Home

Possible rework of older LucasArts titles?

A'Sharad

Lo.

I was recently thinking about the older LucasArts title Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe that I own. The game is on 3.5 disks which are well past their last collective leg. I know that LucasArts has come out with past titles "revamped" for the more current machines/operating systems (ala XWing and Tie Fighter) - Might there be a possibility that such may/will be true for older flight sim favorites like SWotL or Battlehawks 1942?

I ask as I have tried to reinstall Secret Weapons on my currect machine running XP and, let us say, it didn't work. :deathstar

Thanks.

Well, I don't think that a revamp/update of SWL or the other existing WWII games is in the works (or will be, for that matter), but LucasArts is currently developing a brand-new WWII flight combat sim, which we know almost nothing about so far :). Hopefully more will be revealed in the next month or so.

Oooh, thanks for the reply.

That is a bit of good news, will keep my eyes peeled for more.

Given how much I enjoyed the past period flight sims from LA, I'd say it is money this next would be worth my time.

W00t.

Okay, here's the Press Release from last year. Basically everything we know about the game comes from this, but hopefully it will be shown at this year's E3 convention in mid-May (Several Mixnmojo/LFNework staffers will be attending the event). Anyway, thanks for the question, and welcome to the forums :).

• 5 weeks later...

Archived