Home

max amount of polygons....?

skater_craigd

Hey tehre, its been ages since ive come here but yeah, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the maximum amount of polygons one is allowd to use in a Jkii model?

Cause before icarry on anymore i may as well sort out the polygon count, if anyone can help me id be appreciated...

thanks for your time, Craig.

Model so far...

P.S: this is my first proper attempt for a game model

1 i tihnk htis is somehow the wrong forum... dont knwo here its meantto go tho so here does me fine

2 im not a modeller but i tihnk max should be 3500

3 arent you meant to have 3d studio max? cause thats the only one that can compile em to be game compatible sorta tihng?

I thought the max was 3000 poly's for a player model... but the lower the better if your not including LOD`s.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to budget for 3k polys then once the model looks how you want, optimize by getting rid of strips of polys you dont actually need. You `ll be surprised how many can be deleted, personally I saved over 400 polys this way taking the poly count below 2,500

*Beware hair (esp` long) is very expensive on the poly count*

On the GMAX thing I agree with Higginson, just build it then ask someone like KevinCoyle, PsykOSith or Psynex (very helpful chaps!) to put it in game for you

hey thanks guys, glad someone replied it does help...

yeah the Gmax thing, i actually have a copy of 3dstudio max now just ineed to know how to get my model into that :p

ah well life will be cruel! thanks again, a comment on my model so far would be thankful also if u wana cuss it goa head ijust model for fun really...

thank you and bye for now :) craig

My site

I wish i had 3ds max! i cant even download gmax because of my connection. it goes so slow and i get automatically disconnected evry 2 hours! but wen my mate has his new pc up and running he sed he'll get gmax and put it on disc for me. so im happy! hopefully kevincoyle or psyk0sith will help me wen i make my first model. IF i ever get tht far.........

Higginson, then you need something that can resume downloads like GetRight, GoZilla, or Download Accelerator. Do a Google search for them.

As far as I know, the only thing that limits polygons is performance.

Archived