Home

end of civilization

griff38

The nation of Iraq is a modern creation, but the people who have lived there for the last 5 to 8000 years are some of our earliest civilized ancestors. There were many firsts in Iraq. Some of the earliest human artifacts come from here.

I mean what if looter stole the U.S. constitution or the Liberty Bell?

It's a tragedy for all of us and all humans who will come some day that this has happened.Salon article

Guess who will be remembered as the cause of this, not the Iraqis.

what i dont get is why iraq. Libya has done worse things to it's people than Iraq. i think it's because they have nothing we need/ needed. where as gas prices were going up. bush declared america to get its oil from alaska ( oil located on a national park and animal reserve) then suddenly we need more oil, then we go to war with Iraq.

and yes i agree with you yet again Griff.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

what i dont get is why iraq. Libya has done worse things to it's people than Iraq. i think it's because they have nothing we need/ needed. where as gas prices were going up. bush declared america to get its oil from alaska ( oil located on a national park and animal reserve) then suddenly we need more oil, then we go to war with Iraq.

and yes i agree with you yet again Griff.

Still blaming it on the oil? :rolleyes: In case you havn't noticed, the rest of the world would NOT let us take that oil no matter what considering that the FRENCH owns most of it. Not the US, the French.

Also, why go to war on Libya when we KNOW that Saddam has had WMD and Chem weapons in the past. Do you think he just let it all just waste away?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

what i dont get is why iraq. Libya has done worse things to it's people than Iraq.

Would you still have been against the war if it had been Libya instead of Iraq?

Your right.... "griff38" It is really terrible that the museum was ransacked by Iraqis. Being the big fan of history that I am. Iraqis see it as a symbol of the Government not of there past. America will be remembered for that even though Americans didn't do it. America will also be remembered as the country who took out Saddam..

As for a looter stilling the U.S. constitution. I would say get rid of the dam thing. It's time for a brand new start. It was written by guys who owned slaves and sexist bigots.. It is only effective if taken by it's exact words, but it was only meant for white upper class men.

when we KNOW that Saddam has had WMD and Chem weapons in the past

"In the past" being the key phrase. If Saddam still had those weapons, why the hell didn't he use them on the army invading his country with the stated intent of taking him out? Saddam either doesn't have these weapons (which would mean the administration lied to the American people, congress and the UN), or Saddam wasn't quite so eager to use them against the US as he was made out to be. Either way, this war had and has no litigimacy.

And the Iraqi oil contracts (which are mostly with Russia, not France, if I remember right) are null and void. Those deals were made with the Iraqi government, which no longer exists. And the Administration has pretty much said that no non-coalition countries would get a piece of the oil pie.

And if it's not about oil... then why was the Ministry of Oil protected instead of... the Ministry of Planning, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Irrigation, the Ministry of Trade, the Ministry of Industry, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Information, the Baghdad Archeological Museum, the library (containing one of the largest collection of Medieval Middle-East writings in the world), the banks and the hospitals?

I wouldn't say it's all about the Oil... it's also about lining Halliburton's pockets with a rebuilding contract (which you can bet will be done piss poorly, so that Halliburton can keep plenty of the money) and pouring more money into the Military Industrial Complex. Also about making America and the world in general a much nastier place so that they can justify the whittling away of our civil rights.

America will be remembered for that even though Americans didn't do it.

America was complacent, if nothing else. And let's not forget that if there had been no illegal, unjustified war waged against a disarmed sovereign nation by the world's largest superpower--then we would still have all of these antiquities. I'm sure history won't forget.

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

"In the past" being the key phrase. If Saddam still had those weapons, why the hell didn't he use them on the army invading his country with the stated intent of taking him out? Saddam either doesn't have these weapons (which would mean the administration lied to the American people, congress and the UN), or Saddam wasn't quite so eager to use them against the US as he was made out to be. Either way, this war had and has no litigimacy.

Take into consideration that he could have been killed in that quick strike on the very first night...

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

America was complacent, if nothing else. And let's not forget that if there had been no illegal, unjustified war waged against a disarmed sovereign nation by the world's largest superpower--then we would still have all of these antiquities. I'm sure history won't forget.

Dam I thought you guys died out with the end of the war? It was a legal, justified war waged against a illegal, oppressive dictatorship... Everyone likes to say Bush is a illegal President, but I don't recall him wining the campaign by 99.9% of the votes like Saddam did year after year.. That's ok right as long as it's Saddam lol......

Get rid of the constitution? I don't think that is a good idea.

I hate to agree with griff38 and jedimonk but they are correct.

Griff38, are you the cheater who kept saying he was gonna humiliate me on the ads ffa the other night? Why don't you come back over there and try that crap again.

We will see who gets humiliated.

Originally posted by Strake

Griff38, are you the cheater who kept saying he was gonna humiliate me on the ads ffa the other night? Why don't you come back over there and try that crap again.

We will see who gets humiliated.

Right. I might refer you to here for this sort of talk, but I dont think it's tolerated there either...

In any case, keep your JK2 vendettas out of the Senate, please...

Archived