Home

GoldGuy Animation For JA

StormHammer

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I dearly hope that in the future they make a custom in-house engine to continue the JK series on... Raven is excellent, but LEC just seems to have that extra magic touch with games... And it'd be cool to have them making their own Jedi ones again :D

Hmmm....I think that's highly debatable, considering they developed their own engine for Obi-Wan, which was originally intended for PC. That engine didn't come close to what Raven have achieved with a modified Q3. And the situation is even tougher now, with the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry, Doom III and now Half-life 2 on the horizon. The whole bar has been raised in terms of graphics, and developing a decent engine takes considerable development time.

I also think it would rock if we ever get to see a cameo of Golden Guy in a JK game - I never got around to trying out the Max easter egg in JK, but I know it'd be awesome if we could have one of LEC's own giving us a hand in one level :D

You WHAT!?! You never picked up Max?!? :eyeraise:

*pokes Wacky through the screen*

Shame on you - go and play it at once! :D j/k

Posted by StormHammer

Hmmm....I think that's highly debatable, considering they developed their own engine for Obi-Wan, which was originally intended for PC. That engine didn't come close to what Raven have achieved with a modified Q3. And the situation is even tougher now, with the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Far Cry, Doom III and now Half-life 2 on the horizon. The whole bar has been raised in terms of graphics, and developing a decent engine takes considerable development time.

Ah.. Hum... Yes.. Well... Erm...... *runs :D*

I knew nothing at all about Obi-Wan until I heard about it from peeved JKII-ers, so I've never been up-to-scratch with the facts on that one :(

I suppose that with people like Raven practically making their own engines out of standard ones anyway, there's little point to creating a dedicated JK one from scratch... I still think it'd be nice if they did, but as long as the games continue to be good[excellent], I shan't complain :)

You WHAT!?! You never picked up Max?!? :eyeraise:

*pokes Wacky through the screen*

Shame on you - go and play it at once! :D j/k

ROFL - I just knew you'd say something like that :D

I haven't even reinstalled it since I changed operating systems last year, but I've been thinking about it for a while now... I suppose it couldn't hurt to go and find Max before JA comes out :D

Originally posted by Wakke Bacce

I haven't even reinstalled it since I changed operating systems last year, but I've been thinking about it for a while now... I suppose it couldn't hurt to go and find Max before JA comes out :D [/b]

yo, "Find him and destroy him" agent smith

No offense,StormHammer,but I don't see what's funny with that.But it's quite interesting to see...the Gold Man wielding dual sabres doing a Dark Jedi pose?I'd say it's cool.

Probably they'll make that the opening scene for Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy.Maybe?Anything goes....

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

No offense,StormHammer,but I don't see what's funny with that.

No offense taken. I guess I was just in the mood for a laugh - I've been a bit down lately - and when I saw that it just cracked me up. :p

Opening scene? You mean like the credits? Yeah, that would rock. :D

Archived