Home

The Walking Contradictions

Guybrush122

Originally posted by BlackBaron

Now, to Guybrush...

I don't mean to be rude, but...

CONGRATULATIONS, you've just described EVERY SINGLE GOVERMENT IN THE WORLD!!!

um...yeah.

Does that mean that you hate all countires in the world?

i hate corrupt government. especially the kind that can so very easily be straightened out but doesnt.

Evil lies within man, so all goverments are corrupted,

no

all systems have flaws and there are unfair things happening everywhere in this world...

bingo

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (since I don't live in the US some of the following things may not be completely right):

In your country, as long as I know, you get a decent FREE education until highschool, don't you?

You can live decently even if you sweep streets for a living, don't you?

If you don't live very well, you know that if you work hard at least your children will have that chance, don't you?

All education is free untill college, but the education they give us is crap. There is such a thing as private schooling which is a school that you pay for, in which case you pay to be taught crap. And, no, we can NOT live decently even if we sweep streets (or if we are janitors or what not). That's NOT true. Unless you get a college education, you're screwed. I know a lot of janitors who work three jobs and can't even afford an apartment outside of alphabet city. Also, if we work really hard, our kids won't get much of a chance. Why? College is really really really really really expensive. If you sweep streets for a living your kid has no chance at all unless he gets a damn fine scholarship.

Oppression? how your goverment opress people in your country? (if you mean people form other countries, then you're damn right)

Yes, people from other countries especially. But people from here as well. Try being a minority in the US. Not fun.

So, don't tell me you hate your country just because some guys were bothering you at school for your ideas.

I don't hate my country because of those guys. I hate my country for what I said.

Furthermore: I'm not saying there aren't coutnries a lot ****tier than the US, I'm just saying the US is pretty damn ****ty. And you think that the gov't here doesn't kill people who protest? Please.

Oh, and it automatically does **** when i say bad words...censorship. Yay.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say the goverment doesn't kill people who protest, I'm sure it does, every goverment does. But they don't kill EVERY ONE who try to protest, do they?, I mean, I saw all those protest against the war on TV, they ignore them of course, but of all the people who protested how many died fo that?

About education, in most countries, if you are poor most probably you don't have the chance even to get a crap education, at most you learn to read and write (not well BTW), actually, in most countries you don't get that, even if you are rich (my point is: crap and a chance to grab books and learn by yourself is much better than nothing at all).

Believe me, I know many people who left some latin america countries, where they didn't have any chance to survive, and went to the US, where they at least found a chance to get a job (even as janitors) and gain enough money to send to their families. Even if they don't live in the best of the conditions, they do live a LOT better than they did in their original countries. I know many latin american families who had really improved the quality of their lives in the US, something they couldn't even dream of in their original countries. So it may not happen to everyone, but it happens, while in most countries, it doens't happen at all.

Now that you say it and I think about it, it's true, US goverment does opress minorities in your country (but what are minorities now, may not be minorities in the future).

Anyway, my point here wasn't to defend the US goverment (I agree with your opinion about it), my point was showing you that even being that way, most US population still lives better (note that I said "better", wich not necessarily means "good") than most of the population of most of the other countries in the world (even if it seems you already know that).

If you think you'll live better in other country, like Nehterlands, because stuff like that doesn't happen, you're wrong, believe me, it still happens (of course, maybe in less grade). You may live better there just because you won't notice it's happening (since it may not get all the publicity it gets in the US), but again, believe me, it is (I would know, I've been there).

You may not believe me, but ALL goverments ARE corrupted, and the fact that you say "i hate corrupt government" still means to me that you hate every single goverment in this world.

And here was me thinking this was laid to rest.

Can we just drop it now; we have different opinions, no surprise there. You can't stop Guybrush from doing this so don’t try. You’ve given your opinions, so let’s all leave it alone.

There, I’ve said it.

Hmm...since I didn't follow the topic, and I don't feel like reading everything (how bored do you think I am?), I'm gonna just say something completely off-topic, it should be ignored and I should get banned for it but I cant help i gotta ask it...

AG, why is your custom title in Dutch? (Verloren=lost)

Well, well!

Hm well in my opinion, GB, you really must have expected trouble going out wearing a shirt like that. For a start, any item of clothing with profanity on it is hardly suitable for school, where there are going to be younger children around, etc..

