Home

What does a guy have to do?????

[DS]Bad-Karma

Hi...[Darkside]BadKarma here, the lead administrator of a little comunity called Darkside and hosted on the site http://www.darkstats.com.

I normally don't post things like this in an open forum, but I feel that I have been left no choice in this........I have been sending your site e-mail's with announcements of events in our servers, changes to the game and the comunity, and in general, and invitation to you and your staff to please come and have a charity online-type-game hosted by us and paid for by us with proceeds going to non profit goups.........

I have seen other places post news events here and be recognized and printed or quoted, and the things and events that we have sent to you have all without a fail, been dealt with the same exact way no matter what I had done to get it to you.......that is that you guys have ignored me and us completely.

I normally wouldn't care about that untill I saw that yhou had posted as notice on your page about ther dualing tournament in the Red Hand servers........well....I decided to ask just the people that play regularly in DS if they would, just for the day of the tournament wear a [Darkside] tag on thier name.....out of around 100 players that attended the tournament......we took demo's and screenshots shopwing that fully, FULLY, 2/3 of the players were wearing the tag........

We feel like you are purposely not posting anything about our website and our servers...for what reason, I would like to know....I mean you are ignoring the only ones to implement a stats tracking system that ranks you by your ability and skill in the game, not just wins and losses, and the only ones to update those stats to the web page in real time as you play. The only set of servers that are patrolled and run by admin who make sure that it is the type of place that you would not mind letting your 10yo be in and not worry about what they might see or hear as our rules are enforced and adhered to, not to menti0on that you are not even answeringf ANY of the letters sent to you from THE LARGEST DUALING COMIUNITY ON THE INTERNET..

RH servers announce thier tornament, which you front paged on teh site........you called thm a "Pinnicle in the JKII comunity".....then don't even answer the e-mail I sent about tournament,,,,,RH's top prize was $20.00 gift certificate....ours is a $400.00 video card (Radeon 9700 all-in-wondwer). I looked at thier servers last night.......empty, nobody there, I notice that in the wee hours of the morning, damn near all of them are empty....EXCEPT Darkside,,,,,I noticed that our servers have people in them playing the game 24/7. I tend to like the late hours and I can trade hello's and greetings with the players that are here from france, germany, austria, and as far down under as Australia...

I sent a news announcement to you about the launch of EURO Darkside with the locating of a server in Germany....now our European friends can have a set of servers to play inwith a decent poing rate instead of 300+, BUT.....that e-mail was met with the same reaction as before.

I was posting this message like I said, not as a rant or anything, but more of a request...Please answer this post and let us know waht it is about our servers, and http://WWW.DARKSTATS.com that must be breaking some law that you can't speak to, with, or about us.

Now....I would like to announce the upcoming DS tournament, so if you find iot in your heart to answer this instead of hanging us out to dry again, please e-mail me at the e-mail address that was registered to my endeavers.......

So, PLease come and see the game, the players, the comuniy, and our web site....I'm sure that if you take the time to look, you'll be pleased with what you see.

[Darkside] Lead Administrator

BadKarma

I think you're geting me wrong here..........this is what I'm talking about...........

Here posted on the front page of JediknightII.net

Dust of the clan Red Hand sent me word that they'll be having their 3d 1 on 1 NF Sabers tournament this Saturday, February 8th at 6PM PST. It is a double elimination tourney, featuring prizes for 1st and 2nd place finishers. As you may know RH is a long-standing pillar of the JK2 community, hosting several servers and of course the 2 preceding tournaments before this one. Check their website for further details by clicking Information Links and then Tournaments. Have fun!

Now....I respect RH...I understand all that they go through to run a set of servers.....we know more than anyone else out there, DS is run out of our pocket....the stats and all the things that make it DS we built ourselves, but we are not asking for money or support from these people, what I want tpo know is how RH servers can get the news of thier tournament listed and alse be called, here it is VERBATUM

RH is a long-standing pillar of the JK2 community, hosting several servers

I don't get it....you have a link for people to post news about JKII and JKII related things....OK....But when DS has been here LONGER than RH, nothing against RH, but when I check the in game browser, thier servers are a ghost town, nobody there,,,,,,DS servers even if only one of them, they are populated 24 hrs a day,......and due to the people that have come there, DS is the largest comunity of dualers on teh net possesing the best skills out on the net.......

If anyone had bothered to read any of the e-mails that you ignored, you wuld have found out a couple of things........

DS IS NOT A CLAN...it never was and still is not....the [Darkside] tag is only to identify admin of the servers.........

It may not sound like it now, but every one of those e-mails ignored was not an attempt at self promotion, but an anouncement of something brought about and put in place by people who support this game and this comunity,,,,,we have no advertisments, no pop-ups or banners, we don't charge a penny for anything that is availiable there......all we ever did was try to promote the pproduct that Lucaarts and Raven came together with and grow a comuinity where yoyu can have fun, learn, and be sure that when someone is making it unenjoyable, there is always an admin there or whithin reach via a paging system.

The links to e-mail; you are there in your web pages, put there by you, I just would like to know why I cant even get e-mailedc back with a simple F.O. that would have been OK.....but to ignore a comunity built and running on the p[ricipals that the people here claim to encourage........I dont unserstand that.....what is SOOO bad about Darkside servers that we are shunned by jediknightII.net?????

If anyone had bothered to read any of the e-mails that you ignored, you wuld have found out a couple of things........

The main one being..."I can't type for CRAP when I try to type too much, too fast.......LOL

*Karma kicks himself for lack of typing skillzzzzz*...................

