Home

all non melee units are anti air?

SE_Vader_536

Who agrees with me here? i mean isnt a little dumb that a fighter stands there and shoots a trooper without being shot back at? i think in swgb2 the troopers, mechs, ships, etc. should be able to do some damage to aircraft and anti air units could do damage to ground units. ex. confederacy anti air in movie destroyed a republic hvy assualt mech.

Hvy weapons and jedi arent laser-weilding therefore they cant shoot the aircraft but maybe the jedi could deflect?

Well anyway please input and on a sidenote let me state the fact that i still need to know why im not the thread destroyers club...

(i just wont give up...):D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most should be able to, but not all, and those that aren't designed for anti-air would be pretty inaccurate at doing so.

The following units should be unable to shoot air because of the positioning or static-nature of their weapons:

MTT

All Naboo speeders

Dwarf Spider Droid

The following units could theoretically shoot air, but they would be so clumsy or slow at doing so it would not make sense to implement it:

SPHA-T

Droideka

Gungan mechs

And that is just movie units. So some non-melee units should shoot air, but not all. And I should add that to compensate for this, air should be made tougher and thus more like the movies.

And Vader, the Thread Destroyers Club has been disbanded and no longer exists.

First of all, NO NO NO and NO!

It kills some fun out of the game. It's really stupid to try and fight back. It makes no difference. Saw those stormies shooting on the Falcon in ESB? Same thing. They just won't do any damage.

Of course some units should be able to shoot air (AT-AT SPHA-t, AAT) but nothing else. Look at Starcraft. Except for the Goliath which actually makes sense because it has anti-air weapons, no other ground unit that could shoot air made sense! Marines can take out Battlecruisers!!! Look at the size of the thing! I mean come on! Next thing you'll have troopers blasting the crap out of a Star Destroyer!

I think it would improve gameplay. The problem with Air at the moment is they are too weak. They get blown to bits way too easily. They should be much tougher to be really useful and fun to play with. To compensate, more units should be able to shoot at them. However, only dedicated AA units will actually be any good at it.

Where have you seen an AT-ST shoot air? Or an AT-PT?

We can toughen up air without the need of making all ranged ground units able to shoot air units.

If Air is toughen up but those same ranged ground units really suck at shooting air, it comes back to the same damn thing. And now air is overpowered.

SPHA-t -Republic Artillery

Okay, well what if only a couple of units could shoot air? I suggest this because I think the concept of dedicated AA units is not very Star Warsy.

Confederacy: Hailfire Droid (can shoot ground too)

Empire: AT-AT

Republic: AT-TE

Gungans: A made-up unit. I'd like to see some sort of flak shooting device hat uses energy balls. They hurl them in the air and the balls explode, damaging air in a blas radius.

Rebels: Their air is mega, so maybe none.

Naboo: Gian Speeder, though isn't good at it since they have mega air too.

Trade Fed: AAT

Also, maybe keep missile troopers in, but they become a combination of AA troopers and grenade troopers, who can shoot air and ground with a blast damage effect.

i agree that some of the anti air units should be able to attack ground. in ep 2 a hail fire droid destroyed a AT-TE and missile troopers could in reality shoot ground units. and if you have played clone wars, hail fire droids will shoot their missiles at you and your on the ground.

It's not a bad idead Vostok but I have to give the rebs some anti-air(other then trooper). Those things saved my ass many times.

Sometimes when you're fighting against another air strong civ(Wooks, Reps, Naboo) you'll waste time making fighters since they pretty much kill each others and it will end up in a stalemate(unless you really have more fighters then your opponent). In those times, the anti-air comes in realy handy. They can mow down enemy fighters while your other ground units can go around unharmed by airstrikes. Your fighters don't get wasted that way.

Originally posted by pbguy1211

it amazes me as to how some people can go on and on for pages about babble like this. it ain't gonna happen people! you may as well save your breath!

How do you know?

I think it's unrealistic, that AA, can't shoot ground! All units should be able to shoot air, but many of them, should be very inaccurate! Also, air is too weak and too slow, and the game-engine is ¤%$#!

Archived