Home

Chat: Strang things happening on Tatoone

Wraith 5

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey i got you email and just sent you 2 (sorry i am changing my mind all the time.)

OK i see you have past to of the things i ask for (you do have a fully made pc, and the group doesn't seem to mind)

The only other consern i have is if you are a level 1 pc or not.

everyone else is level 1 and the game was writen for 8-10 1st level pc. If you are not level 1 or maybe level 2 you would be at a great advantage and may get board.

Most go to class now be back in 1 hour.

Originally posted by mijtechboy

CRAP! My GM has my stats sheet. I only know the physical parameters of Eets'chula, I don't remember anything else.

We might want to take this conversation to another thread...this is kind of for people who are disscussing what they are gonna do in game....I'll go ask you a question about this in a different thread....

Wraith I'm gonna need to argue a point with you.

I don't think Thrawn (or anyone) should get a DS point just from being cautious of an unknown person approaching them. Granted a Saber would be more apropriate to use, but I think its HOW he uses it. If he tries to go straight for a head shot then, he should recieve a DS point, but what if he was gonna shoot something to make it fall on her or take her leg out? I think it all depends on what he does with it. :) But thats my PoV, your the GM though

OK now i am not giving a dsp to thrawn right now. All i wanted to point out is that is you perpare a weapon to kill you could be using the darkside.

Also i said i was a little more picky about force users than i am about any other class. Because they use the force more then other classes.

I really don't see why jedi don't carry blasters with stun settings. Stun would be the best thing you could use, you will disable the person, but that person will not die. And i was saying is that for a jedi, if you are going to use a blaster you should use it in most cases as a stun weapon not a kill weapon.

And just to make sure all is clear...

I will NOT be giving thrawn a dsp.

Guest Gamma732

I think we should find out who she's running from before attempting to help her.

She needs her ship repaired.....why couldn't you stick with that Xexto Mechanic Kvan??? ;)

Originally posted by Gamma732

I think we should find out who she's running from before attempting to help her.

She needs her ship repaired.....why couldn't you stick with that Xexto Mechanic Kvan??? ;)

:( Well who else has a high repair skill? I know someone I helped make does..

Shouldn't you only gain a DSP by actually doing something? Pointing a gun at someone and actually doing it are two different things.

Take for example my characters latest actions. Right now he's still pointing his blaster at the woman and hinting that it might be more profitable to turn her over to her pursuers. If it turns out she's the "good guy", and the people chasing her are really bad people, then actually doing it would likely gain Voushh a darkside point. But right now he doesn't really know what's going on, and even if he did it might simply be a bargaining point. Until he actually turns her over to her enemies, I don't think he would get a DSP.

Besides didn't Luke use a blaster for two movies? I'm not sure what the difference is between cutting someone in two and shooting them, but either one is deadly;)

I guess I'm just saying that I wouldn't think that just being on his guard (especially in a place like Tatooine) would get even a Jedi a DSP. But that's just my opinion, the Gamemaster is always right after all. And the Jedi of the Rise of the Empire era were different, so I could see where he might get a DSP. It's a really grey area... maybe he should get a Grey Side Point;)

Originally posted by General Nilaar

Shouldn't you only gain a DSP by actually doing something? Pointing a gun at someone and actually doing it are two different things.

Take for example my characters latest actions. Right now he's still pointing his blaster at the woman and hinting that it might be more profitable to turn her over to her pursuers. If it turns out she's the "good guy", and the people chasing her are really bad people, then actually doing it would likely gain Voushh a darkside point. But right now he doesn't really know what's going on, and even if he did it might simply be a bargaining point. Until he actually turns her over to her enemies, I don't think he would get a DSP.

Besides didn't Luke use a blaster for two movies? I'm not sure what the difference is between cutting someone in two and shooting them, but either one is deadly;)

I guess I'm just saying that I wouldn't think that just being on his guard (especially in a place like Tatooine) would get even a Jedi a DSP. But that's just my opinion, the Gamemaster is always right after all. And the Jedi of the Rise of the Empire era were different, so I could see where he might get a DSP. It's a really grey area... maybe he should get a Grey Side Point;)

I agree, he needs to commit the evil act to get a DSP.

Wriath how much are you gonna tell them about the Darkside? Just the DSP system? I would tell you guys now but I'm not sure how much wraith wants you to know. Sometimes its better if you don't know some of the gaming mechanics :)

Originally posted by Wraith 5

Ok you win and you are right.

The get a darkside point you would have to commet an action not just think you should do it.

Kvan are you talking about using the darkside of the force (like in dice rolls???)

Yeah the game mechanics for the Darkside. Like when do you "turn", what advantages DSP give you and how it eats away at you. Stuff like that

I don't know...

It is not something that is important at the moment...

I think maybe later, we have a lot of new people right now and i don't want to give out info that is not needed with this many people who are just trying to learn the main part of the game.

OK people i just wanted to explain for for the rules to you.

masta used his Empathy skill to try and feel the woman's emotions. This is a cross check against the woman's will saving throw. As you can tell the throw was sucessful. All force skills and feats cost the user something. In this case empathy cost te user 1 vitality point. So masta untill you rest your vp is now at 9

Also for everyone...

Most of the time i don't tell players this but since I have mostly a new crew, i will tell you. Sometimes i use a degress of success when checks are made. You won't ever learn less then you should with this system, but you may learn things you weren't trying to do. Or in some cases you may fell/hear/sence something but may not be able to conferm that.

ok, sorry guys. My internet was down for a while then i've been busy with some other things and the demo and all so i didn't even see this thread. I'll start soon, as soon as i can find where you are playing that is.

Guest Gamma732

Sorry everyone...things have been insane the past few days. If you ever have to give a speech in front of your entire town, you'll know how I feel :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm kinda behind in this, so what should I do?

Unfortunately I won't be able to get back on till later tomorrow, but after tomorow I should be back on regularly :)

Our first battle...

This is how battles will work....

rpg's are turn based so to keep that alive this is what i will do. At the start of every battle i will post a list of everyone in the battle. this is the order of which you attack. You should not post untill everyone on the list has posted.

So what you do in battle. Pick a weapon yo wish to fight with. And a person you wish to use it on. Discibe what you will do up to the point of if you get a hit or not and i will fill inthe rest. There are other things you can do, like use feats or move the get a clear shot. If you think you have something like that you would reather use, but don't know if you can, post it here and i will tell you if that would work.

So kvan it looks like you are up first

Archived