Home

My ideal sequal/expansion

BJP3E

This is a rough idea of a expansion I personally would like. Its crude but you get the general idea

forgive the errors as ther are plenty LOL

Jedi Knight DFIII

Two years have passed since the fall of dessan. Kyle has finally cut all ties to the republic and settled down with Jan and has a son on sulon. The remnant forces dwindling even with reborn still present along with Tavion are still active yet have gone into hiding for the time being. Why? Fyarr now a self appointed grand admiral has decided to resurrect a long dead project.

At an old imperial junkyard on an undisclosed moon Fyarr and a crew are working through piles of junk until someone says they have found something. A battered looking mechanical arm.

An old friend of Kyle’s, Mara Jade is on a mission. A small base was recently discovered and she is going to see what’s the deal. Her orders are to get in and recover data from the central computer of the base for any leads as to the remnants being so quiet. She recovers the goods but is found and now you return to your ship fighting various imps along the way.

On courscant she give the info to monmothma and its decoded but what ever its about it talks of robotics, factories in undisclosed locals and is referred to only as the project. Digging through the databases they find only one thing that ever really delt heavy with robotics in the empire the dark trooper. A short-lived but potentially deadly project that could be the answer to the remnants shortage of manpower if started up again.

The only problem now is only one man has ever faced off with these things and he is retired.

Mara is now asked to seek Kyle out on sulon. He is not home but his wife and son are and they say he’s gone to town for the day. Of course a few miles out side the city limits her ship is shot down by tuskins. Trekking through a series of canyons she battles them off along with the wild life.

Once she makes it to the city she talks to various folk about where Kyle might be. You search around several NPC filled blocks. And end up walking in a bar and relinquishing your weapons at the door unaware you are being followed. In the bar you talk to some folk and then a voice come from behind you. Turning around hands up you see 3 Pirate raiders. Thugs of Kaerobani. Mara has had a price on her head since the MOTS incident. Kaerobani would be happy to have her head in his collection.

The men are ready to blast her when a shot rings out and one man falls. Mara jump behind the bar as mores shots are fired and NPCS are running out of the bar.

When things are settled Mara looks over the counter and see a familiar bryar pistol with an even more familiar man holding it. Mara greats Kyle but he already knows he don’t want to talk to her since it can only involve the republic. Mara still lays the situation down for him. After much time he finally agrees. At his home he opens a glass case that holds his saber. Jan knows this mans he going away and does not step in his way.

At cuorascant Kyle is briefed about a construction plant that was just found. According to the source there are six or more of them hidden on different planets all in operation.

One by one as Kyle infiltrates and blows the factories up he is informed of the next ones location. Each plant offers a different route of entry and different ways of getting to them. At the forth factory you confront an old foe. Tavion. You fight her around vats of molten metals. You manage to knock her down eventually sending her saber across the floor and just when you are going to strike her down she uses the force to ignite her saber are throws it at you striking you hand. (Hmm were has this happened before.) Your hand-severed tavion leaves you to die as the factory begins to go in to melt down. You make you way out and after medical attention return to you mission The last few factories are full of DT stage 2s. Even after you destroy the last know factory you hear something over a com. The Armageddon imperial battle ship size unknown is fully loaded for the assault on yavin. The reason being that if they can wipe out what little Jedi there are still it give the remnant a better chance of victory in the retaking of courascant.

You leave for courascant and inform them of the remnant plans and a strike force is scent to intercept the Armageddon. The Armageddon is a new ship larger than any before it having been in construction since before the time of dessan and its systems are not yet fully operational and the strike forces is able to land in one of the ships bays undetected as its heads through space at first. Imperials however find you and your team is separated in groups.

Navigating the giant ship you go through every thing from air shafts, barracks to mess halls the cargo bays to engine rooms ect all the while battle troops officers and reborn. The main goal being the bridge. On the bridge you confront fyarr. He simple laughs and suddenly reborn on you and he is fleeing. You win the battle and the ship is stopped just before it is about to orbit yavin. But it’s not over. Sever ships exit the ship and head for the surface.

You make you way to you craft and find it’s been destroyed and there are no other members of you team around. Using a fighter you high tail it to the surface.

Republic troops were waiting for the arrival of this ship. But eh carnage you see is disastrous. Republic troops are dropping like flies as DTs and shock troops march forward. It won’t be long before the temples are over run. As you fight you way through the temple grounds you come across several mini battles between republic and imp troops help only if you want. You even have to option of manning mobile turrets to help stop some tie bombers. Other wise you fight reborn and DTs and troops along the way to the trial grounds were the jeedi are held up.

