Home

Being lame

Mero Vilul

When playing full force people often call each other lame.

This is about full force duels as mentioned. Throw/pull is common, I have no problem with that. Can I use lightning to counter them? I don't like throw, I can throw/pull but I don't like it. Lightning is easily countered IF you have conserved your force.

Having advantage in the force poll is one of the things you must master in full force duels.

I often meet people who instantly uses a couple of pulls and throws, I count them and knows when hes out or low on force. I counter with a grip or some lightning. He can't counter lightning when hes out of force. He should have thought about that.

he can't pull or push hes way out of a grip when hes low on force.

Yes, I'm darkside.

Some people spend half the force pool by making a force jump to a small ledge trying to get a small breather, when they only would have needed to spend a tiny bit of that force. I get the advantage again.

Being lightside in duels makes countering often-complained-about-forces like grip and lightning even easier with the aid of absorb. Still those complain even more when I use it?

I have a range of force powers I can't use because I get called a lamer. I met people who started to use lightning from the start of a duel, I laugh at them and collects another victory.

There's so many things people complain about but still they don't develope a counter to it. Why not? No force power is really uncounterable, except for gripping a darkside player and moving him behind a wall. But he on the other hand will probably have more force after hes released.

I say GG to people when they grip me to death, because I know I "shouldn't have tried to pull him there, then I would have force to counter him now"... When I die from offensive force powers I know where and when I made my misstake. And I try to not do it again.

I don't want to play the game with throw/pull/kick all the round. I want to use all the powers avaliable. I not gonna use they just because you can't counter them. That's up to you to learn if you want ever to "become the mightiest jedi in the galaxy".

Be like Yoda and Obi, show the lightningspammers how it is countered and kick their asses. It's not hard.

If I want to win by my saber ONLY I join saber ONLY server.

I just can't understand people like this:

- They waste their force poll on throwing/pull/kick and I grip their asses while they complain what a coward I am. Is it hard to counter or if you can't do that just save your force and give me a lot of throws when I release you, because gripping fully takes a lot of force. If you do nothing when I grip you WILL have the force advantage.

- They waster their force pool on lightning, I strike a yellow blow at them, use a quick tap of drain when I'm down on about 70hp, then lightning spam them back. I win. Because They had no shield or force left while I had about 100 hp and next to full force.

- They throw/pull, I use lightning. They complain. Throw/pull is not even fun to use for me.

- They say "no force" I say "no" and kill them in a honest Full Force duel while they complain about how lame I am for using force. YOU are lame for joining a FF server trying to get people who wants to play FF to find another server. FF servers are FAR more fewer than saber only. Use them.

- They heal when down to low health as lightsiders, then I go "If you heal, I heal" and drain them a bit. They go "F*kn drain wh*r*".. Why did you heal if you didn't want me to?

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of people are really good and really honest out there on the server. But these people who complains about things they CAN LEARN to counter and things THEY do themselves but still complain when other do.

FF fights ain't about having the most health like in saber only, it's about having more force than the other too. To many people think about that. To many spend force pool on wallwalking and such.

Just had to write myself of for a while...

And no, I don't like "play the drain game" because I seldom use drain except for countering things like lightning and when the other person heals themselves.

And yes, I end most of my duels with a saber kill. The more I damage you with my lightsaber, the more force I will have compared to you.

I don't enjoy killing with force as much as with my saber, but I LOVE how strategically the force takes me to that victory.

I kill big time complainers with force always. Complain on me and I will pull/kick you to death, lightning and grip+kick you to death.

Play and learn instead of whine and loose.

I can see people calling each other "lame" if they use the same unbeatable technique over and over or cheat, but the fact is, when you get to know the game well enough, you realize that there are counters to pretty much anything.

Where you run into problems is when you limit Force or disable certain powers/weapons, etc like say in a duel, then you run into the problem of possibly breaking the balance.

Still, most people who yell "lame" are just frustrated because they're getting beaten. If they knew how to deal with the tactic, they probably wouldn't say that, since they would realize it was their own mistake(s) that made them lose (or lag, which isn't the other person's fault).

I have been called many things in Game... I know how i play.. i dont bind keys... or hacks... I play to win, i might spam a move a few times but hey life sucks :p

I was playing a game lunch time today, and are flag runner was using Rage... all i could see in the chat was Lame Rage user and such like.... the best way IMO to stop a rage runner is to pull them, if there are 2 of you stopping him both one after the other pull him over, when rage cuts out.... KILL

I mean the effort the guy was putting in to chat spamming, he could easy used to kill the guy lol

Originally posted by Kurgan

I can see people calling each other "lame" if they use the same unbeatable technique over and over or cheat, but the fact is, when you get to know the game well enough, you realize that there are counters to pretty much anything.

Very true. However, I haven't found a way to counter the force pull/saber throw, apart from running around trying to avoid it. Is there a way to make people pay directly for using it? Thanks for any help :)

Artifex complained about that very thing and for a long time I had no idea how to respond to this. I have some ideas though...

I'm assuming you mean in Saber only (since guns work fine against saber users, especially against those who like to throw away their glow stick shield, heh).... I would suggest Absorb, or turn off Push completely (this might negate the "auto block" effect, but I'd have to test it to be sure) and rely instead on Grip/Pull to toss people over the edge.

The "force block" manuver is also dependent on certain factors like your actions and movement between the two players, so in theory you could simply "dodge" to make it so you were just pulled towards them, then follow up with a kick or a quick thrust.

