Home

Jedi Bounty Hunter!

Koala3K

I have a wonderful idea for a JK2 editing project (and it's not for stealing!). I just thought that I'd "self-promote" it here, since that's what this board's for.

As some of you probably know, during the dawn of the PlayStation 2 console, LucasArts released Star Wars: Starfighter, a space combat game taking place during the events of The Phantom Menace. As a sequel, they released Jedi Starfighter , which was a similar game, only you were able to pilot your ship while using the Force, etc.

In late 2002, LEC released Star Wars: Bounty Hunter , where the player took on the role of Jango Fett. Then, I came up with a fun idea-- why don't they make a sequel called Jedi Bounty Hunter ?

The very idea of a Jedi bounty hunting seems rediculous, but I thought it was a great idea. So here is my idea for a JK2 MOD titled "Jedi Bounty Hunter."

The game takes place around the time Jedi Outcast takes place, give or take a few years. There is peace in the galaxy, and on the New Republic's capital world of Coruscant, former Rebel heroes Zuckuss and 4-LOM are using their intuition and calculations (respectively) to manage a successful brokerage firm. Zuckuss has undergone the life-saving lung surgery he had been saving credits for, and the duo is fairly well off.

However, the subject of whether or not the duo's methods should be legal is one of great debate throughout Coruscant, and protestors are quickly gaining numbers and strength.

One day, while meditating, Zuckuss realized that to find true inner peace in himself, he must find a way to connect with the Force. He leaves 4-LOM on Coruscant and travels to the Yavin 4 Jedi Academy, where Luke Skywalker, having heard of Zuckuss' past heroic exploits, welcomes him with open arms, under one condition--- he must forever give up his greedy ways of bounty hunting, as they are not true to the Jedi code.

Zuckuss agrees, and begins to handle the Force, and a lightsaber, with great skill. All goes well until an old enemy-- a bounty Zuckuss once brought in-- resurfaces, destroys the Coruscant brokerage building, cripples 4-LOM, and disappears. Zuckuss becomes determined to turn in the criminal, but to find him, he must follow the trail of his bounty's underworld contacts-- all of whom are wanted, dead or alive. Zuckuss knows he must return to his roots to bring down a criminal empire that reaches deeper than anyone could ever guess...

Sounds zany, doesn't it? I sure would like to make this pipe dream a reality, but I know nothing about editing, and the game would be a huge task. Maybe someday....

Feel free to post your opinions on my idea.

--Koala3K

In my post it makes clear that, before Zuckuss is accepted into the Jedi Academy, he is told that, if he becomes a Jedi, he must give up his bounty hunting life forever. However, he has to stray from his orders when an immediate, personal threat endangers his partner, his business, and himself.

Kyle Katarn has strayed from the Jedi code in the past when the situation called for it, correct? Zuckuss will do the same thing, and he won't become a Force-sensitive hunt-for-profit mercenary. He's going to be fighting for the greater good and protecting himself, not going all Bossk on everyone and killing for money alone.

In fact, the title "Jedi Bounty Hunter" reflects more upon Zuckuss' hunting past, not his future. He's a bounty hunter who becomes a Jedi, not a Jedi who becomes a bounty hunter.

And nobody ever said it had to be taken as canon. It would just be fun.

--Koala3K

Why not a mod that sets you as Vader walking the streets of different worlds looking for Jedi? You know, he could be searching each level for a new Jedi to slay and battling the jedi's "protectors" (yobs with guns) then when he finds his prey it could go into "challenge" mode and you could duel with him. Maybe on some of the upper levels he would meet the Jedi Council members or take on multiple Jedi masters...and save Mace or Dooku for the grand finale.

You could call that Jedi Hunter

personally what you have just descrived is not a MOD its a damn story you didnt list any features or any gameplayt suggestions or anything if this is just a story and you suggest we make a mod where a jedi can use all guns force and saber I think you should check out the mod entitle Jedi Knight Outcast ...yep thats right the original game you can...get this. Play with force,sabers,and guns all at once! wow that is just silly totally better than any other mod.

Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai

personally what you have just descrived is not a MOD its a damn story you didnt list any features or any gameplayt suggestions or anything if this is just a story and you suggest we make a mod where a jedi can use all guns force and saber I think you should check out the mod entitle Jedi Knight Outcast ...yep thats right the original game you can...get this. Play with force,sabers,and guns all at once! wow that is just silly totally better than any other mod.

There are such things as single-player mods, you know, and they require stories. JKII is in need of good SP mods.

Thanks to all who support my idea. The only thing stopping me from developing it is that I know absolutely nothing about any sort of JK2 editing. If anyone knows where to find any good tutorials for beginners, I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

And Mr. Ronin_Medjai can go download some more ladder MODS if he doesn't like my idea. The fact is that too many JK2 MODS are only packages for non-stop action, with little (if any) story, and no story development.

Pariah came up with the idea of "Jedi Hunter," where you walk around as Vader hunting down different Jedi. The only thing I don't like about that idea is that I've never really liked the idea of Darth Vader single-handedly walking around finding and killing Jedi. I've always thought of him as a Hitler-like figure, sending armies of minions out to collect the Jedi and leaving no dirty work to himself. Besides, I really like Zuckuss.

BTW, last night, using a tutorial, I tried to change the Mon Mothma skin into Zuckuss, but it didn't work.

--Koala3K

Originally posted by Koala3K

Thanks to all who support my idea. The only thing stopping me from developing it is that I know absolutely nothing about any sort of JK2 editing. If anyone knows where to find any good tutorials for beginners, I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

Head on over to the Mapping/Levels forum, you will find a lot of very useful info there. Most of us learned off of RichDiesal's tutorials: http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/

I think you will find SP mapping to be a very tough project...try to make a couple MP maps for practice before you start, or just fiddle around with the editors (GtkRadiant: http://www.qeradiant.com).

Wow, thanks, Wedge! That site looks very, very promising. I should also mention that I'm on a Mac, which shouldn't hinder me too much, except I'll have to download/buy some extra software.

Thanks again!

--Koala3K

BTW, I approved that post for you.

The only thing stopping me from developing it is that I know absolutely nothing about any sort of JK2 editing

Well, there are those fortunate, who mapped for the original Jedi Knight or some other game, and so they have already a lot of experience. Then there are those, who just learnt to make maps for Outcast. Still the fact remains that everybody must learn it once. There's no short-cuts to that.

Your idea and plot sound very fine indeed, but unfortunately I must agree with Wedge; mapping's hard job to the extreme, and eats lots of time, not to mention the difficulties of the learning process. If you go ahead, you'll notice making plots is important, but rationalizing (that is, cutting the branches) your aims is vital to the finishing of a project.

But above all: have fun time mapping!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, that is an awesome story for your idea. I have always thought it would be cool if a Jedi worked as a bounty hunter, but I thought it would mean he would have to be a dark Jedi. You have figured out an ingenious way around that:)

Originally posted by Koala3K

...I should also mention that I'm on a Mac...

Mac's are awesome and because you use one, so are you.

• 2 weeks later...

hey this sounds cool! i too have a character thats a bounty hunter and jedi too, but i didn't know jedis can't be bounty hunters..... I know one way your character can be a bounty hunter! you can be a bounty hunter for whatever force your characters on like the new republic, and be a jedi too

Hmmm...make Kyle a bounty hunter basically... it's the same game.

How about a Jedi Bounty Hunter (re-read as a Bounty Hunter that only hunts Jedi) Jedi are a balancing factor of the force so it's not unrealistic for an evil man to want them hunted to purposly throw off balance in the force thus giving him(or his troops) more power. Think of all the jedi as chess pieces; the owner of the black pieces wants the upper hand so when his opponent isn't looking, he snags a white piece off of the table (one that's not as noticeable), giving him an advantage. Doing that while snagging pieces by standard rules can almost ensure a victory, providing he isn't caught.

That could be an interesting story/game if "fleshed out".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived