Home

Correct me if I'm wrong...(spoiler)

Hannibal

...but didn't the Devs say that when you start going to the Darkside the background of your character's image will change to red and when your on the light path it'll be blue?

I ask this because in the video that Com was nice enough to post( :D ) Bastila's background image color is yellow.

I was wondering if this meant she was on her way to the darkside...

I put spoiler on this because even though I don't consider this a spoiler, some might.

:looks in GothicSith's direction:

:D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definately remember them saying that going to the darkside would affect your character's portrait, but I was under the impression that they meant the physical appearance of your character. For example, bags under the eyes, paler skin etc... But that doesn't mean they meant that the portrait background would change colors as well to symbolize the character's decent to the Dark Side.

Wouldn't neutral be yellow anyways. They did say that you could stay pretty much neutral throughout most of the story line. Perhaps Bastilla is inately neutral, not necessarily "falling" to the darkside. But then again, what do I know? :p

No matter what the outcome of your question it was a Good catch, Hannibal, I didn't even notice that! :D

Speculation: Would it be possible that the path you take effects Bastila? Whether in the opposite or same direction?

Hmmm...

My speculation : Somehow, Bastilla Shan will go to the Dark Side... mayhaps tricked by Malak one way or the other, or mayhaps she'll join a side of her own to fight Malak.

The PC will try to either bring her back to the Light Side... OR he will join her in the Dark Side.

Originally posted by Burrie

My speculation : Somehow, Bastilla Shan will go to the Dark Side... mayhaps tricked by Malak one way or the other, or mayhaps she'll join a side of her own to fight Malak.

The PC will try to either bring her back to the Light Side... OR he will join her in the Dark Side.

That's an interesting viewpoint... I know it did say on LA website that:

Bastila is brash and impulsive. She is overconfident and seems to walk invincible through her world, though that is hardly the case. Bastila is well aware of the responsibility that presses down on her shoulders. Her Jedi masters urge her to be cautious, but Bastila turns every fiber of her being towards defeating the Sith menace and proving herself to the Jedi. No one doubts that she will one day be a great Jedi... but at what cost? Bastila possesses all the qualities that separate those special few destined to leave their mark on history, but her very youth and determination may be what ultimately consumes her. She has much to learn, and little time to learn it as the Sith menace continues to gather its strength.

Even in the dark halls where the Sith Lords gather, young Bastila is whispered to be a Jedi of note. Who knows the terrible cost of such dark praise?

Of course, that could just be them trying to scare us with promo stuff.

I would think, however, that seeing that you control Bastila at some points, her actions would also be influenced by you - i.e. she wouldn't fall to the dark side on her own unless you tell her to. As for the times she's part of your party, the actions of the party should influence her...

unless of course no matter what you do it's built in to the story to have her fall... no matter what actions/choices you make, she has non-controlled scenes and experiences that push her to the dark side.

Or, the yellow thing is neutral. She has dedicated her life to the light side, but is brash/impulsive. Couldn't these possibly cancel each other out?

It's hard to tell, but I think that stuff from the bio @ LA.com might be just promo stuff to add an air of mystery to pre-game speculation... such as we are conducting here. ;)

takennames - http://www.starwarsknights.com/gamepro.avi is ur movie. :)

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

I definately remember them saying that going to the darkside would affect your character's portrait, but I was under the impression that they meant the physical appearance of your character. For example, bags under the eyes, paler skin etc... But that doesn't mean they meant that the portrait background would change colors as well to symbolize the character's decent to the Dark Side.

No matter what the outcome of your question it was a Good catch, Hannibal, I didn't even notice that! :D

I didn't mention the physical appearance because that's kind of well known. ;)

I'm glad someone else heard about the background colors too.

Shame on you, takennames :tsk:, for not checking out the main site. StarWarsknights.com. Check it daily.

Mmmm, I personally hope that they won't use something as blunt as a character slider. It'll be way too easy to see upon which path we are. I'd rather like a subtle way, like the background slowly changing, and the player's model slowly changing to something more evil.

Originally posted by Burrie

Mmmm, I personally hope that they won't use something as blunt as a character slider. It'll be way too easy to see upon which path we are. I'd rather like a subtle way, like the background slowly changing, and the player's model slowly changing to something more evil.

That's the way it will be Burrie. Sorry guys no slider. At least the last time this was asked there was no slider.

