Home

all non melee units are anti air?

SE_Vader_536

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IActually, I support the war... sorta. That was my lil annoying half-***ed brother that hates the war. He was mad cuz I rebutted him so easily about the war. He obviously felt the need to mess with my LF stuff..... he must have gone through a lotta crap just to get my pass.... anyways, I already kicked his butt and changed my pass.

also, I do believe it's spelled Iraq....

also I don't really want war, but it has to be done. I pray for those soldiers that serve our country.

I think there should be some more units that can shoot air like what Admiral V said. Especially the hailfire droid. It should be able to attack mechs and kick their butts. Like the missile trooper in C&C Generals. It can attack air and tanks, but really sucks against troops.

Agreed, Phreak.

Though it is annoying that the American Media seem to forget Australians are also in the Gulf. Not only does CNN keep saying "American and British troops" but the geniuses who painted the backdrop for the war's press-conference room seemed to forget Australia even existed, and forgot to paint it on the world map. No wonder our Prime Minister keeps sucking up to Bush, if he didn't Bush wouldn't even know Australia was a real country.

Proof that the "gameplay > realism" comment isn't the whole truth:

http://www.planetannihilation.com/swta

A Star Wars mod for the classic RTS Total Annihilation. Featuring, among other things, fighters that move and evade while attacking, and weapons that can shoot at both ground and air.

Gameplay and realism are not mutually exclusive. It is highly possible to have a realistic game that plays well. Check out the mod if you own TA, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

In respect to Iraq. What can i say but this is wrong. George Bush is a warmonger and his argumenrs about disarming Iraq are so transparent only a 10 year-old would belive him. The US, British, Australians, Spanich etc are morally corrupt are the main threat to the peace and security of the world.

Hopefully the Iraqi military will be able to cause severe casulties on the invading barbarians so that Bush, Blair, Howard etc can feel the blood on their hands. Nothing would be better than for these criminals to be arrested and handed over to the United Nations war crimes tribunal after or during this unprovoked attack on another sovereign nation.

Back to the topic at hand i think a specific AA mobile is a good idea, although there should be other mechs with AA ability as well. In respect to troops i think my idea of a 'rifle trooper' is a good one, as this infantry unit (taken from Jedi Power Battles) would be effetive against both aircraft and mechs.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

In respect to Iraq. What can i say but this is wrong. George Bush is a warmonger and his argumenrs about disarming Iraq are so transparent only a 10 year-old would belive him. The US, British, Australians, Spanich etc are morally corrupt are the main threat to the peace and security of the world.

Right... you're obviously oblivious to the situation... because that's so far from the truth it's not funny.

Hopefully the Iraqi military will be able to cause severe casulties on the invading barbarians so that Bush, Blair, Howard etc can feel the blood on their hands. Nothing would be better than for these criminals to be arrested and handed over to the United Nations war crimes tribunal after or during this unprovoked attack on another sovereign nation.

Well, I guess I'm about to go back on youe ignore list for this, so here it goes. F you for wishing harm/death on ANYONE first of all. We aren't going in to kill civilians. And their troops are given ample time to surrender and leave the capital, which they are doing I might add...

Second of all, we won't do anything to be tried for war crimes.

Third, how is it unprovoked when he's already lied about his weapons and hasnt complied with a 10 year old ruling by the UN?

And finally, maybe Austrailia has drifted to far away from the rest of the continents for you to have any clue as to what goes on in the rest of the world... when your countries highest registered religion is jedi knights, which are FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, you shouldn't talk all this smack...

There shouldn't be a war period.

Don't any of you guys see it?

You want to stop terrorism but you're making muslims hate you even more!!!

I can't believe you listen to the idiot you call your president(our prime-minister is not better but...).

You always talk about freeing them.

You're gonna put them into more **** then before!

You seem not to realize that you're gonna bring them more misery then before.

You're gonna bomb them, bring fear into their hearts, probably kill many innocents, burn down their houses(caused by your bombs), leave them homeless, and then you want them to look at you as heroes?!

They are gonna suffer like hell!!!

And that only for an ''if''!

''if'' Iraq has weapons...

''maybe'' saddam will use them...

''this war may prevent''...

You don't make war without proof...

And what about preventive war...

Since you're doing it, many other countries will do it...

No public proof...

You just have to say he hates me and then you attack him!

And when people come over and question you about your motives...

You can just say that the US did...

So we can also do it...

