Home

Sound in MI2

Burge

Ok, I'm playing MI2 through the MI Madness CD and all was going well until today when sound completely cut out. No music or sound effects. MI plays sound perfectly and MI2 gives me sound when I run it under Quick and Easy. Can anyone help? Thanks.

best thing to do is basically get everything if you don't already have it, Q&E, SCUMMVM and VDM sound. if you haven't got these then get them. if you need the links, just say so and i'll post them (or some kind person will get here before me and do so). then it should work. if you do already have all this then i don't know what to say.

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Remember that saved games from the originals and those made with scummvm arent compatible.

Yeah, that was my point in reply to RemiO's question.

The wierd thing is that sound is working when I play MI 1 through the MI Madness CD, and MI 2's sound used to be working, but now I get nothing. Must have been something that I did to throw it out of whack. But what...

have you recently upgraded your system, i know windows xp and me won't allow sound on mi2 (but it will on mi1 because the music there are actually CD music tracks). yes, it is frustrating that saved games saved before using scummvm don't work, but your just going to have to live with that i'm afraid.

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

have you recently upgraded your system, i know windows xp and me won't allow sound on mi2 (but it will on mi1 because the music there are actually CD music tracks). yes, it is frustrating that saved games saved before using scummvm don't work, but your just going to have to live with that i'm afraid.

I was playing MI2 on XP, with sound, up until a few days ago and then it just conked out on me. Buggered if I can explain it.

Archived