I must have read whatever I was reading wrong:o but it has been traditional in most d&d based CRPGs to show all the stats plain and bare, like reputation which is how you would check how well ur staying on ur alignment..

Having said that I think that yea, it is better to have this sort of thing be judged in the mind of the player and from npc reactions. Looking forward to seeing the portrait changes, as long as it's done subtley(the actual char portrait), I think it's kinda unfashionable for the self-respecting young generation of Sith or Dark Jedi to look as wrinkly as the Emperor:D

I noticed it now that I took a close look. I think yellow is for neutral. I also saw some1 with no background color, I didn't know who it was, but it was the middle portrait. I therefor don't know if he's force capable, if he is yellow will probably on your way to the darkside. I think they said the following b/c I think it depends on you since it's only a suggestion (it also could very well be the same as with Luke and Anakin). I've also read somewhere that there was a romance quest with Bastilla for the male heros and Carth for the female heros, would make sense to go the same way.

Even in the dark halls where the Sith Lords gather, young Bastila is whispered to be a Jedi of note. Who knows the terrible cost of such dark praise?

Originally posted by jedi3112

I noticed it now that I took a close look. I think yellow is for neutral. I also saw some1 with no background color, I didn't know who it was, but it was the middle portrait. I therefor don't know if he's force capable, if he is yellow will probably on your way to the darkside. I think they said the following b/c I think it depends on you since it's only a suggestion (it also could very well be the same as with Luke and Anakin). I've also read somewhere that there was a romance quest with Bastilla for the male heros and Carth for the female heros, would make sense to go the same way.

Yeah I think u're prolly right in saying that yellow is neutral...

What do you mean by the romance quest? i'm a bit confused as to ur explanation... do u remember where you read it?

The romance quest has been talked about in various previews and the official message boards. I'm not sure wether you've played Baldur's Gate 2, but I've read(never played the game) that you can start a romance between your character and one of your allies in the party.

Bascially KotOR will have the same thing. For a male character, there'll be a female PC with whom you can start a romantic relationship(most bets are that Bastilla Shan is the love interest), whilst the female characters will have a male to woo(whose choice will probably be Carth Onassi)

Please note that this romance quest is fully optional. If you don't feel like it, or don't think that the relationship with the other character would work, you can be free to ignore this interesting subquest.

Me, I'll be sure to try and sweep Shan off her feet the first time I play it :)

Here's the site (page 1 starting character poll, don't have the romance confirmed), it's the forum from bioware. There should be some devs on that forum, I don't know if they are posting here, but it's highly possible since this forum is LucasArts and they did post in some threads in the galacticbattles forum. I don't know if u played Baldurs Gate2 but u could get a relationship in that game. I don't really know what it means, but if u had 2 they could start fighting over u I don't know what u gain with the quest, probably just to make it feel a bit more like real life. Just to answer a few questions I think, maybe just like we've seen Padmé and Anakin or Han and Leia in the movies, maybe Bastilla or Carth will follow u more easily and complain less about your decisions.

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=207145&forum=26&sp=0

I also saw some1 with no background color, I didn't know who it was, but it was the middle portrait. I therefor don't know if he's force capable, if he is yellow will probably on your way to the darkside.

From the top o' my head, I'd say that was the Player Character :)

Originally posted by Greda Pa'sun

maybe these colours, if they're only three would represent soldier, scoundrel and scout?

I don't think you would need colors to represent that.

Especially since you will be able to multiclass to an extent.

I am leaning towards it showing your force alignment also.

Originally posted by jedi3112

Here's the site (page 1 starting character poll, don't have the romance confirmed), it's the forum from bioware. There should be some devs on that forum, I don't know if they are posting here, but it's highly possible since this forum is LucasArts and they did post in some threads in the galacticbattles forum. I don't know if u played Baldurs Gate2 but u could get a relationship in that game. I don't really know what it means, but if u had 2 they could start fighting over u I don't know what u gain with the quest, probably just to make it feel a bit more like real life. Just to answer a few questions I think, maybe just like we've seen Padmé and Anakin or Han and Leia in the movies, maybe Bastilla or Carth will follow u more easily and complain less about your decisions.

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=207145&forum=26&sp=0

thx for the link :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a bastila-carth romance. oh well :confused:

Archived