People fear that which they can not do or understand.

FF dueling takes a tremendous amount of skill and dexterity (not to mention a crap load of keys) and unless you flail around like a retard in medium stance they are going to insult you every time.

It's just something you have to learn to deal with.

:(

Now that said I will comment on something that has been irritating me a lot lately with the "newer" generation of FF duel players.

When I say newer generation I'm referring to the people who have not been around since the beginning and played on ladders/leagues against/with the best players of all time.

A lot of the newer guys lack the ability to truly duel FF worth a damn. Their kick game is weak, they can't combo worth a damn and just in general they lack the finesse and skill that comes with experience.

However they do seem smart enough to realize, "hey I can play total defense and hide behind this box for 15 minutes and grip anyone who comes around a corner. If I screw up I can run away and try it again because I'm not going to even bother trying to fight a guy head to head because I've never even really learned to combo."

Take a look at most of the European players on Infinite.

They will pt once and strafe around the map until the time runs out.

Yes I know an argument can be made that they are smart and blah blah, but to myself and most veterans it just makes the person look like a pathetic scared noob.

In ladder/league play anything goes. My 10 round match for the #1 spot on TWL was almost 2 hours long so trust me when I say I have 0 problem playing as gay as humanly possible when it counts.

But in pub matches watching a player shoot a guy with level 2 lighting and running away until the time limit hits is just stupid and makes the person doing it lose any respect I had for them as a player.

Yes I know how effective playing total defense and simply counter-gripping is.

I was doing it months before 90% of the rest of the JK2 FF duel scene caught on to how effective it can be.

However I choose not to play that way anymore because it simply gets old having 20 minute matches with every random noob who stumbles into our server.

Knock me on my ass and combo me and kill me and I will respect you.

Run away at the start of the match and after 20 minutes and 30 to 40 failed attempts at gripping me from behind a box you finally manage to land one all you end up doing is make yourself out to look like a noob with a weak game who just kept rolling the dice and finally got lucky.

Originally posted by Prime

Very true. However, I haven't found a way to counter the force pull/saber throw, apart from running around trying to avoid it. Is there a way to make people pay directly for using it? Thanks for any help :)

Well if you are light side a very effective way to defend against it is to simply flip on level 3 protect right before impact. 30 damage becomes like 6.

However that's like saying absorb counters grip. Sure it does but in a FF duel just playing light side period is just plain dumb/risky.

For me I play dark so the only way to not get drilled is to use the same technique I use to avoid kicks.

Prediction and evasion.

Usually I will rush a person head on (with no intention of attacking) and just when I get within that 5-8 foot "he's too close I better do something" range I break left/right with a quick roll just as I start to get the sense that they are about to let one fly.

On small maps like duel_bay it's very hard because of all the garbage (walls/ships) in your way but on open maps like hangar/temple I would say I can dodge pt's about 85% of the time.

Also when fighting a "ranged fighter" (some one who won't get close) level 3 lighting flat out owns. Get within pt range and just keep frying them with short blasts while you roll and evade.

You will make them nervous and with in a few seconds they will have wasted nearly all of their pool (from the hasty pt's) and are ripe to be taken down.

They can make for a nice change of pace. But again, I prefer to spawn enemies in singlplayer over using stupid bots.

MP or bust, i can not stand playing Bots and the sp game has got a bit long in the tooth for me now.

got to say i do play bots now and again just to try some thing out, then switch to a MP game to see if it works wile being shot pulled kicked and stuff lol

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

...i do play bots now and again just to try some thing out, then switch to a MP game to see if it works wile being shot pulled kicked and stuff lol

When they say there is nothing like playing a real person, they ain't kidding :)

in reply to #1

"I often meet people who instantly uses a couple of pulls and throws, I count them and knows when hes out or low on force. I counter with a grip or some lightning. He can't counter lightning when hes out of force. He should have thought about that.

he can't pull or push hes way out of a grip when hes low on force."

Why not just drain them right off and save yourself the trouble?lol

I hate whiners too, there is a counter for every move in JK2, if you don't like somthing learn how to counter it. I used to always play darkside, I decided to try light side because I was sick of being grip/thrown all the time. Since then my playing has improved by double. My point is that no one else is going to change, somtimes one has to change their own playing style if they want a better chance.

When they say there is nothing like playing a real person, they ain't kidding :)

hehehe ant that the truth, its like learning to drive.. you start by learning to pass your test, once that's done you can get down to learning how to Drive.

I used Bots to learn how to jump across to the platform in bespin streets and then jump though the window bit the other side (watching the vids available from Nuti and co are a good source of info) then once I learnt to get across you have to join a MP map and try doing it wile being shot and pulled (can be very difficult)

Lando try's to get me to Rage run it but I die to all the pullers.. so I stick to absorb, this is where some people think I am cheating... but I am not, if they got 2 or 3 on the flag pushing, what I do is when I jump across keep the cursor slightly elevated, and finger held on the jump key... first push will slow you down... second push will lift you up... and all after that will keep you lifting... when over the target let go of jump, and counter any more pushes... if you then can get away with out them getting a good shot on you, they are normally all out of force from trying to push you over and you should be on full force from all the pushing :). Well that's the way I do it anyhow

i also found with bots... useing the skill that you use in a MP game, some times dont work with bots. and vise versa

also some saber combat is not so easy to learn against bots as all they do is run forward and backwards... you dont see that very oftern on line. and as Prime said But once you can beat bots consistantly, they are no challenge whatsoever.

Archived