Home

Emporers tomb PC... my thoughts

GregD

Right been playing the game most of this afternoon still on first chapter... Graphics much improved since infernal machine, control system is very difficult compared to infernal machine but is still usable. Particularly the camera movement with the mouse you cant seem to make the camera only view behind him it goes all the way around and is quite awkward.

Music is pretty stunning... the fighting scenes are excellent I love it as a feature.

So far it get 8/10 for me.

yeah i'd agree with you.

i've just finished the first chapter and the controls are very awkward....was Infernal Machine 3rd person?

disappointed in the max resolution being 1280*960 .....

my biggest complaint (if it continues in the vein of the first level) is the 'dumming down' of the puzzles...

the sound effects (on max. volume) also seem a bit subdued. when indy runs over stones you hardly hear his footsteps

score is fine, graphics look a bit 'consoley' to me.....

I'll see how it continues in the next level....

have fun!

Resolution isnt much of a concern for me... im playing it on a 32inch TV from TV out of my PC so I have to have it on 800x600. Sound i didnt notice much either because I use floorstanding cinema speakers which pack a punch anyway. Just finished the second chaper... few more puzzle based things this time less platform but still lots of chain swinging lots of jumps etc.

Infernal machine was third person but you didnt control the camera if I remember so it was much easier to control. There should be a camera lock funtion on emporers tomb, it would be much better.

The graphics are stunning on the second chapter the outside scene detail is incredible. The fight scenes still very well done im learning new moves all the time like getting someone in headlock.

Another quarm I have is you cant save the game... so you end up going back to the begining of the level which is very annoying if you miss that last jump or chain. Still I guess it adds to longetivity.

yeah, i don't recall having any control issues with Infernal Machine. it is a pain with emperors tomb especially near walls and the fact that A & D keys are for 'turn left/right' rather than sidestep left/right which i think would help.

anyway, turned difficulty setting to hard to get rid of the assist icons.

the save comment you make i also agree with. I must have played the beginning of the dungeon level in prague about a dozen times before i finally got the whip to latch onto the hook..........ggrrrrggghhhh.

the fight scenes are good. indy is a multi-talented guy - fantastic archeologist and great boxer (he fights like Mike Tyson use to :D )

Emporers Tomb is great!! I've been playing it for 3 days now, and am to Hong Kong. The Camera just takes some getting use too, though a look would be nice, But I'm a big fan of 3rd person games(I find the 1st person games so limited in what you can do.) The Score is amazing nothing short of a movie qualitiy, and they seem to take the weapons much more seriously(They pack a punch and you don't run around with 5 million rounds.)

I wish the Playstation 2 version came out in March or April 2003. I have a PC but my processor is only a PIII 667 and I only have a 8MB video card. It stinks. Hopefully, May will come real fast. I have been looking forward to buying a good Lucasarts game for my playstation 2.

Hi fellas. Question is for those who have completed the Istanbul level.

Where is the map to be found in the underwater city?; that's where you've acquired the Oxygen tank so you can swim longer underwater.....

And yes, my pet peeve in this game is that there are no in-game saves:mad: and the camera isn't all that great when it comes to close corners (Splinter Cell excelled at this)

Well done lucas arts this game is everything infernal machine was and much more.

have been playing on and off now for about a week due to the fact that although I like the game, the fact that there is no instant load to the begining of the level is really starting to bug me and I just turn the entire thing off instead of waiting ages for that lovely menu system to load. I don't even mind that there is no quicksave option but why couldn't they just have included an instant load, WHY??!!!? :swear:

Archived