Home

Correct me if I'm wrong...(spoiler)

Hannibal

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by KaBuTaR

Good point... but it would still kinda seem like your mission was to stop her helping the bad guy so that she could overthrow the bad guy, instead of your mission being to stop the bad guy yourself... know what i mean? ;)

I can see what you mean... I suppose it's plausible that something like that might happen. I personally still hope that the main character will be personally responsible for taking down Malak. Sure, I want the rest of the party to play an important part as well, but more as the supporting cast.

I wanna be hero, I wanna, I wanna, I WANNA!

nice little drama you guys have there heh heh

here's my 2 cents, we don't know what sort or experience levels we will be getting to but assuming that for the most part you would want to have ur little "tight 3" so that you would be strong enough later on in the game..

If Bindo is going to die he will die early on or not be available to the group much during the game so that say if you used him all the way till he suddenly got killed late in the game, you wouldn't be left with having to choose some more underpowered options.

I think the ideas on Bastilla are pretty good, and have no doubt that the PC will be the major influence on her path.

Here's the site (page 1 starting character poll, don't have the romance confirmed), it's the forum from bioware. There should be some devs on that forum, I don't know if they are posting here, but it's highly possible since this forum is LucasArts and they did post in some threads in the galacticbattles forum. I don't know if u played Baldurs Gate2 but u could get a relationship in that game. I don't really know what it means, but if u had 2 they could start fighting over u I don't know what u gain with the quest, probably just to make it feel a bit more like real life. Just to answer a few questions I think, maybe just like we've seen Padmé and Anakin or Han and Leia in the movies, maybe Bastilla or Carth will follow u more easily and complain less about your decisions.

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtop...5&forum=26&sp=0

Getting back to the three way relationship thing..well I wouldn't rule something like that out, refering to Baldur's Gate 2(yes, again, heh sorry, it's just easy for me to compare this game to it and it is one of my top 3 favourite games: Fanboy), the PC (if male) had 3 romance options and if you brought along 2 or all of them(which all happen to be elven priest types)there would be some cat fights and eventually you would have to reject one, either very embarrisingly:D or nicely, that's all probably irrelevant tho. There is another situation as well, one of the joinable NPCs will try to romance one of the girls. This sort of happens in parallel until she has to decide, I haven't actually tried this out but I think what happens is depending on how nice u were etc.. she will choose, I think you can come to blows with the other guy and have to kill him.

Anyway a little love triangle is always spices things up, I haven't played FF8, but BG2 wasn't exactly a cinematic style romance, actually ur virtual girl/boy friend in BG2 isn't much bigger than a 25 cent piece on screen, the interaction with ur romance and the chatter between members of ur group is what makes the game feel like ur there, as apposed to say playing Dungeon Seige(disclaimer: I'm not dissing Dungeon Siege:) )

That's the world as I see it today...

Originally posted by Burrie

I can see what you mean... I suppose it's plausible that something like that might happen. I personally still hope that the main character will be personally responsible for taking down Malak. Sure, I want the rest of the party to play an important part as well, but more as the supporting cast.

There is no way they will not have your character be the one to take down Malak.

Video games allow the player to be the hero.

I'm sure they'll keep with that.

Good point... but it would still kinda seem like your mission was to stop her helping the bad guy so that she could overthrow the bad guy, instead of your mission being to stop the bad guy yourself... know what i mean?

Because of the nature of games I doubt you'll be helping her. By the time you get to Malak to overthrow him Bastila could be debilitated or dead(didn't think of that one did you ;)).

Bastila's death could be the thing that pushes a dark PC over the edge<--speculation.

Originally posted by Burrie

There is no way they will not have your character be the one to take down Malak.

Video games allow the player to be the hero.

I'm sure they'll keep with that.

Good point... but it would still kinda seem like your mission was to stop her helping the bad guy so that she could overthrow the bad guy, instead of your mission being to stop the bad guy yourself... know what i mean?

Because of the nature of games I doubt you'll be helping her. By the time you get to Malak to overthrow him Bastila could be debilitated or dead(didn't think of that one did you ;)).

Bastila's death could be the thing that pushes a dark PC over the edge<--speculation.

Because of the nature of games I doubt you'll be helping her. By the time you get to Malak to overthrow him Bastila could be debilitated or dead(didn't think of that one did you ).

