Home

How do you think they should make the next Star Wars game?

nycgamer

Assuming you’ve played all of the ones that have already been out, what would you have changed about any of them? Or is there a game concept that they haven’t done yet that you think they should have, like a new game about Han and Chewie, or something?

Full fledged Fleet battling. None of this pathetic ground wars like GB and FoCom. No...we need full sized fleets matching up against each other and officers with customization. Organize your fleets, get promotions. I have a discription around here somewhere...

*goes to grab it*

my dream game would be a super fleet thriller.

Three starting points

Pilot of Starfighter

Captain of small frigate

Admiral of small fleet.

In each of these three positions you can work your way to the top...or refuse promotions and stay where you are. Say if you were a starfighter Colnel and commander of a Wing of Fighters and they wanted to pomote you to General and it requires you behind the command of a Star Destroyer, you could refuse it and stay where you are or you can get promoted to command several ships and fight the war from that perspective. As time progresses your skills are inhanced just like any RPG, you can choose special skills for your commanders to have like say "Increase forward battery firepower" or "We shall double our efforts." Then you can put points into these skills to inhance them so they will be more effective in battle. It would have a campaign with storyline, but it would also have an open ended campaign that involves taking your basic character through an infinate amount of mission that are randomly generated as you progress. Then you can also play online with up to 16 players. They will control various aspects of the navy which is why clans can flourish in this game. If they have a good Admiral plus maybe one or two good captains and the rest good pilots they are set for some bashing. All characters they have created on the SP campaigns can be imported and will gain experiance in the MP venue too.

So far, the only Star Wars game I've really loved has been Rogue Leader. It's the only one that really reminds me of the movies. There were so many amazing scenes in those movies that could be used in the games, like the speeder bike chase in Return of the Jedi.

I really want them to take the Splinter Cell game engine, because it's the perfect stealth-action engine, and use it for a bounty hunter game, or a Han-solo game. Anyone who has played Splinter Cell knows it could be well adapted to a bounty hunter.

X-Wing Alliance 2 is what I'm hoping for. Another X-Wing game would be nice. I love that series...except X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

Sadly, it's highly unlikely that there will be a new XW game. The production team didn't even get to finish XWA and didn't get to publish the X-pack that finished it (and added some stuff, too). LEC chose to make some PATHETIC EP 1 games instead of a game that's a CLASSIC and would have sold much better. Stupid capitalist fundamentalists.. :(

Originally posted by nycgamer

I really want them to take the Splinter Cell game engine, because it's the perfect stealth-action engine, and use it for a bounty hunter game, or a Han-solo game. Anyone who has played Splinter Cell knows it could be well adapted to a bounty hunter.

Sorry ~ I hate to quote myself, but speaking of Han Solo, aka Harrison Ford, and Splinter Cell, there is a debate going on over at the Splinter Cell site (http://www.splintercell.com/us/) about what actor should play Sam Fisher in a Splinter Cell movie. I would say Harrison Ford, since he's my favorite actor of all time, but unfortunately he's too old now ~ he would even say so himself (as he did when he turned down the role for Gladiator). So, I voted for George Clooney. What do you guys think?

Archived