PBGUY - i have no intention of banning you. You have your opinion, i have mine, only thing here is that you are very badly wrong.

The USA colalition is invading a soviereign nation WITHOUT UN backing, that makes it an unlawful invasion and the deaths of any civilians (which has already occured) can and will be seen as warcrimes on behalf of the nations involved in the attack. There is NO proof that Iraq has any WMD, nor will there be. Iraq has complied with the UN demands and was predared to continue to allow the UN weapons inspectors to have more time and unlimited access.

I would also like to ask two questions on these phantom WMD-

1. If this is about disarming, why is the US going after Saddam?

2. There is NO proof that Iraq has WMD, and there were UN inspectors to make sure. In North Korea, there are nuclear weapons that can hit the US western seaboard, and they have removed all UN survaillence of their nuclear weapons research, yet the US constantly says 'we want to talk'.

If that isnt hippocracy i dont know what is.

The USA colalition is invading a soviereign nation WITHOUT UN backing, that makes it an unlawful invasion and the deaths of any civilians (which has already occured) can and will be seen as warcrimes on behalf of the nations involved in the attack.

Sorry, but you're very misinformed... first of all we don't need the UN to invade squat... so are the turks and the english going to be tried as well? what about everyone else helping us out?

There is NO proof that Iraq has any WMD, nor will there be.

That is yet to be seen...

Iraq has complied with the UN demands and was predared to continue to allow the UN weapons inspectors to have more time and unlimited access.

No they haven't... and no they wouldn't. They weren't supposed to have a lot of the missiles they've been using the past few days. Hans Blix has said so himself.

I would also like to ask two questions on these phantom WMD-

1. If this is about disarming, why is the US going after Saddam?

Because he hasn't disarmed... duh... he's had 10 years...

2. There is NO proof that Iraq has WMD, and there were UN inspectors to make sure. In North Korea, there are nuclear weapons that can hit the US western seaboard, and they have removed all UN survaillence of their nuclear weapons research, yet the US constantly says 'we want to talk'.

If that isnt hippocracy i dont know what is.

They may not have WOMD... it's yet to be seen. We'll know soon enough. You're missing the point that the inspectors obviously we're allowed to see everything as has been proven recently.

As far as N.K.? We're taking it one by one... don't worry... EVERYONE will be on the anti-North Korean bandwagon soon enough. And N.K. isn't in the U.N.

Are you completely ignorant of International law??? You cant just go around invading whoever you like because you feel like it.

In respect to the invasion, YES you do need UN approval, otherwise it becomes an unprovoked invasion with the nations involved becoming liable for any civilian deaths or attrocities which, as i said, are war crimes.

With Saddam, how is killing him going to magically remove these phantom WMD? I would also like to point out that the USA is actively attempting a political assasination of the leader of a sovereign nation, which again is illegal.

With North Korea, are you blind? Have to yet to figure out why the US is attacking Iraq and not North Korea? Lets look at the facts-

Iraq - under 10-year UN blockade, no proof of WMD, militarily very weak, UN inspectors (were) in-country

North Korea - no UN blockade, self-confessed WMD, capable of hitting LA with thermonuclear weapons, UN inspectors and monitoring devices removed

NOW do you see why the US is attacking Iraq and not North Korea when it is clearly North Korea that poses the greater threat to international peace?

I didn't know this thread had gone so far off topic, but here's my two cents...

- If the US did the same thing with North Korea it WOULD be illegal, but because of the disarmament plans established by the UN for Iraq after the Gulf War, the attack is entirely legal. Saddam has failed to disarm, and because of this the US can retaliate. Since no such disarmament plans exist for North Korea, a similar invasion without UN backing would be illegal.

- Don't forget Australians are fighting there too.

Are you completely ignorant of International law??? You cant just go around invading whoever you like because you feel like it.

Please quote to me the law...

With Saddam, how is killing him going to magically remove these phantom WMD? I would also like to point out that the USA is actively attempting a political assasination of the leader of a sovereign nation, which again is illegal.

Like I said, we'll know in time.

North Korea - no UN blockade, self-confessed WMD, capable of hitting LA with thermonuclear weapons, UN inspectors and monitoring devices removed

Okay.... maybe you didn't get this the first time when I brought it to your attention... NORTH KOREA ISN'T A PART OF THE U.N.!!!

hmmm...

I'm gonna say something that is for me quite unsurprising but for others it may be...