I'm not tryuing to start a war, but when something that is our size, with the talent that is there in both players, and staff....How can we not acknowledge the news.....like tounamnents,,,,,or explanding and growing.....or donating our time to mentor as well as saber,so that kids can see theres a whole new world out there.......that and the fact that we keep the game as is from the box....the only mods run are the OFFICIAL raven releases......It's all just NF Saber ONLY Dual servers running 1.04 pacth........

So...once again....why the brush off and no answer...for a month or so I can understand, but Ingore a

Flux here. I am an admin for DS and would like to voice support for DarkSide servers as well.

This matter simply cannot be ignored for much longer. I mean... no offense to RH either but DS has become home and the default choice of dueling grounds for JK2 competitive play ever since the beginning (one year ago exactly). I have seen, throughout the whole year, the growth of a dedicated community to bringing fun and competitive gameplay. And yet, DS is still being ignored on one of the most prestigious JK2 news sites.

Also, while I'm at it, a shameless plug is in good context here. For anyone who's downloaded the Night Elf model, it was made by Darkside player FOR another Darkside player. If anything, I think that's a good indication of how well established and tightly knit we are.

Well i think the whole issue on ignoring Darkside Admin's, is like ignoring a large amount of the players that play jk2. I think when someone spends the time to try and get others attention, and then is not responded to, or gets a post back that makes no sense, and really has nothing to do with what Karma is talking about is another way of brushing of a part of jk2. I am quite displeased......

Darkside has bein y i stick around jk2, without them i'd drop this game in a second, they keep things fun and fair. Implamenting things that others haven't eve nthought of, the least you could do is to actually acknowlegde them...

Hey Bomber...trying to read my own typing right now is confusing enough......(carpa;l tunnel).....so my wife got me one of those ergonomic split keyboards,.......Don't think I quite like it at all......butt.....my wrists don't hurt as much after all the typing I do in a day.

Originally posted by [DS]Bad-Karma

Hey Bomber...trying to read my own typing right now is confusing enough......(carpa;l tunnel).....so my wife got me one of those ergonomic split keyboards,.......Don't think I quite like it at all......butt.....my wrists don't hurt as much after all the typing I do in a day.

Thats OK. I just was too lazy to read a paragraph, (:D) and I saw links and stuff, so I thought it was a thread Lucasforums Admins don't want. :)

Darkside is the BEST JKII NF server on the net without a doubt. I've been to Red Hand and while their servers are very well run, I personally feel that Darkside has the best dueling competition on the net. Even if JKII.net never recognizes Darkside for the elite server that it is, everyone should know that if you want to truly test yourself, go to the Darkside servers. I guarantee you that someone on darkside can OWN YOU.

ps- to everyone in the darkside community, thank you for creating such a wonderful environment to play in. Without you, I would have moved on from this game many months ago. But at Darkside, the challenge is still their whenever I enter the servers.

well i am an admin too o darkside server. and i think its a shame that we havent been mentined beofre here. we currently host 8 server which are in the prime time always full. we have server in central usa east usa east west usa and now in europe too. and all paid out of our own pockets.

if u havent played on darkside i say u havent tested ur skills nor even played really jk2.

and keaton ur right sir. hehe:p

im nillamonkey, or aristotle on DS and the place owns. Ive been playing there for like 9 months now and i gotta say that every time i go i just wanna come back. the best duelers in the game test your skill in every aspect, using diff stances etc.

to sum my post up

DARKSIDE IS TEH WIN!

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on with that anyhow? I've submitted news about the Jedi Academy a few times and rarely got a response. I got one from ZX a while back. I applied to be a news poster but got no response. How's it hanging, jkii.net? :) Still need help?

Since I have news posting powers again (see recent posts by me on the main page) I'd encourage you to send ME the stuff if nobody else seems to, it sounds like its appropriate stuff to post.

Our other guys are probably on vacation and too busy (I know I'll be that way in about a week)...

kurgan@mchsi.com and I'll see what I can do. ; )

• 3 weeks later...

Correction: Andy867 says it's a requirement.

"We would love to have you on, unfortunately the lack

of file updates is not the fault of the file posters,

but because the file server, which runs separately

from the site and the Forums, has had a long down

time, even though from time to time, it appears to be

working. Basically, in order to even be considered for

a job, you MUST have broadband connection(Cable, DSL,

T1, T3, Satellite, D1, D3, and the alike). Secondly,

you must be able to devote, once our file server is

back up on a more stable state, 2-3 hours per day in

reviewing files for validity, and make sure that they

have the proper credentials (screenshot, Readme.txt,

and working .pk3 or whatever it may be). Also, we try

not to take offense to some of the emails we may

receive for whatever issue, so we have to be

cool-headed about that kind of thing. So, the person

to talk to is probably Visac, Eets, Aristotle,

ZeroXcape, since they have seniority over me. "

And here's shocker...none of the individuals I've been directed to have answered the emails I've sent.

My guess is that the key JK2.net staff have quit caring and quit messing with the site at all.

Bah, I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I care.

I am sorry, because I did NOT KNOW that broadband was indeed a requirement. I stand corrected then, and I'm sorry if my comments confused you. I was wrong.

Zero is on vacation and Aristotle I haven't seen in a few days, but I've talked to Andy and Chris today, so they should be around. If they're not answering emails, I can try talking to them on ICQ for you, if you want.

Update:

If I could give you access, I would, but I don't currently have access. I just talked to Chris, and he agrees that from a standpoint of practicality, without broadband, you can't expect to get the job done. A few people tried it before and they ended up not being able to function properly. So I guess the answer is "no, sorry." : (

Archived