EEP! My word, I most definatley wouldn't want that happening... Bindo dying, yes. Bindo being killed by Shan, works for drama. Shan being killed to push PC over the edge... NO! So far, she is slowly already being built up for greatness, as well as a possible romance with her... then again, it would provide for shock value... and Mission Vao and Juhani(shudder) could also provide the romantic subplot... dangerous and disturbing, this speculation is.

It would be Anakin Solo all over again... :crybaby:

Originally posted by Hannibal

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I read this, and the first thing that came to mind was... what if you could possibly romance all the girls? (No, I don't mean all at once, but if you could select one to romance, instead of just having say Bastila the only one you could.)

Anyways, possibly it could be Juhani that falls. If you read her bio in that little scanned thing, she looks more volatile than Bastila does.

The plot thickens...lol.Hopefully it'll keep you guessing,wanting and hopping till the end.I thought it was your actions that determine the out come,regardless if you gotta kill a traitor.I could be wrong.Maybe something you do or don't do will cause problems later on.Its sounds like Wing Commander 3,you knew Hobbes was the trator all along,but still didn't wanna believe it or fight him.It wouldv'e been sooo cool if it was someone else.So,basically,now we gotta be careful whos on our team?This game gets more interesting by the moment.

Originally posted by Uber_Saber

I read this, and the first thing that came to mind was... what if you could possibly romance all the girls? (No, I don't mean all at once, but if you could select one to romance, instead of just having say Bastila the only one you could.)

Anyways, possibly it could be Juhani that falls. If you read her bio in that little scanned thing, she looks more volatile than Bastila does.

yo... that's a good point... she does look much more volatile than Bastila... Bastila seems like the type who'd be on the edge but who would have just enough determination to stay light... she's too good to fall. :p

I'm not too sure about Juhani... she does seem to be the angry one, but then I would expect that she's capable of keeping her anger in check. She HAS been trained as a Jedi Knight, I take it... then again, she does seem to be Dark Side material. A poster boy/girl, if you will.

Still, Juhani almost seems to shout "'oi, look at me, I'm angry. Look at me as I cross the Dark Path!". I think she'll get close to the Dark Side, extremely close('tho Shan might/will go a damn lot over it), but you'll be capable of either holding her in check, making her realise her way(almost like fellow Cathar Jedi Sylvar), or she will fall, and you'd be forced to take her out.

Originally posted by KaBuTaR

True... but i'd still rather not see Bastila fall. She's too good for that. :p

besides... usually it's anger more than arrogance (though arrogance does come into play to some extent) that drops people to the dark side...

I think you both are letting Bastila's looks blind you. ;)

Arrogance can be just as bad as anger maybe worse. Anger can be appeased. How do you stop someone with all those abilities from being arrogant?

She's still a learner yet she is incredibly strong with the Force.

Add to that the fact that she's brash and young. She's the key to saving the republic.

Sounds like someone's big head may cause problems for the Republic(not just Malak's head). :)

Face it guys, she's gone. :p

Her arrogance will be her downfall(and possibly yours too).

lol - her looks?

hehe... i don't know. Juhani seems, like Burrie said, a poster child for the dark side. Which would make it seem a bit cliche to have her fall - everybody would expect it to happen. Bastila, on the other hand, would be up in the air. I just think that she looks too noble (like a Jedi) to go over. But then it could be that she follows you and is influenced by your actions instead of the other way around. who knows? :confused:

hehe... i don't know. Juhani seems, like Burrie said, a poster child for the dark side. Which would make it seem a bit cliche to have her fall - everybody would expect it to happen.

Juhari is pretty much a loose cannon... she'll have issues whom, I think, we'll have to resolve in a subquest. As it is, I already expect pretty much that each character'll have some sort of quest of his own in which we could participate... diminishing Juhari's anger will prolly be hers.

Bastila, on the other hand, would be up in the air. I just think that she looks too noble (like a Jedi) to go over. But then it could be that she follows you and is influenced by your actions instead of the other way around. who knows?

You think she looks too noble? Ah, so you ARE letting her looks blind you :p Anyways, I would like to point out a few things in her biography...