THE US IS THE BIGGEST THREAT IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

*sorry

You have more WMD then anyone. You have the largest army in the world. You MAY attack anyone. Let's make war on you to disarm you because you're a threat to world peace!!!!!

pbguy - North Korea IS part of the United Nations, and even if they weren't, it makes absolutely no difference.

Also, if the USA is the world's policeman, why havent they yet intervened in-

- Zimbabwe

- Indonesia

- North Korea

- Iran

- Chechnya

- Turkey

- Most of South America?

Plus, i would like to remind you that the USA

- actively overthrew legitimate democratically governments in South America and replaced them with cruel dictators because they were anti-communist

- gave Iraq WMD to use against Iraq and helped them build up their military

- did nothing to protect the Kurds in Northern Iraq against the Iraqi's after the 91 Gulf War

- allowed the use of chemical and biological weapons against Iranians and Kurds

and much more. So dont start that dribble about the USA being the 'world policeman'.

*sigh*

If you all are gonna debate..... either stay in this thread (don't make another) or move to the unused Senate Forums. I'm tired of the war, and the war threads.

I agree that we'e basically acting as the worldpolice, but I think we should quit acting as it. The other countries can take care of themselves. Most don't like the U.S. and others want to kill us.

Also, i thought China had the largest army..... I know we have the most advanced Air Force or something like that, i can't remember. My Chem Teacher talked about his days in the Air Force a lot....it passed tome.

pbguy - North Korea IS part of the United Nations, and even if they weren't, it makes absolutely no difference.

No they aren't... go check it out... I'll even provide you with the URL! http://www.un.org/Overview/unmember.html

Also, if the USA is the world's policeman, why havent they yet intervened in-

- Zimbabwe

- Indonesia

- North Korea

- Iran

- Chechnya

- Turkey

- Most of South America?

Would you like us to be everywhere at once? They're dealing with situation where they believe there are weapons on MASS destruction in a place that isn't following imposed sanctions it agreed to.

and much more. So dont start that dribble about the USA being the 'world policeman'.

You know, i wish you would put me back on your banned list so i wouldnt have to listen to all the crap you talk... if you think that the US doesn't help the world more than hurt then fine... you believe that. It's no my fault my country happens to be the most powerful and one of the few able to do anything about the crap that goes on in the world. The only things Austrailia is good for are boomerangs, kangaroo's and the lord of the rings movie set... actaully that's not true... but your blindness to the situation is pissing me off. and that comment about hoping for saddam to commit genocide was the last straw. that was just f'ing stupid.

Isn't Chechnya an internal affair in Russia? i don't know, I just know of it from watching a movie... kinda sad really.

So what if China's army is growing. Their leaders arn't stupid or crazy.

and who knows, maybe we'll get around to those other countries on your list.

wow and i started this by just commenting on swphreak's avatar... who said the thread destroyers are disbanded?

anyway everyone know's we're gonna cause more terrorist attacks and still leave North Korea to its nukes. Heck no one cares if North Korea attacks us. we're invading Iraq only because Iraq has muslims...

(DUH!)

um..... I'm gonna ignore that comment......

You wanna know what's sad? There are people in Iraq that don't want to be "freed" from Saddam. They would rather die by his hand some way rather than be "freed" from him.

See here

And we're trying to help tham... and kill Saddam I think we should just kill Saddam, destrioy the weapons or whatever, and leave the Iraqis alone, they don't want us there.

pbguy - i suggest you get your facts straight.

1. LotR was shot in New Zealand, not Australia

2. Why is the USA dealing with a situation where they BELIEVE WMD to be rather than dealing with a situation where they KNOW WMD to be?

3. I did not, at any time, mention genocide nor did i infer it

Phreak - you have to remember these people have been living under Saddam for decades, and some people find change difficult to cope with. Some people even wanted communism back after the collapse of the CCCP in 91, and after Stalin's death a lot of people were upset!

I hate Saddam and think that he needs to be disposed of quickly, but invading Iraq just to do that IS WRONG. This crap about disarming Iraq is a complete farce, an excuse to get rid of Saddam and gain control of Iraq.

1. oops... it was a joke anyway :)

2. We started this BEFORE No. Korea started up their nuke factories.

I hate Saddam and think that he needs to be disposed of quickly, but invading Iraq just to do that IS WRONG. This crap about disarming Iraq is a complete farce, an excuse to get rid of Saddam and gain control of Iraq.

Obviously you aren't following anything where we have denied this. It'd be a little tough to control anything in the mideast quite frankly. they're all f'n nuts over there.

Archived