Home

PK3 files... How to edit properly?

MataTahu

OK, I'm new here, so go easy on me... Also, I'm only running the demo.

I'm trying to edit the "*.jpg" files in the "assets0.pk3" file. But, every time I try to run the program with the new files in the pk3, it says "corrupted pk3 file". Is there any way to bypass or fix this? Thanks in advance, If I'm able to get help, I'll post pics of my adventures!

If you are creating your own texture great folders in the base directory that follow the same stepping as that showen in the pk3

ie.

base/

./textures/NAMEOFFOLDER/NAMESOFFOLDER/yournewtexture.jpg

Welcome to the forums :)

Anakin

I'm just taking the existing files, and editing them in Macromedia Fireworks, and exporting them as jpgs again.

I want this to work, as I'm sure you all would love to see Kyle with a Kick Me sign on his back! And the reborn with "Kiss the Cook" on his shirt.

I think I get what you mean... Let me try to muddle through... I'm using winzip to open the file.

You know, you don't need to mess with the assets0.pk3 file. If you want to modify anything just make a new pk3 file and put that file into the gamedata/base folder.

the problem that you're having consist in that the path is too long, try to make the path as a relative path under the gamedata/base folder.

wrong way:

yadda...yadda.../gamedata/base/models/players/kyle

right way:

models/players/kyle

Well i advise u NOT to mess with any assets u might have in base folder...

What i advise u is to get Pakscape, wich is made to create .pk3 files, and plus, u understand more what u doin there.

Move the assets0.pk3 to another directory (off JKII stuff) and make a copy of it and place it on base!

Then u should get it opened with Pakscape n just switch the textures u want to change, save and exit.

Although i advise u again, dont mess with the original neither with a new assets file...

Instead of that why dont u create a skin? That way u can make it accessible to everyone to c, if u post t somewhere.

If u decide to create skins, maps, models, whatever, open all the assets u have in winzip and extract everything in em to ur base folder, n say yes to overwrite equal files when asked...

May The Force Be With You!

Archived