Home

Questions, questions, question...

The Punisher

They haven't told us the skill cap yet, but they've said we will be able to master 3.5 different professions. I expect to get the skills and skill cap sometime in May, when the NDA drops (which isn't that far away now.)

And here are the starting locations. No Endor :(.

Bestine, Tatooine

Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Mos Espa, Tatooine

Mos Entha, Tatooine

Theed, Naboo

Kadaara, Naboo

Keren, Naboo

Moenia, Naboo

Tyrena, Corellia

Doaba Guerfel, Corellia

Kor Vella, Corellia

Coronet, Corellia

Narmle, Rori

Restuss, Rori

Dearic, Talus

Nashal, Talus

First, no, Endor is not available at start. It is a restricted area, and not meant to be easily reached.

Second, there is a skill cap. You can't master more than around 3.5 professions at the same time. However, there is no need to master a profession (unless you need it to reach an elite profession which branches from it), so you can dabble in a lot more professions if you want. Also, you can sacrifice skills you've learnt to be able to learn new ones, if you want to change your characters focus. So don't worry about the planning too much, if it turns out totally wrong, you don't need to scrap your character.

Ok, so lets say for the sake of argument that the skill cap is 3.5 professions. I've read a lot about professions, but still do not know exactly what they are. Is a profession the Artisan, Scout, Marksman etc. categories, or are they the individual columns of the skill trees? :skul5:

Your skills make up your profession. The individual skill trees are there just so you know what skills you have to get to become a Marksman, Scout, etc. For example, I want to be a Mercenary. I'm going to grab skills for Ranged, Melee, Weaponsmith, Piloting, Smuggling, etc, and added together my profession (self titled probably) will be Mercenary.

When they say you can master 3.5 Professions, what they're really saying is you can get enough SP to master 3.5 professions. Instead you could learn a little bit about 6 of them. They're just saying 3.5 professions because they don't want to give away the exact amount of SP we'll be getting.

A profession is made out of four branches of skills. The starting professions (marksman, scout, artisan etc) doesn't require anything, while the elite professions (armoursmith, carbineer, doctor) require you to either master a profession (get all skills from all branches), master one or more branches of the profession, master two professions, or mastering branches from two or more professions.

After this post, I don't want to type 'profession' ever again! :D

Archived