Did you put on that shirt with the intention of people seeing it and reacting? Then that's what you got. They saw, they reacted. In fact, your message wasn't just, "I hate the War" but also, "I hate America." Now not to justify the other kids behaviour, but it's their country also and they're probably going to be very proud of it. So why go out and advertise your hate for their country? It's not about being oppressed or not being allowed to air your views. It's about feelings. Freedom of speech, for instance, would not excuse you from going out onto a street and screaming, "I HATE MY NEIGHBOUR, HE'S UGLY AND SMELLS!" . That would just be starting trouble, which I believe you were doing. I'm sorry but from your story, that's the impression I got and I admit I could be wrong.

GB I don't mean to diss you I'm just explaining why your actions, however well you meant, were taken badly by these people and also probably upset other people. However, those boys do just sound like troublemakers and just wanted to make fun of WHATEVER was written on your shirt that day.

Okay secondly, this has turned into a horrible thread. Everybody, please, calm down! Political opinions to oneself! I didn't know there was so much underlying hate in this forum :(

Well, I don't know about other people, but even if I may have been hard on some stuff I don't hate anyone (except for some rulers of some countrires... and not just the president you're probably thinking about ;) ) But I surely don't hate anyone on this forum, specially because I don't really know them.

Originally posted by Yufster

Okay secondly, this has turned into a horrible thread. Everybody, please, calm down! Political opinions to oneself! I didn't know there was so much underlying hate in this forum :(

umm, haven't you just contributed to this "horrible thread", one that i believe has been dead for a while now (or at least long enough to be forgotten) before being revived again. meh, whatever, if you want to argue somo more, go right ahead.

this forum is the most political forum I think

in the entire lucas forums universe.

when do any of you actually find the time

to play lucas arts games?

anyhow this is for you GB122:

[align=center]

Change

Don't you ever wonder why

nothing ever seems to change

If it does, it's for the worse,

seems it's just a modern curse

Sometimes when I take a peek

outside of my little cage

Everyone looks so asleep

will they die before they wake

and Hey,

don't you know

We're just products of our time

and Hey,

what do you say

Show me yours,

I'll show you mine

Better dumb and happy than

smart and without any friends

Better cute and better loud,

better join up with the crowd

Keep up or be left behind,

there's a dust storm in my mind

Seems I can't see straight these days

doesn't matter anyway

and Hey, don't you know

(Ooh, la la-la)

We're just products of our time

(La la la la la-la la la)

and Hey, what do you say

(Ooh, la la-la)

Show me yours,

I'll show you mine

(La la la la la-la la la)

Hey, what do you say

Hey, what do you say

Please don't ever

Oh, God, here's that question now

The one that makes me go insane

I'd gladly tear my heart out

If you never, never, never,

never Change

Do you want to change?

Do you want to change right now?

Do you want to change?

I like my stupid life

just the way it is

And I wouldn't even change it

for a thousand flying pigs

And I like you

just the way you are

I like your face

just the way it is

And I wouldn't even trade it

for a herd of screaming kids

And I like you

just the way you are

I like you,

though you may not like me back

I would dazzle you with brilliance

if I only had the knack

Cause I like you

just the way you are

I like this life

just the way it is

And the castles all around me

have been melting now for years

And it kills my brain to think

of all the time I wasted here

All the effort, sweat,

and broken hearts,

the screaming and the tears

And I'm dreaming again

And I'm dreaming again

And I'm dreaming again...

I'm dreaming again

And I'm dreaming again

I'm dreaming again

And I'm dreaming again

I'm dreaming again

And I'm dreaming again

Floating in a pool of mud,

trying to get back where I was

and I don't really care

Got a little talking-to

by the mirror in my room

and I don't really care

Whispering voices from the dead

come from underneath my bed

and I don't really care

I like my stupid life

just the way it is

And the chaos that surrounds me

like a flock of screaming pigs

And it hurts my brain to think

of all the stupid things I've said

And if I could change the future,

I would change the past instead

And I'm dreamin' again

And I'm dreamin' again

And I'm dreamin' again

And I'm dreamin' again

(Speaking)

Woman: Well, well who else did you know?

What other famous people did you know?

Man: Oh, uh, you name 'em.

Woman: Yes,

Man: I went to, uh South American

with Richard Nixon.

Woman: Oh, yes?

Man: I went to uh...

South America...

Woman: Richard Nixon!?

Man: And it..

and it really wasn't that funny.

Heh...