Home

resource system for GB2?

Heavyarms

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think resources should respawn somewhat cuz.... in the last RM game I played, we ended up a Stalemate. I didn't have any resources and my enemy had none either.

And you don't charge a fortress. You attack it with Cannons from a distance. Or if you have a couple of ACs and are willing to sacrifice 1 or 2, they'll take a chunk out of the fortress.

Respawn- I dunno...seems too easy... You have trading also you know...if you have an ally but with the trade city idea it shouldn't be any problem.

Fortress- Lol! You really don't know what to do! It's soooo easy to beat a fortress. You just use your pummel and let them take the hits while protecting them from mounties and having cannons shooting from afar. Geez...

This brings up an interesting point - who thinks there should still be a fortress-like building in SWGB2? At the moment the Fortress provides you with the unique unit, which will be integrated into the other unique units in SWGB2. So is there a point to having a big defensive structure? We don't see anything like it in the movies. If turrets were made slightly stronger it would make up for not having the presence of the fortress. Any ideas?

Yes interesting. Never thought about it.

Fortresses are indeed useful but they really do not fit. And with SWGB2's unique unit set(most probable) we won't have the need of a place to build unique units.

hmm...

I dunno.

Keep them as purely defensive structures?

Or getting rid of them?

Either way seems to give some disadvantages and advantages.

I don't know this is a tough question!

With Fortresses, i think they shouldnt be able to build any units, be smaller, less hp's, less firepower, cost less, garrison less, but build a lot quicker and have a much larger LOS. They should also be renamed 'Outposts'.

With Resources, i like the idea in RoN where resources dont run out, BUT you can only have a limited number of workers on each forest/mountiin (mine) - and yes, i know i spelt it wrong.

This not only gives you a constant stream of resources, it also forces you to expand in order to increase the amount of resources you can get.

Windu- Nice idea. It looks like a turret really much but maybe it can replace a standard turret or be a bigger stronger form. That's nice!

Ressource discussion is over I think...

Joes- We can have to type of turrets, one ground one AA but they're both laser.

This only depends on aircrafts. If they're beefed up, missile turrets must be kept. If they're kept the same way, turbolasers are good.

And sith's right...

Flight Sim not RTS. And of course AA turrets shoot at all types of Aircrafts!

OFF-TOPIC

I never really saw the Rogue Squadron serie as Flight sims. They are too arcade...anybody feel that way?

Well I think Fortresses should go. Your "Fortress" should be your whole base - a load of buildings surrounded by walls and turrets.

I think there should still be ground turrets and aa turrets, even though we see nothing like this in the movies. Alternatively different civs could have their turrets combined or separate.

I think the command center should be able to shoot ground and air.

Joes- instead of having to post all types of aircraft, you can just post should be able to shoot air...

I dunno why?

CC are supposed to be well...weak...they can defend themselves but they are weak. It's makes them stronger then they're supposed to be.

And well yes Fortress can be '' your base surrounded with walls and turrets'' but since walls are rarely used(and I think for SWGB2 they won't be used so much although present).

It sorta stinks once the aircraft gets past your fortresses and anti-air turrents you in trouble because bombers can destroy your command center without anti-air attack from a command center. The fighters can take out anti-air troopers or mobiles plus all your workers. That is really bad especially if you are tech level 1,2, or even 3. Command Centers should have anti-air in my opinion.

I really don't like how fortresses are portrayed in this game. They shoot one laser and it takes forever to destroy pummels, a bunch of mounties, or assualt mechs. The Empire's fortress is messed up because if you are attacked by squadron Advanced X-wings and Advanced Y-wings you are severely damaged or it is destroyed in tech level 3 or tech level 4. The only way you can improve weapons is to garrison units in the fortress. To really use the attack of it you have to garrison 20 units in it. It is still weak.

The Fortress is too big a building to do nothing but shoot. Perhaps it could still build Bounty Hunters and maybe if they are included it would build Officers.

The other problem I see with the Fortress is that it is sooo generic. Everyone will have to have it or it won't be fair.

But the fact that makes me dislike the fortress the most is that it isn't in the movies.

Fine we'll get back on topic.

Does anyone object to the following resource system:

Food - From Farms, Animal Nurseries, hunted wild animals, fish.

Carbon - From Trees and Carbon Rocks

Ore (metallic, not bright purple) - from Ore Deposits

Credits - From trading with allies, resource exchanging, and mining rare resources such as Plasma, Tibanna Gas and Spice.

None of the resources respawn, though farms and fish are unlimited. Perhaps different civs might have ways of generating more resources, like the Confederacy can build an underground mine to get a trickle of ore, Gungans can build fish farms to get a trickle of food, Republic's Jedi can meditate to get a trickle of credits, etc...

Archived