Bastila is brash and impulsive. She is overconfident and seems to walk invincible through her world, though that is hardly the case. Bastila is well aware of the responsibility that presses down on her shoulders. Her Jedi masters urge her to be cautious, but Bastila turns every fiber of her being towards defeating the Sith menace and proving herself to the Jedi. No one doubts that she will one day be a great Jedi... but at what cost? Bastila possesses all the qualities that separate those special few destined to leave their mark on history, but her very youth and determination may be what ultimately consumes her. She has much to learn, and little time to learn it as the Sith menace continues to gather its strength

Even in the dark halls where the Sith Lords gather, young Bastila is whispered to be a Jedi of note. Who knows the terrible cost of such dark praise?

At least one thing seems to be for certain... something ugly WILL happen to Bastilla, and it will play an important part for the storyline.

Bah, why do I have to wait 6-7 months before I can find the answers... WHY?!

BTW. Why don't you guys join the chat room every now and then? This is certainly a discussion I would like to continue in there. (link's in my signature)

Ok,not to chance the subject,but that chick Juhani looks familer.On the cover of Star Wars republic comic,issue number 52....theres a women next to durge that looks like her.Her name,i don't know but she weilds TWO dooku sabers and was trained by him.Durge-is a bounty hunter/robot that is the main villian(under doooku) in the new Clone wars cartoon.She fights with a passion to killl jedi.

Its probably useless info,but if Juhani fights like this comic chick..DAMN....

Oh Jedi-babe KaBuTaR(lol) why do you hate xbox??The game comes out in july,giving everyone time to get one.

I take it you're referring to Asajj Ventress? You're right, she does resemble Juhani... kinda... they're both female... and bald...

Anyways...

Oh Jedi-babe KaBuTaR(lol) why do you hate xbox??The game comes out in july,giving everyone time to get one.

Not quite following where Kabutar stated that he hated the x-box(nor what it has to do with the actual discussion), you might take into account that some folks(like me and possibly Kabutar) are not quite interested in consoles, nor would buy it for just one game. (even if it's an epic game like KotOR)

Yo Burrie

thats her...good call.They kinda do look a like.Burrie,i love your knights logo with the footage in it...way cool.

You guys should try xbox,rent it from blockbuster or something.It is a cool system.Get KOTOR for pc,then make it a blockbuster or whatever weekend-rent the xbox and KOTOR.Its just a suggestion.

I'm not interested in consoles either, although I think the xbox is the best at this moment. Most games come out for the PC after a while anyway and I'm not going to buy a console for a game that comes out for the PC just a bit later.

Oh and the link to the chat room only gives the middle of the screen grey on my PC

I agree, buying a console for just one game is pointless, especially when the game is coming to PC. I want to play Metroid Prime but I'm not gonna get a gamecube to do it.

I'm lucky enough to own an xbox already, but if I didn't, I'd wait.

Burrie - yes i guess I am letting her looks blind me. I'm a girl, so i also guess I don't want to see a strong female character fall. But then it would also be good if she comes back. :p Proves her strength in a way :p

Re the bio: you may be right... something ugly may happen... or the stuff in the bio might just be a press tactic...

technically tho burrie, you don't have to wait 6-7 months... you could rent an XBOX and play the game for a weekend or two... thanx to TheChosenOne- for that idea ;)

TheChosenOne- - not that I hate XBOX, that was just a jealous friendly jibe ;) it isn't worth buying one just for one game... unless i get JK:JO and JK:JA with it along with SWG if it's on XBOX (is it?) ;)

plus... the stupid thing is... to be completely happy you'd have to get at least two or three consoles... coz I REALLY like FF8 but can't play that on XBOX, it's PS... I really want to play the Rogue Squadron sequels (Rogue Leader I & II) but they're GameCube which really sucks... :( so yea. and they're not releasing for PC either which is really stupid. :(

anyway...

burrie, perhaps i will join you in the chat room in a bit. ;)

We know very little about Darth Malak's backround and his relation to other characters , but there was a small hint towards a father/son relationship - ing.com " A date with Star Wars "

As most of you probably know this is from December . I personally just thought it realy meens something . There r many ways this could be applied and I hope it is not a copy of the OT . I just wanted to mention this . Yes, SWG is going to be on XBOX .

... Malak is Bindo's father? son? who is older anyway? :p that would certainly cause him to go into hiding.

On the other hand, if Malak is related to Carth that would be the personal betrayal discussed in the bio. :p

Bastila? Bandon? I dunno...

or Malak is your character's father? GOD I HOPE NOT - that would parallel OT TOO much.

Then again, it was a while ago... this could have been scrapped by now. :confused:

Archived