Home

XP bonues for Sides?

Dradle

No. But you'll gain faction points when you perform duties to your faction. Faction points can be used to gain access to special equipment, weaponry and armour, to command units and even walkers on battlefields, and to build turrets etc on battlefields. You can also be granted fast transportation by shuttle and eventually, after the space expansion, a good faction point account will help if you want to 'borrow' a starfighter and take the war to another level.

From everything that I have heard and read thus far, the Pilot will "most likely" be one of the new professions bundled with the Space Expansion. So not to worry little brother, I think you just might get what you want.

They have a video out there from E3 where they show space combat. Everything is "twitch" based, like a FPS. I think I read, though, that the less you have in Piloting the harder it will be to control your ship.

And I'm pretty sure you don't have to ask anybody to fight. I think space is FFA.

[Edit] Oh, and there's no atmospheric flight, only space.

There will probably be space stations, and safe zones around the planets. Your right, full FFA would be bad.

[Edit] EEK Wraith! All right...well... They must have some kind of rules, or else Space will be really lame. Griefers will own the place.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

There will probably be space stations, and safe zones around the planets. Your right, full FFA would be bad.

[Edit] EEK Wraith! All right...well... They must have some kind of rules, or else Space will be really lame. Griefers will own the place.

yeah there are,... both sides have to agree :D thats it

Ok kaiser seriously every thread i post in you post after with some silly Jedi comment STOP talking about Jedi's hopefully you won't be one phewwww :D

Sorry about that people but it really is annoying me i hope the dev's clear it up soon :)

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Yeah man, we were talking about Space, not Jedi.

:naboo: not :slsaber:

anyway you look at it.........................Jedi is Star Wars......what would Star Wars be without Jedi??? a bunch of gun ships flying aimlessly around space...

:lsduel:

:yodaball:

Look at games like Earth and Beyond and such that have space combat. SWG's space expansion will be keeping an eye on those games to get an idea of what works.

I really doubt that space combat will be released as a twitch based combat. I would bet a paycheck that at final release, it ends up being more turn based (or queued) attacks. Bonuses in Space Combat attacks will be given for piloting (gunnery skill) and based on the equipment that you buy (Photon torpedoes/ Concussion torpedoes and lasers). Defensively, piloting (evasion) skills and shield/hull upgrades will keep your butt from sucking vacuum.

The reason I believe this is due to the arguments the DEV team have made for their ground combat choices. All still apply to space combat. Twitch based combat will still have to fight against lag and reflexes. While turn based is more cerebral, the stance the DEVs have taken on SWG's combat so far.

I will say that both twitch and turn based have upsides and downsides, I enjoy both. But IMHO the DEVS will go with the one that has more control put into it for the fairness of all.

Archived