Eventually you confront tavion again and she is disappointed that you are alive duh J. Well this time you show no mercy and strike her down and seek out fyarr has he has the fastest means of shutting the DTs down a small controller. You find him and after getting past his reborn guards and troops you take off his hand and pick up the controller shutting the DTs down. As this happens several republic reinforcements land and the tides turn on the remnant and they either flee or surrender. Still alive fyarr chokingly laughs that his controller does not shut down all DTs. And a large door opens revealing a DT that’s 10 feet tall armed to the teeth and coated with a layer of cortosise.

Meet the DT upgrade……..

Um, Kyle killed Fyar in the Doomgiver's shield generator room, so how is he back now? I think it would have to be some other guy other than Fyar. Some of your ideas are good, but others are too much like what happened in JO.

its Galak who dies, Fyarr was the guy heard over the com in the beginning of the game who gets releaved of his command or what ever

Yeah I knows its crude but hey its my opinion, only an idea it would required a great deal more fleshing out Yes I know that :)

I already know its something that would not be done but hey it could be cool

Yea cmon guys cut him some slack. I thought it was a pretty good story. Just find someone new to replace Fyarr and also find a way to incorporate that new person into the storyline and it would be pretty good. Also I think there should be a level on Courscant with civilians and you can only injure or kill a certain number before you fail. Just a suggestion.

hey now... I ment well I am talking about the man that Desann has reasigned during the kejim missions in the begining what was his name Stavon yeah I just got mixed up

Stavan was probably one of the remain higher raking commanders under Fyarr. With him and desann dead he gives himself the rank of grand Admiral.

and Like I said what you read is only a general idea more could be added or removed but its a start.....

How about a story involving someone other than Kyle, Jan, Mara, etc.? Why not, say, start a new line of stories about a totally new character who is a student at the Jedi academy on Yavin.

Maybe have a cloning plot, or a plot surrounding a sith cult's rise, or maybe your character is on a jedi academy outpost or something, witnesses a massacre, and then has to solve the mystery of where the enemies came from and their motive. That sort of thing. I dunno. Just some thoughts.

Originally posted by Solo4114

How about a story involving someone other than Kyle, Jan, Mara, etc.? Why not, say, start a new line of stories about a totally new character who is a student at the Jedi academy on Yavin.

For the next game in the series, I'd like to see another original character or two introduced, and Kyle's story come to a conclusion. I'd hate to see game after game after game with the same characters - it would become farcical, IMHO. That's why I stopped reading the EU books, because they kept dredging up the same characters to save the galaxy every five minutes. To keep the series fresh, they need some new characters with their own deep backgrounds.

I'd love to see a chapter where you are totally controlled by the baddie.

Something like (this has been done before in movies anyways) being injected with a virus..or getting a scratch from some freak animal that starts to slowly kill you, making you lose your strenght, speed, skills... making you a weakling that is simply popping medpacks to survive and trying to crawl to some place where an antidote is available.

This would be somewhat different, yes? And just as you're about to reach the doctor/antidote/whatever, the bad guy shows up laughs at your feeble performance and tosses you away to die.

Now at this point someone might want to rescue you. Some ragged, innocent character that you symphatize and who gets in one way or another mistreated by the baddies.

Imagine waking up after being unconscious, on the brink of death for weeks in some small cottage where a <insert child-like do-gooder character> has been nurturing you from the goodness of his/her heart, giving you most of the food that he/she and the family(?) would have certainly needed for themselves.

Imagine getting stronger day by day and finally feeling like a jedi again when suddenly a load of imp.troops/bounty hunters/whatever turns up and kills/burns everything just for the fun of it.

Feel like lighting up that lightsaber that the <insert gullible character> has cleaned and polished for you while you were dying? Feel like taking your revenge and perhaps slipping to the dark side? Maybe later you'll find out that the family/person got away and the light path would have server you better in the long run. Maybe annihilating those troops caused more harm than good. Maybe *YOU* ended up killing, by accident, the people who helped you and who you were trying to revenge! Welcome to the dark side, hmmm?

I'm just babbling here but I'm sure you see my point. I want the story to affect the game in more ways than just "different map with even more stormtroopers".

RPG elements, please! Choosing the dark side should grant satisfaction, lots of sick and twisted justifiable satisfaction which, at some point becomes (in a way that the player can not control) so perverse that you start wondering: "Oh ****... I didn't want to go this far! What have I done!?"

I don't think a good plot needs to be about the fate of the universe all the time. Take the guy/girl/creature that "saved me" from certain death -> I couldn't care less about Teh Gigantic-Uber-MassDestruction-Weapon-of-Ultimate Force that is about to blow up the universe if at the same time a handfull of local scumbags are burning up the house of said creature. --> it doesn't always have to be BIG in order to be immersive.

Archived