch it every week and not get tired of it. I've also seen Cats and Annie Get Your Gun.

On occasion I act in plays. I played Lazar Wolf in my elementary school's production of Fiddler on the Roof. It was fun wearing a kippah and singing L'Chaim and looking at the audience wondering at my non-Jewishness. :p

I just read a play called Betty's Summer Vacation. One of the sickest, most depraved pieces of literature I've ever read.

I saw Tommy last year in L.A. It was pretty good, but mainly becuase of the music(The WHo)

Most recently I saw Les Miserables at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C. It was a really good production, compared to one I saw a few years back. I've also seen "The Producers" on Broadway, so that was pretty good. Matthew Broderick kicks ass IMO.

Well, i've been in all but 2 plays in my high school years. The first year i was not in the musical, because i wanted to play in the pit instead. Then i was in every musical and spring play until the spring play this year. Our new director chose "Our Town" Against the wishes of every single senior male actor in the school. We wanted a comedy for our senior year because we're all comedic actors.....and the director wouldn't reason with us. So we boycott. And now they don't even have enough people..bwahahaha.

I just went to see a performance of shakespeare's "Love's Labor's Lost" Which was an EXCELLENT play. The play itself is quite funny but the production and cast improved upon it. It was most excellent.

Archived